Sign in to follow this  
FatB

aah

FatB   

man how frustrating is it when you hear something about your own history and and diin that you had no idea about it before hand.....i came across a book that mentioned "king Dhul Qarnayn", apparently he built the "iron wall" that barricades yajuj an majuj, situated on the mountains of Caucasus mountain range...

Back to my frustration...don’t you hate it when you find out that your knowledge in Islamic history is virtually non-existent, and that you have no idea about the trials of islam and its prestige...which brings me to why i posted this....

are there any sourse, reliable sourse that give detailed or analysis of islamic history, that i could get my hands on? and do not require a PhD is history to understand??

...oh, and who exactly was this Dhul Qarnayn

Dhubad.   

^^ I see what you mean. The following are verses extracted from the Quran Surat AL-kahf(The CAVE), they talk about Dhul Qarnayn or Zul-qarnain. These verses will just give you a brief information about the subject.

I will also loved to see more information about Dhul Qarnayn.

83. They ask thee concerning Zul-qarnain. Say, "I will rehearse to you something of his story."

84. Verily We established his power on earth, and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends.

85. One (such) way he followed,

86. Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness."

87. He said: "Whoever doth wrong, him shall we punish; then shall he be sent back to his Lord; and He will punish him with a punishment unheard-of (before).

88. "But whoever believes, and works righteousness,- he shall have a goodly reward, and easy will be his task as We order it by our Command."

89. Then followed he (another) way,

90. Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no covering protection against the sun.

91. (He left them) as they were: We completely understood what was before him.

92. Then followed he (another) way,

93. Until, when he reached (a tract) between two mountains, he found, beneath them, a people who scarcely understood a word.

94. They said: "O Zul-qarnain! the Gog and Magog (People) do great mischief on earth: shall we then render thee tribute in order that thou mightest erect a barrier between us and them?

95. He said: "(The power) in which my Lord has established me is better (than tribute): Help me therefore with strength (and labour): I will erect a strong barrier between you and them:

96. "Bring me blocks of iron." At length, when he had filled up the space between the two steep mountain-sides, He said, "Blow (with your bellows)" Then, when he had made it (red) as fire, he said: "Bring me, that I may pour over it, molten lead."

97. Thus were they made powerless to scale it or to dig through it.

98. He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord: But when the promise of my Lord comes to pass, He will make it into dust; and the promise of my Lord is true."

99. On that day We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another: the trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all together.

100. And We shall present Hell that day for Unbelievers to see, all spread out,-

FatB   

molten lead

i thought that lead melted at 375 degrees centergrade...how could they have accomplished such a feet?

dhubad, from where did you get the translation?, can you provide a source

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by tHe oNe aNd OnLy:

quote: molten lead

i thought that lead melted at 375 degrees centergrade...how could they have accomplished such a feet?

dhubad, from where did you get the translation?, can you provide a source
Source: http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/

I have also checked against The Quran, English Revised and Edited by Saheeh International and therre is no differences although, the choice of English words are some what different.