Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Sakina, An Invitation For A Discussion

Nur   

Nafisa sis

No harm done sis, you have nothing to apologise for, as long as our intentions are for Allah alone, no harm.

Rahima sis

(Eucaliptus)Is that the scientific name for the Qaat? the same tree the Koala's munch on trees in Australia and New Zealand? I saw this name in natural healing literaure, I hope it not the same though, I hate to see Somalis find a new health application in chewing on Qaat.

Bint Abu Saeed

Jazaakellahu Khairan for the abundant resources you have linked, I guess the room is quiet because Nomads are busy reading theses links, may Allah guide the lost among us, amin.

Nur

Rahima   

(Eucaliptus)Is that the scientific name for the Qaat? the same tree the Koala's munch on trees in Australia and New Zealand? I saw this name in natural healing literaure, I hope it not the same though, I hate to see Somalis find a new health application in chewing on Qaat.

No it’s not, but Qaat is to Somali men like Eucalyptus leaves are to koalas, which by the way are only natives of OZ not kiwiland (The fierce rivalry has sucked me in too :D ).

Sadly in Australia many are flocking to a particular state because of its abundance of qaat trees.

Nur   

I guess it is Melbourne? I wish Somalis took advantage of other natural occuring attractions better than Qaat such as the prestine great barrier reef, a dive or two in these great waters can give a better uplift than a ton of Qaat. is the summer time in December as I was told?

Rahima   

I guess it is Melbourne?

Nope. Good old Perth, exact same climate as Somalia ;) .

is the summer time in December as I was told?

Yes, sadly we are the midst of winter :( , but after enduring the winters of London and Norway, boy am I glad we have our winters, not too cold, not too much rain, sun still shines, beautiful alxamdullilah.

I wish Somalis took advantage of other natural occuring attractions better than Qaat such as the prestine great barrier reef, a dive or two in these great waters can give a better uplift than a ton of Qaat.

Likwise, I’m sure many don’t even know where the great barrier reef is icon_razz.gif