Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Tiresome Zenawi: Stronger sub-clan is negotiating with us

The Zack   

They are actually being dealt with. They are good at terrorizing civilians but when it comes to fighting the ONLF, they can't really handle that.

The Zack   

What Abdi Ileey, the current so called Somali region president, did is he created the "Liyuu Police" for specific districts in the region and he selected them according to they clans and sub clans. The Liyuu police in Dhagax-Buur are strictly from that area, the Liyuu Police in Godey are also from Godey and so on.

Kamaavi   

Lol@ this thread. War Melez doqonsanaa ,,,, :D

Originally posted by The Zack:

They are called "Liyuu Police" in Amharic which means New Police.

Liyuu Police = Different Police. It means semi army troops. They are neither police nor army troops!

Addis police = New police, Zack your Ahmaric is degenerating. Fix it up! icon_razz.gif

The Zack   

^Ferguson LOOOL

Did they change it again? Darn, I hate that language, it keeps getting changed.

On a serious note, I stand corrected, after all I never admired that language.

Kamaavi   

Lol@ It keeps getting changed.

It's not your fault. Most Ogadēn news portals put in same way you said. I say blame on them. :D

^adaaaba intaas yaqaana sxb. Anigu intan baa ka bartey askartii Mengiste. I know they all offensive words but this is all I know anigow waliba Jarar ku dhashey kuna caqliyeystey taasina waxay marag utahay inaynaan Ethiopian ahayn waligeedna noqoneyn!

-Inaati Libdhaa

-Ximsi qulaa dafaa

-Wishaashaa

-Handharaa

-Leebaa

-Soomaali shirdhaanow

iyo

-Min cayntisawiyaa

The Zack   

Abdilatif :D:D:D

Waar intii u waalneed baad ka baratay go'naheen. I agree that our identity will never change, Inyaa itoobiyaawii adhalam baaki :D

^^I agree waa intii u waalneed but there is a reason as to why.

See, the only Ethiopians we came contact were the soldiers. Of course, knowing that we see them as occupiers and dislike them, they curse us and that's how I came to know these filthy words!

That was then, Mengistu's days but even now, not many people speak Ahmaric. I really like this proudness and defiant behavior of Somalis in ******. I am not agaisnt learning any language but not learning their language and culture kept us Somalis thus far. If we would have learnt their language and culture, we would have intermarried them, assimilated and lost our somaliness long time ago.

When I went to Addis in 2006, I really did not like what I have seen, somalis from somalia maryying them and loosing their culture, and acting more Ethiopians than Somalis. It was disappointing!

mins 1:12>

Waa hal jaan qabiilkuye intuu haysto faraqeena

Reer hebel miyaad tahay intaa lugu hadaaqaayo

Kolba meesha hooska intey labo ka haasaawi

The Zack   

^Roda couldn't have said it better, she is a phenomenal poet. I remember her singing the song "calanyahow bidhaan wacanoow, bilaash maanan kugu heline" in Godey in 1993.

Som@li   

Maxay buu Soomali kala bartey, and their weakness(Qabiil), Zenaawi waa Will hoog, cid iska dhicisa buu raba.