Sign in to follow this  
mantra

Help us help ourselves..

mantra   

http://www.hiiraan.com/op/2006/mar/Ibrahim_Abdulkadir120306.htm

Reading that article, I noticed;

a. The author (a very nice person I must admit, replied to all of my cumbersome messages) has just about given up, he speaks of the situation as if it's completely irrevocable.

b. He has no immediate solutions beyond giving a few dollars to a humanitarian organization.

This is where I’m lost. Displaced Somalis globally have absolutely no hope for our country. Why is it that we have given up so easily? A few bloodthirsty warmongers and we have become a nation without a country, a people without hope.

I’m sure when our grandparents and parents left for neighboring African countries, the Middle East, Europe, America and only God knows where else, they did not envision living away this long. Everyone probably thought this problem would die down and they could get back to their old homes and continue life as always. I bet no one thought 15 years later; this atrocity would still be going on.

Seems everyone shut his or her eyes for the past decade or so.

Let’s face it beyond writing a few articles now and then. Sending a little aid back home what else have we done for our country? Seriously, what have YOU done for your country? I know I’ve done absolutely nothing. Not even a prayer.

Why have we accepted a bunch of unruly greedy beasts to defeat us…an entire people? We only chase after our daily lives, hardly helping others. When did living in a community home in a white mans land become our lives? when did holding a dead end job become a routine? When did studying damn hard everyday to work for a pale faced racist become our goal? We have a home. A place where we can become anything we want to be. A country we can build and take pride in. when did we forget that?

I don’t have solutions myself as is quite obvious, but I do have the passion and the drive to try and bring some change about Somalia. We have educated youths the world over, why do we waste away in a land that is not ours. A land where we are not welcome, when we have a beautiful home that’s practically calling out for us to save it.

The drought situation really did show us up didn’t it? Showed us for what we really are; selfish. People are dying in the thousands...yes I said D-Y-I-N-G the situation hasn’t improved much. Now, honestly what ARE we doing? We have doctors, teachers, nurses (lord knows we have nurses) journalists...we have Somali politicians in other countries. What is it that’s stopping us from coming together to benefit our people? Our kids? Our future?

I want a Somalia where children don’t sleep hungry, a Somalia where every girl gets an education, where no one lives in fear of another. Where we embrace our tribal differences and respect one another. A united Somalia. I want a home.

I have gone on and on, and even though solutions completely elude me, i’ll be damned if I accept the status quo as a future trend. Let’s not let our generation give up like our predecessors. Let’s try our best and may Allah make it easier for us.

Now Mantra has done rambling. I would love to hear your ideas on what we CAN do, and please if your a pessimist I suggest you dont bother typing out how the situation cannot be helped...keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing good to add. Everyone else...take a deep breath and start typing.

Hada maa soo toostay, abaayadiis?

Ideas are kumi and taano, everyone has it. Waa laga daalay. Countless threads were devoted on this site alone, including the featured thread above this one.

Actions or ficil, on the other hand, ...

Soo dhawoow.

mantra   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Hada maa soo toostay, abaayadiis?

Ideas are kumi and taano, everyone has it. Waa laga daalay. Countless threads were devoted on this site alone, including the featured thread above this one.

Actions or ficil, on the other hand, ...

Soo dhawoow.

lool hadan toose..caqligi afrikaani

yes I just stumbled on such a topic..i'll delete this one.

af somaliga wu igu cusub yahay..whats ficil?