Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Ethiopian troops return to Somalia

Johannesburg, South Africa - With or without an international mandate, Ethiopian forces have entered Somali territory to back up a fast-failing Somali government.

Sources close to Western embassies in Nairobi confirmed news reports that Ethiopian troops have taken positions in the Central Somali town of Beledweyne, and that Ethiopian troops were also active in the Gelgadud region north of the capital of Mogadishu. Kenyan forces, too, are reportedly amassing along the Somali border as a defensive measure, in what Kenya's foreign minister described in a press conference as a matter of "national security."

The intervention – officially denied by the Ethiopian government – comes as Somalia's parliament speaker, Sheik Aden Mohamed Nor Madobe, sent an urgent call Saturday for military intervention by Somalia's neighbors within the next 24 hours. At present, pro-government militias and a 3,000-strong contingent of African Union peacekeepers control a few city blocks around the presidential palace in Mogadishu, along with the airport and seaport. The rest is firmly in the hands of hardline Islamist militias.

"Mogadishu is almost under the total control of Al Shabab and Hizbul Islam," says an analyst close to Western embassies in Nairobi. "It is unpredictable, due to the nature of clan politics. Nobody knows who is in charge where. Shabab and Hizbul Islam have the upper hand, but there are rumors that the US wants to send ammunition in to the government, but they don't know who to give it to. There is the question of loyalty" among the various militia commanders.

web page

NGONGE   

What will happen if he resigns though?

I think he should wait it out. Let the Xabashis come first. After that, he can resign, run to Asmara and organise another resistance group. He can blame it all on ina sharmarke. :D

But on a serious note, the man should see this thing through now. He can't quit just yet.

NGONGE   

^^ I don't think there is one. That's why I think he should wait until some bright spark views the situation and realises that there is an opening for a third 'option'.

Johnny B   

An opening is always there, as everything can be improved, refined if you like, but bringing a workable solution for their country hasen't been Somali's forte, and from what we witness to judge in terms of illiteracy figures, I'm not hopeful.

ps... i'm going to Borama and apply for Somaliland citizenship. icon_razz.gif

the kuffar who invade somalia will learn the same lesson they have learned in 2007 and 2008.

they will never tame somalia for eithopians by nature are cowards.

Dhubad.   

^Who is going to teach them a lesson? Al-shabaab? I doubt it, this group lost the war long time ago when they focused on minor issues like who can listen what radio or banning sports!

People are fed up with them not because they have introduces Sharia Law but the fact that they call everyone who opposes them Murtad or kill innocent people.

I am afraid they don’t have the support they had a couple of years back !

NGONGE   

Dhubad, dee marada cas iska tuur. You can't say all that and still have Al Shabab guy on your avater. :D

Dhubad.   

lool@NG. Nimankaan waan jeclaa man but the disappointed me lately!

But I will keep the Cimaada Cas for now just in case they rectify their mistakes.