Sign in to follow this  
FatB

jsut a simple question

FatB   

salamu calaycum

what is the ruling on using contraseption in islam? i now "fear of not bening able to support a child is not an excuse" but wat if u jsut don't feel like having a child at this period of time??

hi tHe oNe aNd OnLy, first, contraception is nothing new, people have practiced in many forms for a lon long long time.

Take the good 'old-fashioned rubber for example, its history is that of the human race, there are even cave painting of it, while Ancient egyptians used animal gut and so on..

Herbal concoctions have the same history. And their aim was pretty much the of the modern pill which is now in the form of hormones.

And i agree with you on

i now "fear of not bening able to support a child is not an excuse"

your right, it is not excuse, it is a justified reason. Not being able to support a child means not being able to fulfill all your duties as a parent and denying that child their fundamental rights, whether inshrined in religion or law and that is a stronger case.

Second there is the right of your woman to decide the course and direction her body takes, since it is she that will have carry the heavier load (litterally as well smile.gif ) after it is meant to be partnership.

Therefore please take contraception seriously. First as method for shaping your family and second empowering yourself and your parner in the lifestyle you choose to lead.

here are some links, an earlier discussion on the subject in SOL and condom history , hope they help.

Nur   

The One.

Contraception is a not a new invention, the compaions of the prophet posed this question to the prophet SAWS b4, their method was different, it was called AZL, ( Insulation), to which the Prophet SAWS approved with caution, saying that If Allah decrees to create, nothing can interfere, still, the practice was not prohibited.

Like any other Islamic issue that touches on pilars of faith, the intention behind any action outweighs the action itself, if the intention is fear of poverty for not being able to provide, that will conflict with the following verse " And order your family to pray, we do not ask you to provide for yourselves, we provide living for you,"

If the intention is to rule out having kids and instead raise a dog and a cat, that will conflict with the purpose behind marriage which is tom procreate a healthy replacement at least to carry on the purpose of life on earth and worship of Allah,

Lastly if the intention is to space births for health reasons or to give adequate time to a child b4 another anarchist comes along, then the practice is acceptable as long as it is insulation ( AZL) an abortion

Wallah Aclam

Nur

Read the following Ayahs and Understand it meaning..You will find all available answers with you in a shortwhile. 18 Whoever wishes for the quick-passing (transitory enjoyment of this world), We readily grant him what We will for whom We like. Then, afterwards, We have appointed for him Hell, he will burn therein disgraced and rejected, ( far away from Allah's Mercy).

19 And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it (i.e. do righteous deeds of Allah's Obedience) while he is a believer (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism), then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, thanked and rewarded (by Allah).

20 To each these as well as those We bestow from the Bounties of your Lord. And the Bounties of your Lord can never be forbidden.

21 See how We prefer one above another (in this world) and verily, the Hereafter will be greater in degrees and greater in preference.

22 Set not up with Allah any other ilah (god), (O man)! (This verse is addressed to Prophet Muhammad , but its implication is general to all mankind), or you will sit down reproved, forsaken (in the Hell-fire).

23 And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour.

24 And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small."

25 Your Lord knows best what is in your inner-selves. If you are righteous, then, verily, He is Ever Most Forgiving to those who turn unto Him again and again in obedience, and in repentance.

26 And give to the kindred his due and to the Miskin (poor) and to the wayfarer. But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift . [Tafsir. At-Tabari, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9: 60)].

27 Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the Shayatin (devils), and the Shaitan (Devil ­ Satan) is ever ungrateful to his Lord.

28 And if you (O Muhammad ) turn away from them (kindred, poor, wayfarer, etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but if you have no money at the time they ask you for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then, speak unto them a soft kind word (i.e. Allah will give me and I shall give you).

29 And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift), so that you become blameworthy and in severe poverty.

30 Truly, your Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills and straitens (for whom He wills). Verily, He is Ever All-Knower, All-Seer of His slaves.

31 And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.

32 And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fahishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allah forgives him).

33 And do not kill anyone which Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. And whoever is killed (intentionally with hostility and oppression and not by mistake), We have given his heir the authority [(to demand Qisas, Law of Equality in punishment or to forgive, or to take Diya (blood money)]. But let him not exceed limits in the matter of taking life (i.e he should not kill except the killer only). Verily, he is helped (by the Islamic law).

34 And come not near to the orphan's property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength. And fulfil (every) covenant. Verily! the covenant, will be questioned about.

35 And give full measure when you measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight. That is good (advantageous) and better in the end.

36 And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah).

37 And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height.

38 All the bad aspects of these (the above mentioned things) are hateful to your Lord.

39 This is (part) of Al-Hikmah (wisdom, good manners and high character, etc.) which your Lord has inspired to you (O Muhammad ). And set not up with Allah any other ilah (god) lest you should be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected, (from Allah's Mercy).

Satisfied? smile.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

Read the following Ayahs and Understand it meaning..You will find all available answers with you in a shortwhile. ...... Satisfied?

NO

Flib, man i hate answers like that. you say nothing... Look an honest question was posted regarding a fundamental choise in a persons lifestyle and you come out preaching. Whats that meant to do ..

There is little that is clear in the passages that u posted. Texts such as that are scholary. they need people that are highly versed in them and their related content to be able to interpert them realise the message they convey, their subtleties and how you should use them. Which brings us back to u.

How do u suggest ppl to use it ... i mean with a phrase like

and Understand it meaning.

what after 4 years of learning arabic, studying the quran, the hadiths, having lengthy discussion with scholars and contemplating on hillside!

There is nothing clear cut in most of the text and you will only find answers in it if ou understand it in context, and i repeat context which takes a great amount of time, dedication and learning to build. So please dont just throw a few well placed quotes at people without u yourself understanding the context in which the question is posed.

^^^^31 And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.

Is this the answer you requested coz contraception will automatically kill lot of would be children... smile.gifsmile.gif

Pucca   

edited:

What is the ruling concerning birth control?

This is a contemporary issue and many people ask about it. In the previous session of the Conference of the Leading Scholars [of Saudi Arabia], there was a study of this issue. They issued a verdict according to their opinion o­n this issue. In sum, they concluded that it is not allowed to take birth control pills. Allah has sanctioned the means that lead to procreation and a larger Muslim nation. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you o­n the Day of Resurrection."

Another narration states at the end, "[outnumber] the prophets o­n the Day of Resurrection." The Muslim Nation is in need of being increased in numbers so that it may worship Allah, strive in His way, and defend the Muslims, by the will of Allah, from the plots of their enemies. It is a must to avoid such things [as birth control] and not to use them except in the cases of dire necessity.

If there is a necessity, there is no harm. [This would be] for example, if the woman has some illness in her uterus or so forth that would harm her if she were to become pregnant. Then she may use such pills to the extent of her need.

This is also the case if she already has many children and it would become a hardship o­n her to have another o­ne soon, then she may use the birth control pills for a specific amount of time, such as o­ne year or two years, which is the amount of time designated for breast feeding, until she reaches the stage where she would be able to raise the child properly.

But if the women is taking them just so she will be free of responsibility or to be able to work or to live a comfortable life and other similar reasons why women take such pills these days, [it should be understood that] for these reasons it is not allowed to take birth control pills.

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

^^^^31 And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.

Is this the answer you requested coz contraception will automatically kill lot of would be children...
smile.gifsmile.gif

But kill what? an egg or a sperm .. Then you'll screeming bloody murder at every menstruating woman and man that looses few of his 4 a day million sperms cells ..

Yonis   

First of all,you asked a good question. Second thing, there is nothing simple or easy when it comes to Islamic questions and one must not use such words.

To answer your question, Islam is not against any method of contraception that prevents the conception of a child, but it is against destroying a fetus once it has life. During the life of our prophet a man come to him and said that he withdrawal from his wife during intercourse. The prophet did not tell the man to refrain what he was doing. So, if you don’t want to have many kids or want to give some intervals between your kids or some health problems, you can simply follow that method or use condom, if you find it safe and can satisfy your needs.

Walahu Aclam

FatB   

masha alah

they need people that are highly versed in them

er thanks caano geel but i think i can make my self soud ****** all on my own thanks <<< i jest, personal i did not undersand a single sentence that flip posted ah well.

so, let me get this str8, contraseptives are not encouraged but are acceptible if u wish to use them! right?

EDIT: DIDN'T SEE PUCCA'S POST ABOVE, SORRY FOR THE REPEAT.

I found this these two reglious verdicts regarding this issue, hope it answers your questions. (refer to www.fatwaonline.com

Ruling concerning birth control

Question: What is the ruling concerning birth control?

Response: This is a contemporary issue and many people ask about it. In the previous session of the Council of the Senior Scholars [of Saudi Arabia], there was a study of this issue. They issued a verdict according to their opinion on this issue. In sum, they concluded that it is not allowed to take birth control pills. Allaah has sanctioned the means that lead to procreation and a larger Muslim nation. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you on the Day of Resurrection)).

Another narration states at the end:

(([outnumber] the prophets on the Day of Resurrection)).

The Muslim Nation is in need of being increased in numbers so that it may worship Allaah, strive in His way, and defend the Muslims, by the will of Allaah, from the plots of their enemies. It is a must to avoid such things [as birth control] and not to use them except in the cases of dire necessity. If there is a necessity, there is no harm. [This would be] for example, if the woman has some illness in her uterus or so forth that would harm her if she were to become pregnant. Then she may use such pills to the extent of her need.

This is also the case if she already has many children and it would become a hardship on her to have another one soon, then she may use the birth control pills for a specific amount of time, such as one year or two years, which is the amount of time designated for breast feeding, until she reaches the stage where she would be able to raise the child properly. But if the women is taking them just so she will be free of responsibility or to be able to work or to live a comfortable life and other similar reasons why women take such pills these days, [it should be understood that] for these reasons it is not allowed to take birth control pills.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz

Fataawa al-Mar.ah

Regarding coitus interrupts

One can only practice coitus interruptus with the permission of the wife

Question: When is it allowed for a woman to use birth control pills? Is there a clear text or opinion of the jurists on birth control? Is it allowed for a Muslim to practice coitus interruptus for no reason?

Response: Muslims must increase their numbers to the best of their ability. This is the command that the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) gave to the Muslims when he said:

((Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you)).

Having more children means the Muslim nation will be larger. This is an honor for the Muslim Nation. Allaah stated while talking about His blessings on the Tribes of Israel:

{We made you more numerous in man-power}, [soorah al-lsraa., Aayah 6].

And Shuayb said to his people:

((And remember when you were but few and He multiplied you)), [soorah al-A’raaf, Aayah 86].

No one can deny that the larger the Nation, the greater its hone and strength. This is the opposite of those who falsely and wrongfully claim that large population is a cause for poverty and hunger. If the Nation becomes larger, relies upon Allaah and believes in the promise Allaah has made in the verse:

{And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah}, [soorah Hood, Aayah 6].

Allaah will make their affairs easy for them and enrich them from His bounty. Based on that comes the answer to the question. A woman should not use birth control unless two conditions are met:

The first condition is that she is in need of such a practice. For example, she may be ill and cannot sustain bearing a child every year, her body might be weak or other causes that may make it difficult for her to be pregnant every year.

The second condition is that the husband gives his permission for the practice. This is because it is the right of the husband to have children. Furthermore, they must consult with a doctor concerning those pills. They have to see if taking them or not taking them could be hazardous to her health.

If these two conditions are met, there is no harm in her using those pills. But such procedures as pills or other forms must not be of a permanent nature. That is, one cannot use a form of birth control that is of a permanent nature as that will cut off the possibility of procreation. As for the second part of the question, the answer is that, in reality, birth control is something that is not possible. This is because pregnancy and non-pregnancy are both in the hand of Allaah. If humans try to limit their children to a specific number, it is possible that all of them may die in one year due to some cause and they will be left with no children at all.

Birth control is something that is not considered acceptable by the Sharee'ah. However, temporary limitation of pregnancy due to necessity, as was mentioned above, is permissible. As for coitus interruptus that is done for no sanctioning cause, according to the correct opinion among the scholars, it is permissible. This is based on the hadeeth of Jaabir who said:

"We used to perform coitus interruptus during the time that the Qur.aan was being revealed",

...that is, during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam). If that act were forbidden, Allaah would have forbidden them from it. However, the scholars say that coitus interruptus must not be done with a free [non-slave] wife except with her permission. This is because she also has the right to have children. It also reduces her sexual pleasure. The pleasure of the woman is not complete until after the male ejaculation.

Therefore, for these two causes just mentioned, it is not allowed to perform coitus interruptus with one's free wife except with her consent.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen

Fataawa al-Mar.ah

Originally posted by tHe oNe aNd OnLy:

so, let me get this str8, contraseptives are not encouraged but are acceptible if u wish to use them! right?

dude, that seems to be the consensus ...