Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

Can a fatwa solve Somalia's problems?

Muriidi   

Personally, I believe that these so called "scholars" are abusing the Islamic religion

the islamic discipline is not "abusable", religion is like alcohol and cigarettes...

no matter what fatwa or interpretation of sharia the government tries to impose...if not met with resistance...it will fail...and you will hear any president screaming for his shabaab or oliver north or whatever...

according to a u.n. survey , 70 % of somali islamic clergy would rather drink beer than listen to a speech by h.e. president sharif..

but they don't drink beer ,'cause then they wouldn't be islamic ...

that and including many other more pressing issues, like the price of shampoo and hair oil ,laundry(doobi) prices..

i still don't see why a sprite costs more than a fanta or coke in mogadishu...

what's a better retirement place for a somali ?

a seat in national parliament or a 2 room flat in quebec ?

as oday...do we want to take them to court now ?

i know in dunya , it can get boring and for some reason humans find it more and more interesting the more it goes towards jahannam..

maybe if we don't let them define us as "humans" and giving us "religions" we'll find disobeying God less attractive...

could abdullah ibn mas'ud (ridwanulahicaleh) have taken abu jahl to court ? the magnitude of his crimes could only be dealt with in the "xamaasad" of a furious battle... could abdullah ibn mas'ud (ridwanulahicaleh) have taken abu jahl to court ?

the magnitude of his crimes could only be dealt with in the "xamaasad" of a furious battle...

if you can take saddam hussein to court , then you can't be very mad at him i guess...

concerning "dacwa" the issues are too clear...even if you're in a coma , you can tell wrong from right in somalia...

to amin caamir : duqay somali ah ayaa ku heshiiyay in la sameeyo al-shabaab , "kuweygan aan faa'iidada laheyn iigu dar ,askartu xabadda ha ku baratee..."

sh. shariif : "haa...sida xamiid karsai iyo talibaankiisa...wada ciyaal loo taagwaayey...ciidamo caalami ah ha ku xabadbartaan"

--waaba bacmushtar saas ah ! --- bbc.

yaa raba inuu ku xabadbarto taliban ama shabaab ?

you don't have to be in the army...private company like blackwater will do !

---corriere della sera.

stay sharp and alert...war is unreal..so keep it real ! ---radio banadir.

i'm trying man...i'm trying...

The dogs bark while the caravan passes by

Shariif can keep barking in his tiny two blocks prison soon all of Somalia will be under the black Flag

wa so socona

Kashafa   

^^ How much ganja you willing to bet that it will ? :D

Seriously tho, I think we both know that the only thing keeping the TFG alive in the 2 square mile prison are the AMISOM tanks. Nothing else.

Now, the Sons of Somalia could even overcome and overrun the AMISOM tanks if they engage in the mass 'human wave' infantry attacks like the Soviets did in battle of Stalingrad against German armour, but that would involve massive casualties that the Mujahideen are not willing to accept.

So for now, the TFG is saved by the donated turrets of AMISOM. Sooner or later, the Ugandans will have to hightail it out, just like the Ethiopians did. Who will protect Uncle Sharif then ?

Required reading I

Required reading II

Xamar falls inshallah. And when it falls, so does the rest of Somalia. Deep down inside you know that it's a matter of time. And so does any serious observer of the Somali scene.