Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Samatar's five points for solution

One of the few true sons of Soomaaliya, Cabdi Ismaaciil Samatar, was in Koronto and Ottawa last weekend, as usual soo jeediye fikrad wanaagsan.

His five simple points he suggested Soomaaliya should led by:

• Aaminsan daryeelka ummadda Soomaaliyeed
  • Aaminsan in uu maalkiista/maalkeeda iyo waqtigiis/waqtigeeda u hurayo xoreynta Soomaaliya iyo ku dhaqanka mabaadii’da dimuqraadiyadda
  • Aaminsan qiimaha diinta Islaamka (Islamic values) iyo daryeelka qiimaha shaqsiga (respect for human dignity)
  • Aaminsan in howshaan uusan ku raadsaneyn (dhaqaale ama darajo)
  • Aaminsan ku dhaqanka caddaalada iyo ka fogaanta qabiilka
It surely makes sense and I for one completely agree with him. If more Soomaali people were that sensible.

ku dhaqanka mabaadii’da dimuqraadiyadda

Aaminsan qiimaha diinta Islaamka (Islamic values)

What a contradiction ,,,, :mad:

It really makes you look awful when you want to please both the westerns and Muslims ..... he should take one path or shut his mouth.

LABADA DHINAC MIDUUN RAAC baa la odhan jiray .....

I do not want to go to that argument, but yaa yiri dimuqraadiyad iyo Islaanimo waa isqilaafaan? Mise so-called securalism and democracy ayaa isku qaldee? There is no one version of democracy. Each nation applies at it sees fit.

Soomaalis, by nature and before they even heard this 'dimuqraadi' word, were fierce independent people. That is what Samatar has had in mind. Soomaalis were 'democratic' people since dawn, airing their grievance under geed qansax and qurac.

Soomaalis cannot be ruled by dictatorship and one person dictating as s/he sees it. We had seen that road and the result we have yet to recover from. Democracy and Islaam can be combined if it former does not contradict the latter's divine revelations. It works in Malaysia, which is barely a majority Muslim state. We can have our own unique version.

yaa yiri dimuqraadiyad iyo Islaanimo waa isqilaafaan?

Waxa tidhi culimada Islaamka ...... not me. Ask Sh. Sharif and Sh. Aweys if you don't trust anyone else.

Democracy and Islaam can be combined if it former does not contradict the latter's divine revelations

Istaqfurullah ! ! ! !

Islam and Democracy are far far glaxy from each other .... Democracy is based on the people's will right or wrong while the Islam is based on Allah's instructions even if it is against majority of the people.

How to form a government systems and management is not called democracy ...... we can give any name if we want.

Odayga afka ha ii gelin ,,, you already know what i think about him :D

what is worse when someone cannot differenciate between ISLAM and DEMOCRACY and yet hold the Professor title ?

Fabregas   

Everone knows that there wont wont be any kind of Islamic state in Somalia anytime soon. So the only solution is to embrace a democratic nation based onloose Islamic principles. Jacalybro, Somaliland claims to be a democracy whilst also claiming to make any law that doesnt comply with Islamic shariah invalid, is that also contradictory?

Fabregas   

That is not what I am disputing. Rather Somaliland claims to be a democratic state whilst also claiming to make invalid any law that goes against the Shariah, which is essentially the same thing you accused Mr Samatar of.

Gabbal   

JB, when the prophet (SCW) died and the Muslim umma came together and chose Abubukar (RA) to lead them, isn't that democracy?

Decomcracy and secularism ayaad isku qaldaysaa. Most Muslims in the motherland do not really understand what democracy is so they include it is not compatible with Islam just because the U.S evokes it all the time.

Emperor   

^War Democracy waa Xaraam ninyahow, Go and ask our knowledgeable good Muslim Scholars.

Prof Samatar kulahaa, give me a break, this man is part of the Somali problem and sides with one group, that is a well known fact, a man who supported Arta's TNF with teeth and nails praised the 4.5 formula at that time, and later when introduced to this current government have dedicated a whole lecture to denounce the very same formula, what a fart. Big time laba wajiile..

Wigad   

when you want to please both the westerns and Muslims .....

Somaliland is clearly democratic state by all means ..

So somaliland government try's to please government instead of allah and its Muslim people.

I think there was an ayat that said who ever governs with a law other than allah's was .....

dont want to sin so anybody now that ayah.

Mr. khalid bin waleed

I think your referring to Sura 5: Al-Maeda in which it is mentioned not once but actually in 3 ayas that rulers should rule with what Allah (SBW) has sent down. The ayas being:

5:44 - Surely We revealed the Taurat in which was guidance and light; with it the prophets who submitted themselves (to Allah) judged (matters) for those who were Jews, and the masters of Divine knowledge and the doctors, because they were required to guard (part) of the Book of Allah, and they were witnesses thereof; therefore fear not the people and fear Me, and do not take a small price for My communications; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the unbelievers.

5:45 - And We prescribed to them in it that life is for life, and eye for eye, and nose for nose, and ear for ear, and tooth for tooth, and (that there is) reprisal in wounds; but he who foregoes it, it shall be an expiation for him; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the unjust.

5:47 - And the followers of the Injeel should have judged by what Allah revealed in it; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the transgressors.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Wigad   

Thanks GG those were the ayats so now i can say who ever governs with a law other than that of allah they are unbeleivers, unjust, transgressors