Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Somaliland Frustrated Over Being Ignored

Liqaye   

Afrol News, 16 August - The non-recognized state Somaliland is

increasingly frustrated by the international society's focus on

re-establishing a Somali government that is to speak on its behalf.

While the Somalilander opposition speaks of canceling future talks of

a negotiated separation [ :D ], exiles call for revenge over Djibouti, said

to undermine Somaliland's recognition efforts.

Nobody disagrees that Somaliland has been an oasis of peace,

stability and development in the Horn since the British [ oNLY THE SECOND PARAGRAPH AND THE INGRIIS ALREADY GET A MENTION] ex-colony

declared its independence from chaotic Somalia - or the ex-Italian

colony - more than ten years ago. But years of lobbying and

demonstrating the viability of Somaliland has not brought the

breakaway republic any closer to international recognition. [ Intaas wax ku qaadi meysoo?]

It did however seem so. UN agencies operate from Hargeisa,

Somaliland's capital, not from Mogadishu, and they formally cooperate

with Somaliland authorities. Several European government agencies

have negotiated development programmed with Hargeisa. Western troops

cooperate with Somaliland authorities in the "war against terrorism" [The arrest of somali freedom fighters in region 5 ethiopia and chasing your tales over dead westerners is truly a magnificent contribution]

British MPs call for the recognition of the republic. [ Brother sophist burst that bubble]

These days, Somalilanders are waking up to a blue Monday. The Somali

peace negotiations show signs of optimism and a new warlords'

coalition government in Mogadishu may be in the making. The

international community is overbidding itself in support messages,

hoping to end the lawless conditions in Somalia. Somaliland is

suddenly forgotten.[ :D ]

Following its doctrine that Somaliland is not part of Somalia - as

the British ex-colony [ 2nd MENTION OF INGRIIS BAANA HUUKUMIJIRAY] legingly was in its full right to dissolve

its union with former Italian Somalia - Hargeisa has not wanted to

send representatives to the inter-Somali peace talks. After all, it

is an internal Somali event, Somalilanders hold.[ OH BROTHER, DOUBLE SPEAK ALA 1984]

Nevertheless, representatives from "Somalia's Awdal, Woqooyi,

Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag provinces" - also know as Somaliland - have

participated in the Mbagathi peace talks, aiming at creating a

unified Somali government. According to Somalilanders, these

representatives are either traitors or appointed by the government of

neighboring Djibouti [ :confused: WHICH DOES NOT MAKE THEM TRAITORS] In any case, they do not represent Somaliland,

all agree.

As the Mbagathi peace talks start showing results, these "traitors"

nevertheless suddenly pose a risk to Somaliland. If a new Somali

government is to be formed, recognized by the international community

and let represent Somalia in the UN, it will formally also represent

Somaliland. The search for international recognition will be set back

years. [ No Edna Egal did that for you a long while back]

Thus, these sudden events have caused strong reactions among

Somalilanders. "The degree of rush in pledging support for the

would-be government of Somalia, has even surprised the warlords

assembled at Mbagathi to the extent that every one of them ... is

already contemplating the best plans for having the largest piece of

the cake for himself through either extortion or outright looting,"

comments the Hargeisa-based 'Somaliland Times' in a front page

article.

The Somalilander opposition party, Kulmiye, reacted by saying it

would no longer support the idea of holding talks formal with Somalia

over the spilt-up of the 1960 Somali union. The new Kulmiye position

is expected to put pressure on President Dahir Rayale Kahin's

government to either follow suit or take a tougher stance.

[ tougher stance to what, there shall be no negotiations with a somaliland entity but rather with the civic military leadership of difrrent regions in north-western somalia]

Others call for more offensive action for President Rayale to meet

the new "times of danger" [ Reminds me of paltalk and his airpower war] 'Somaliland Times'). A much circulated

article by Somalilander expatriate Farah Ali Jama suggests several

ways of getting back on Djibouti, "our number one enemy." As Djibouti

undermines Somaliland, Hargeisa should peacefully undermine

Djibouti's economy by attracting Ethiopian trade, the popular article

proposes.

While many Somalilanders tend to be radicalized by the apparent

setback, others however warn that the unrecognized country now needs

to keep its mind cool as the new Somali government will fail in any

case. "An unkempt decision with an intention of 'controversy' ...

could not only backfire but can be deadly," warns Mowliid Magare.

Even if the new Somali government will be hyped up by Western donors,

it will not be able to create peace, stability and democracy in

Somalia, critics hold. Although it may take time to wait for such a

failure, yet another failed Somali government could only strengthen

Somaliland's quest for international recognition. No one in

Somaliland dears think about the possibility of a successful

Mogadishu government.

[ xaasiid xaasiid dalay]

By staff writer.

Gabbal   

Nevertheless, representatives from "Somalia's Awdal, Woqooyi,

Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag provinces" - also know as Somaliland - have

participated in the Mbagathi peace talks, aiming at creating a

unified Somali government. According to Somalilanders, these

representatives are either traitors

Uhm excuse me, but no one recognizes "Somaliland", not world, nor Somalis.

Besides no one is sitting there for a certain region or "state". All participants are based on clan, and the clans of waqoyi galbeed are represented.

It's like refusing a candy, then someone else getting it and you saying that's not the person you wanted it given to. :confused:

Inshallah this government is poised to succeed, may Allah help it.

Liqaye   

WD if you only knew who our repreentative and high commisioner in hargeisa is. ;)

Mr. Riyale has done more for the cause of somali unity by exposing the alliance of intrest that presumes to call it's feifdom a nation, than even our fomer prime-minister Egal :D .

Add a foreign minister who compares only with Goebells in terms of bombast, and we have got a group looking for an exit strategy, including becoming region 6 of ethiopia or/and comparing themselves for ever to a lawless somalia.

Mon dieu what some people will do for recognition uptill and including wanting a national peace process to fail.

Pathetic

I dont understand this childish need to ignore reality.

Somaliland is free and independent, and a fully functioning state.

Its also a nation that was forged in war, the war of liberation 1980-90.

It doesnt matter how long it takes for recognition

its not the holy grail, frankly i dont give a damn.

You call us the ones with uqdaad and traitors, but you are the ones causing grater insult by calling us the North West somalia.

Keep dreaming and wishing but burying your heads in the sand like an Ostrich will not make somaliland disappear.

Somaliland exists because its people want it to exist we dont need your aproval, or the worlds approval.

And you have no options either, those bunch of mercenaries actually mercenaries are honourable a better name would be political prostitutes, that you have in Kenya do not represent anything to us at all.

Why cant you stop hallucinating, and concentrate on building a real country, not one that exists on paper.

We dont exist on paper but we are physically real that is the difference.

When i said you dont have any options i also meant

force.

If the SNA couldnt put us down , what would a rag tag collection mooryan and child soldiers do to us.

We would not even bat an eylid.

Nor do the aids infected monkeys(AU Peacekeepers) that you are begging to bring in ,present any threat.

Wish you all the best but when this TNG part2 goes down the drain , Somaliland will be recognised 14 peaceconferences is enough for the world to take.

If the TNG part2 manages to mmiraculously last for more than a few months and beggins to bark at Somaliland then bring it on.

LANDER   

Liqaye,

One suggestion. You might want to leave your childish comments out of the article and write them at them bottom of the page, unless your clear intention is to twist the words of the article of course.

On this article though, I don’t see the mentioning of any relevant new information. Yes, the Djibouti government and its president Guelleh should be considered enemies of Somaliland by all means and yes, the gathering of warlords in Kenya will always try to undermine Somaliland by hiring some traitors with the promise of great political power.

You talk of xaasidnimo and yet I see liqaye snickering at the mention of non-recognition for Somaliland in every article, did you ever stop to think how hypocritical you sound?

I personally would like the peace conference in Kenya to succeed for the simple reason that it could potentially bring much needed peace and stability in Somalia. Even though the political process has its shortcomings including the appointment of mass murderers such as Morgan, the people deserve it and I would never seriously make a mockery of their hopes and aspirations. The other reason being that I don’t see it necessarily conflicting with Somaliland’s interest, we have come this far without other Somalis having any effect on the peace and stability enjoyed in Somaliland and I don’t see why things should change. Addow, one of the presidential hopefuls has said some positive comments in regards to future talks with Somaliland, but I think the single gravest mistake this upcoming government can make is to pretend to represent Somaliland. As long as it continues to do that, I cannot even picture any negotiations or at least that is my personal opinion on how matters should be handled. Now that the Kulmiye party has taken a tougher stance regarding this issue I expect Riiyaale to follow a similar path.

You all go the idea here,

somaliland is almost at the point of desperresion and not but a reconition could solve their proplem,

You see things cant just happen,they only happen for a reason, and the intergeration of somaliland to saomalia is about time,

Somaliland never had any reconcible goverment nevertheless a prominent one,

Somalia should only be one, with one flag and one toungue,

through the years somalia has proven itself to be the strongest nation by heart because no nation could survive a downfall like that.

Liqaye   

What a dissconnection with reality we have here.

I dont understand this childish need to ignore reality.

Say the northerners then continue with:

Somaliland is free and independent, and a fully functioning state

That is a class act in antipodal reasoning.

Liqaye,

One suggestion. You might want to leave your childish comments out of the article and write them at them bottom of the page, unless your clear intention is to twist the words of the article of course.

Brother lander an article as twisted and bereft of original thinking such as the one written above needs neither childish comments from me or convoluted reasoning from you and other norther's to clearly state the fundamental premise of somaliland foreign diploamcy namely that somaliland deserves recognition in the face of chaotic somalia.

You talk of xaasidnimo and yet I see liqaye snickering at the mention of non-recognition for Somaliland in every article, did you ever stop to think how hypocritical you sound?

Firstly I never snicker perhaps display suppressed amusement but snickering is a no no, also there is nothing hypocritical about my stand I donot beleive in this phantasm that you call somaliland, and neither it would seem does the international community, a message that has been blowing like a claxon in the ears of all "somalilanders" in the west for the past 14 years.

Also put simply a legitimate goverment of somalia, will exist a representative one on the other hand is what frightens you lot the most.

But atleast the politico's have learnt a thing or two from ethiopia, an age old attribute they are very famous for xasidniimo.

"A starving ethiopian child in addis is closer to me than a starving child in mogadishu"

One of the warabeyal.

Ku gowraac.

"A starving ethiopian child in addis is closer to me than a starving child in mogadishu"

A Somali said that, oh my what has the world come to :mad:

Liqiya, bravo, bravo ;)

AYOUB   

Hornafrique:

Besides no one is sitting there for a certain region or "state". All participants are based on clan, and the clans of waqoyi galbeed are represented.

Would you like to tell us who represents your clan then? Is it Jaamac Barre or Barre Hiiraale?

Matee, I do not recognise the so-called 'peace process' in another foreign country and my clan's Sultaan does not recognise it either and how can you even claim "clans of waqoyi galbeed are represented" .? How can people from London, chosen by non-Somalis in Kenya, be representetives of people Somaliland? I'M not surprised by your claims, after all, aren't you the person who you to make same rubbish claims about the Arta faction?

SmithNwestern

Liqiya, bravo, bravo

SmithNwestern

Liqiye, well said brother.

A few knocks in the Jubbada Hoose region and someone seem to be slightly overwhemled by the re-apprearence of Liqaaye. :D:D Whats with all this "well said" "Liqaya bravo" "Thats the spot Liqaye" :D:D

A few knocks in the Jubbada Hoose region and someone seem to be slightly overwhemled by the re-apprearence of Liqaaye

Whats Juba got to do with it?

Can't two Somali brothers agree on how idiotic Somaliland is? :D

Can't two Somali brothers agree on how idiotic Somaliland is?

Is it the people who had build a nation out of ashes without a penny from international community, or is it warlords who after 14 years and billions of dollars from the international community, still fighting over for what little is left of the destroyed?

I think the outside world can attest to who is the idiotic.

AYOUB   

^^Hear Hear!

Smith

This week you seem to be more humble than your usual pompous self - especially when Adeero Morgan's malitia was matching towards Kismaayo. ;):D From here, you seem to nodding to every comment Liqaaye makes and your gestures seem a wee bit exaggerated. :D Another week of spanking down there and who knows, maybe goood old Smith will be shouting "Barre Hiraale for President!".

WD

Are you talking about the little old men who are kicking lumps out of each other in the Nairobi 'parliament'? Please don't tell me it was your 'MP' who got his lights turned off with a left hook. :D How dare compare my Suldaan to these morons?

Suldanka, you are not the only ones who built houses, telephone lines, schools and universities without a penny.

The people of Puntland [same size as Somaliland]did this, those in Jowhar, Bledweyne did this and most of the decent hard working people of Mogadishu did this.

Yes we have warlords, you have Riiyaale Kahin a man who gets 500,000.00 dollars a year, while red nose day is raises money for Hargaysa hospital.

You have Ambasador Awil and others who dont know what happened to the bugdet. You have Edna who has a Djabouti passport and is your foreign minister.

You are run By Ismael Omar Gulleh, you dont control 1/2 of the Somaliland beacuse we Puntland Somali's do. Your army is a Joke, your leaders are are a joke.

Dont make me laugh, your country does not exist mine does, your flag is not recognised mine is and I dont belive I am an orphan of her Majesty EII. :D