Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

a powerful poem by shaykhul-islaam !

"When you wish to be pleased with a madhhab for yourself

By which you will obtain nearness and safety from the Fire

Then make devotion with the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah That has come from the Messenger of Allaah from the Narrations of the best(companions)!

And leave alone the religion of ar-Rafida and al-Bida' (innovations)

Which leads its caller to the Fire and to destitution

But traverse behind the Companions of the Messenger

For they are stars of guidance by whose light the traveller guides himself

And depart from the path of ar-Rafd

For it is founded upon disbelief, upon an undermined cliff

There are only two paths, either guidance and happiness

Or wretchedness alongside the misguidance of the Kuffaar

So which of our two parties are more worthy of His safety

And more guided in the path when the Creator will judge

Is it the one who reviles the Companions, and opposes The Book and does not care for the affirmation of narrations

Or the one who guides himself with the Revelation

Who traverses upon the manhaj of the Sahaabah

Along with the love of the purified near ones"

at the end of this article: http://salafipublications.com/sps/downloads/pdf/GSC030003.pdf

Question and answer by SHaykh Ibn Taymiyyah!

Qac Qaac   

salafi question.. if ibn taymiyah is shiikhul islam...

what would abu hanifah, imam malik, imam ahmed, shafici.. bukhari, muslim. and many more be.. i guess cubed or squared right...

pls let's not give the scholars titles.. coz now it would become like sport.. who is better and comparing would start.. just my opinion..

Salaam,

What everyone needs to remember is that the four mujtahid imams did their very best to follow the Qur'an and sunnah. They were extremely devoted to obeying the commands of Allah (swt) and following the example of the Prophet (saw). Some of the mujtahid imams (Abu Hanifa and Malik for example) were tabi'een, who had direct contact with the salaf.

Basically, modern-day salafis claim that they know how to better follow sunnah than the mujtahid imams--even though the four imams lived closer in time to the salaf, and were far more intelligent and qualified. All were hufaz al-Qur'an, and had memorized hundreds of thousands of hadith. Abu Hanifah once stayed on one wudu for three days straight! Imam Shafi'i would recite the entire Qur'an from memory *twice* every day of Ramadan. They were extremely pious, and absolute geniuses of fiqh.

The salafis choose to follow modern day reformer (more like innovator, despite what they claim) scholars who are far less qualified. Bin Baaz and Albani possess about 1/100 (or less) of the scholarly ability of Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafi'i, or Ahmad ibn Hanbal.

The question is not to "follow the Qur'an and Sunnah alone" or "follow a madhab"--rather it's a choice between following a traditional, extremely brilliant, recognized mujtahid scholar, with a direct link to the salaf, or following a far-less-qualified, modern-day scholar. The choice is pretty easy if you ask me.

A madhab is merely a systematic implementation of the Qur'an and sunnah. One follows a madhab in order to most accurately follow the Qur'an and sunnah.

I'm OK with Wahabbi/Deobandi/Salafis and all, many are great bros in the deen, but really their methodology is far less valid than any of the four madhabs.

What everyone needs to remember is that the four mujtahid imams did their very best to follow the Qur'an and sunnah. They were extremely devoted to obeying the commands of Allah (swt) and following the example of the Prophet (saw). Some of the mujtahid imams (Abu Hanifa and Malik for example) were tabi'een, who had direct contact with the salaf.

The 4 imams are they not from the Salaf? I believe they are! What is a modern day salafi? Are they not those who follows the manhaj of the Salaf us SaliX, does this not include the 4 imams?!?

Basically, modern-day salafis claim that they know how to better follow sunnah than the mujtahid imams--even though the four imams lived closer in time to the salaf, and were far more intelligent and qualified. All were hufaz al-Qur'an, and had memorized hundreds of thousands of hadith. Abu Hanifah once stayed on one wudu for three days straight! Imam Shafi'i would recite the entire Qur'an from memory *twice* every day of Ramadan. They were extremely pious, and absolute geniuses of fiqh.

No truth in such statement, Rather salafis do not claim they knows better then the 4 imams, Rather they says “its Obligatory for the muslims to follow the Salaf, this includes the 4 imams, who are from the salaf us Salih “

The question is not to "follow the Qur'an and Sunnah alone" or "follow a madhab"--rather it's a choice between following a traditional, extremely brilliant, recognized mujtahid scholar, with a direct link to the salaf, or following a far-less-qualified, modern-day scholar. The choice is pretty easy if you ask me.

Mashallah brother, are the modern day salafies following the quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us Salih ! isn this not the definition of a salafi? and isnt this exactly what a modern day salafi scholar calling to?

A madhab is merely a systematic implementation of the Qur'an and sunnah. One follows a madhab in order to most accurately follow the Qur'an and sunnah.

Well the Salafis follow the madhab of the Salaf us Salih! this includes the people before Abu Hanifah and those after the 4 imams, until the end of the 3rd generation!

I'm OK with Wahabbi/Deobandi/Salafis and all, many are great bros in the deen, but really their methodology is far less valid than any of the four madhabs.

So the minhaj of the Salaf us Salih is far less valid then the 4 imams who are from the salaf ?!??

Mash'allah abdullahi well said bro..

Qac Qac Mashallah to what?!?

sahal   

The 4 imams are they not from the Salaf? I believe they are! What is a modern day salafi? Are they not those who follows the manhaj of the Salaf us SaliX, does this not include the 4 imams?!?

If your claim is true and you believe that 4 IMAMAM'S are among the SALAF why does your group prevent Muslims to follow one of the 4 IMAMAS who ALL lived in the first 3 century of ISLAM and prefer them to follow 14-15th century IMAMAS?

SALAF why does your group prevent Muslims to follow one of the 4 IMAMAS who ALL lived in the first 3 century of ISLAM and prefer them to follow 14-15th century IMAMAS?

from someone who studied with the student of Bin Baaz you should know the answer my dear brother!

Following one of the 4 imams is absurd, how can you take you whole religion from ONe man?!? The Salafi REJECT Taqleed(BLIND FOLLOWING), this Saying "im Haneefi", meaning he does not take from the other 4 imams, there is no bases to such practice, Not only do they take from this one imam, but they take from him even when the imam's speech contradicts the sunnah! HOWEVER MR SAHAL THE MUSLIM SHOULD FOLLOW ALL OF THE 4 IMAMS, THEY SHOULD NOT BE SELECTIVE, SAYING" IM A SHAF'EEE" OR IM A "HANBALI" NO RATHER they should SAY "IM A SALAFI", meaning " I FOLLOW ALL OF THEM,AND THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE THEM, AND THOSE WHO CAME AFTER THEM"

FUTHER MORE WE TAKE FROM THE IMAMS THAT WHICH IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE QURAN AND THE SUNNAH, AND WHEN IN TERMS OF IJTIHAD, OR A DIFFERENCES OF OPINION, YOU MUST LOOK AT THE PROVES PROVIDED BY THE 4 IMAMS, NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOU MUST ALSO LOOK AT THE OTHER SALAF, AND THEIR PROVES, AND WHEN IT COMES TO DIFFERENCE OF OPINION DUE TO IJTIHAD, WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE MOST LEARNED OF THE SALAF, SO WE LOOK AT THE WORKS OF THE COMPANIONS FIRST, THEN THOSE WHO FOLLOWED SECOND, THEN THOSE WHO CAME AFTER THEM! HOWEVER PEOPLE NOW A DAYS JUST SAY IM SHAF'EE AND THEY HAVE NEVER READ A SIGNLE BOOK OF IMAM SHAFE'EE, NOR HAVE THEY EVEN LOOKED AT WHAT THE OTHER IMAM'S OPINIONS ARE!

PLUS THERE'S MORE THEN 4 MADHABS, WHY DO U LIMITED TO 4? WHAT ABOUT SUFYAN ATHARI, OR ABDURRAMAN AL'AWZA'EE, OR ABU LAYTH...ECT

sahal   

I don't know how you were taught the ISLAMIC LAW, but we're taught as follow:

The ULUMA divided the MUSLIM population into 3 categories.

1. Mass population (CAAMATA NAAS) who do not have dep knowldege in FIQH and AXKAAM LAWS, and they're the majority of MUSLIM population this category could simply say i'm shafici, xanafi, xanbali, maliki etc. since they will confuse if you teached them new FIQH rules .

2. The students of knowldege (TULAABUL ILM) can compare and contrast between the 4 MADAHIBS and the rest of ULUMA'S opinion in a disputed areas.

3. ULUMA and MUJTAHIDIIN could issue FATWAS about the FIQH and disputed areas.

This is what we've learned and this is the way that can keep the UNITY of MUSLIMUUN not to force others to your MADHAB in the areas where even our SALAF were disputed.

To return your answer:

Following one of the 4 imams is absurd, how can you take you whole religion from ONe man?!?

you may call them ONE man but they were UMMAH (NATION), and you'll recognize this if you read their SEERAH.

The Salafi REJECT Taqleed(BLIND FOLLOWING), this Saying "im Haneefi",

as long as you salafi and not say salaf it's internal affair.

HOWEVER MR SAHAL THE MUSLIM SHOULD FOLLOW ALL OF THE 4 IMAMS, THEY SHOULD NOT BE SELECTIVE, SAYING" IM A SHAF'EEE" OR IM A "HANBALI"

Who would say this; a simple MUSLIM like me or Student of knowldege or Scholar or all of them?

are we more educated than many big scholars whose Surnames were SHAAFICI, XANBALI. MAALIKI, XANAFI.

NO RATHER they should SAY "IM A SALAFI", meaning " I FOLLOW ALL OF THEM,AND THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE THEM, AND THOSE WHO CAME AFTER THEM"

Do BUKHARI, MUSLIM, CASQALAANI, NAWAWI, IBN-RAJAB, IBN-RUSHDI, IBN KATHIIR, SUBKI, IBN QAYIM, IBN TAYMIYAH and many other noble ULUMA called themselves as SALAFI or this word was innovated in the 15th century?

FUTHER MORE WE TAKE FROM THE IMAMS THAT WHICH IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE QURAN AND THE SUNNAH, AND WHEN IN TERMS OF IJTIHAD, OR A DIFFERENCES OF OPINION, YOU MUST LOOK AT THE PROVES PROVIDED BY THE 4 IMAMS, NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOU MUST ALSO LOOK AT THE OTHER SALAF, AND THEIR PROVES, AND WHEN IT COMES TO DIFFERENCE OF OPINION DUE TO IJTIHAD, WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE MOST LEARNED OF THE SALAF, SO WE LOOK AT THE WORKS OF THE COMPANIONS FIRST, THEN THOSE WHO FOLLOWED SECOND, THEN THOSE WHO CAME AFTER THEM! HOWEVER PEOPLE NOW A DAYS JUST SAY IM SHAF'EE AND THEY HAVE NEVER READ A SIGNLE BOOK OF IMAM SHAFE'EE, NOR HAVE THEY EVEN LOOKED AT WHAT THE OTHER IMAM'S OPINIONS ARE!

Who can look all these evidences simple MUSLIM or ULUMA?

PLUS THERE'S MORE THEN 4 MADHABS, WHY DO U LIMITED TO 4? WHAT ABOUT SUFYAN ATHARI, OR ABDURRAMAN AL'AWZA'EE, OR ABU LAYTH...ECT

I haven't limited but all the MUSLIMS are agreed upon these 4 madhabas and I never heard there are more than 4 MADHABS in ISLAM.

Do you want to create more differences than we're now? :confused: