Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

US. African Chamber of Commerce says Give me a break!

USACC to the UN: 'Give Me A Break - Somali People Can Solve their Own Problems'

The USACC is the leading advocacy organization for U.S. African relations and emerging African markets.

Washington, DC (Vocus) June 5, 2009 -- The U.S. African Chamber of Commerce asked the U.N. to "stop creating more political misery and instability in Somalia for their fund-raising game and UN job creation."

"Who is running this country, Somali people or Ahmed Ould-Abdallah reintroducing the Somali Warlords again? Give me a break," said Martin Mohammed, President of the U.S. African Chamber of Commerce.

Former Somali senior military officials will convene on the 4 and 5 of June in Washington DC at a meeting organized by the United Nations Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS) under the auspices of the Somali Ministry of Defence.

The meeting will serve as a preparatory forum that will solicit support and participation from prominent Somali military leaders with follow-up meetings expected to be held in late July.

In keeping with the Djibouti Agreement and the Government's commitment to build up security institutions, the meeting will look at the structures of Somalia's military before the collapse of the state and the best ways to address the current and future security needs.

"We are expecting this to be the first of several fruitful meetings," UN Special Representative for Somalia Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah said. "The senior military officials that will participate in this meeting are respected for their past professional experience during a period in Somalia's history when it was called upon to help train soldiers from other African nations."

During the meeting, the participants will discuss best practices and the way forward for security sector development.

"This is a great opportunity for Somalis to find within their past some solutions to their future," Mr. Ould-Abdallah said.

The USACC is the leading advocacy organization for U.S. African relations and emerging African markets. The USACC is the umbrella organization for African chambers of commerce and professional trade and business associations throughout the United States and abroad

###

U.S. African Chamber of Commerce

Martin Mohammed

202-465-0778

juma-nne   

If I am not wrong the same entity calling for the recognition of Somaliland in some other blog or news article. And who is this martin Mohamed a unique name indeed.

I dont know about the somaliland article but I know the guy came to the states in 1998 and became the head of the US-African Chamber of Commerce, and use to be to governor of the Somali Commercial Bank back in the days.

Here's the source