Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

The Excellence of remembrance...

Alhamdulillaahi rabil-'aalameen, was-salaatu was-salaamu 'ala nabeeyinaa muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa ashaabihi wa man tabi'ahum bi ihsaanin ila yawmid-deen, amma b'ad

Salaamu 3laikum ya ikhwa,

Allah Ta'ala has said in the translation of the interpretation of the meanings of the Quran:

" Fadkuriini adkur kum washkuruu lii wa laa takfuruun." (Al Baqara,152)

" Therefore remember Me, I will remember you and be grateful to Me, and reject not faith."

" Yaa ayuhal ladiina aamanuu adkuruu Allaha dikran kathiira" (Al-Ahzaab,41)

" O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance."

The Prophet (SAW) said: " The comparison of the one who remembers Allah and the one who does not remember Allah, is like that of the living and the dead." (Al Bukhari)

The Prophet (SAW) said: " Allah tacaala says 'Indeed I am as My servant presumes Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me, so if he remembers Me to himself I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers Me amongst a company I remember him amongst a company greater than it and if he draws near to Me the span of a hand I draw near to him the span of an arm, and if he draws near to Me the span of an arm I draw near to him the span of two outstretched arms, and if he takes a step towards Me I hastily step towards to him'" (Al Bukhari and Al Muslim)

W/Salaam

I fear that alot of our fellow somali ppl are like those who stradle between remberence and no remberence at alone. That would certainly explain the ease to which we can get up to anythin and everything as somali's (are we alive or dead?).

peace out brother Mujahid