Sign in to follow this  
Haddad

Islam in Ethiopia: Pictures

Modesty   

Masha'Allah, it's so beautiful to see muslims all over the world. I hope Islam takes over the world! ameen. Btw, are these people oromo or Amharic, and which city in Ethiopia is this?

Haddad   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Btw, are these people oromo or Amharic, and which city in Ethiopia is this?

I would say some are Amharic. A few look like Somalis; have you noticed? The images are located at various sites. Image #13 is the mosque of Tiru Sina, in Wello. Image #23 is the Anwar Mosque, in Addis Ababa.

Who didn't see ISLAM in RWANDA and other African countries..It is in Australia, Latin America and almost in all parts of the world..

Allah said..IN SURATUL SAFF..holy Quraan chapter.

"

8 Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse."

"

9 He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse."

Muhammad   

MashaAllah, amazing pictures, jazakallah khair akhi Haddad.

shhh... here is a hidden secret that some don't want you to know;

Muslims are the majority in Ethiopia and Tanzania!

Tanzania:

mainland: Christian 30%, Muslim 35%(+ Zanzibar 99% Muslim), indigenous beliefs 35%

Ethiopia: Muslim 45%-50%, Ethiopian Orthodox 35%-40%, animist 12%, other 3%-8%

sources - world almanac, cia factbook.

and soon insh'Allah the whole of east africa...africa....the globe! :D

Allah is great - __.._S | q__|____| |

LANDER   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Masha'Allah, it's so beautiful to see muslims all over the world. I hope Islam takes over the world! ameen. Btw, are these people oromo or Amharic, and which city in Ethiopia is this?

The great majority of the muslims of Ethiopia are Oromo. There are Oromo christians but I would say 90% of those you run into are Muslim. It's a pity these are the very same people some somalis consider mortal enemies for political reasons mostly. Even the ethiopian Christians should not be considered enemies, after all it was an abyssinian king that gave refuge to the saxaba and told them they could stay in Abyssinia as long as they pleased and let them even speak about their religion. In their time of most desperate need, it was christians (abyssinians-ethiopians) who helped the muslims. What a pity, all of that has long been forgoten due to centuries of religions wars started by imperiliastic and religiously zealous leaders on both sides.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Salax u diin:

Ethiopia: Muslim 45%-50%, Ethiopian Orthodox 35%-40%, animist 12%, other 3%-8%

Interesting. Ethiopia's population is close to 70 millions, meaning over 30 millions are Muslims. That would mean triple Somalia's population.

salamah

marshallah, so many muslim's, and i here all there stories about mis-treatment of muslim's there because they are a minority!! :confused:

the prophet (PUBH) said at the end of time, islam will enter every household;

maca salamah

Haddad   

Originally posted by amatillah:

harar2.gif

Is that in Harar? I plan to visit one day Harar and Qalafe (two important Islamic cities), insh'Allah.