Sign in to follow this  
A New Born

Time for a new Prime minster ?

Since the vague federal charter of Somalia forces A/Yousuf to pick a PM from another Clan for the sake of power sharing .

Mr Gheedi was choosen for several reasons.

A/Yousuf took his time to pick a PM and his choice was more influenced by Ethiopia.

He´d ignored a wise gesture from the EU and the US to pick someone from the Somali Solvation Alliance , a counterpart to the SSRC, for the sake of a balanced power sharing.

The most obvious reason Mr Gheedi was picked was that he belongs to one of the powerful clans who control Mogadishu.

The most respected n powerful leader in Mogadishu has spoken " Gheedi is a puppet"

Muse Sudi

Muuse , Ato , Qanyare,Finish and Aideed have lost faith in Ghedi , he get to go.

[blink]

The share of the power the H Clan is entitled to

can ONLY be left with a persona who can grantee

and safeguard the previliges n well beeing of the H clan, as well as the intrest of Somalia.

[/blink]

Gabbal   

Haaji Muuse Suudi al-Yalaxow doesn't have the power to demote the promoted Vet my friend.

The only thing he can do is cause enough ruckus in Parliament to get a majority "No Confidence" vote for the said Prime Minister.

Let's see:

OPTION A - PM Ghedi - professor of vetenary science, even before Somalia political downfall. Therefore, a noted and important member of civil Somali society.

OPTION B - Commerce Minister al-Xaaji Calasow - illiterate limo driver before the war; brutal warlord during the war

In a civilized society, the obvious choice would be Ghedi. An important question to ask is: what kind of society would support Option B?

I think the selection of PM Ghedi - an educated brother - was a wise choice that already balanced power in this TFG. The president hails from the warlord/military wing of Somali politics while the PM hails from civil society. What other balance does one need?

JB (and like-minded individuals)

Wake up and smell the coffee. The BBC interview al-Xaaji Calasow gave about the future of the Somali presidency (which stated that only members from his clan-family are entitled to leadership - and made him folklore hero) was false. Its not the Qur'an. Its the words of a warlord who - to this day - has yet to do a single, constructive thing for Somalia or Somalis as a whole. I know men like JB who hide under the facade of anti-foreign forces blah blah. In essence, y'all still mad your beloved idols are not holding the top post - as predicted by your famed leader al-Xaaji Calasow. Political failure after political failure - that's been the past of the defunct USC and its future. Too bad PM Ghedi enjoys plenty of support from Somalia's civil society (me included). I think he's the balance that's keeping this government afloat - for Col Yeey alone would spell disaster.

Muusa Suudi Yalaxoow Kuusoow

" “Cali Maxamed Geeddi wuxuu lahayste u yahay C/llaahi Yuusufâ€ayuu yiri Xaaji Muuse Suudi oo ka hadlayay Siyaasadaha Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya Cali Maxamed Geeddi. "

Bal ilaah baan idunku dhaarshay nin siyaasi ah saas ma uhadli lahaa.Walaahi he needs to be school. ather statment he made muuse was "arey D****** clan kab kaweeyn gashtay. :D

I have no dout that J B :D speaks ploticaly better then muuse look at his statment above. Since he came with brian or the way in this post he lay down the reason why we need to replace PM Geed.

God thinking JB icon_razz.gif Jost Joke.

OPTION A - PM Ghedi - professor of vetenary science, even before Somalia political downfall. Therefore, a noted and important member of civil Somali society.

OPTION B - Commerce Minister al-Xaaji Calasow - illiterate limo driver before the war; brutal warlord during the war

Nuff said ... :D

Well.. there we go again !!

Jumping to the conclussion that

"Muse should replace Ghedi"

is way too childish ,, come on guyz.

The Issue is NOT a replacement of Ghedi by Muse.

the ISSUE is Ghedi beeing untrust-worthy among the people he represent.

Now .. does that ring a bell?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by J B:

the ISSUE is Ghedi beeing untrust-worthy among the people he represent.

Now .. does that ring a bell?
[/b]

No it doesnt sxb, cause he is trusted by the people he does not represent.

Does that tell you anything..?

Emperor   

Juma

No it doesnt sxb, cause he is trusted by the people he does not represent.

people he doesn't represent?????????? Do u mean the prime minister of Somalia does not represent people like Duke, Wind and their clan. What a comment!! Do you mind if I say this was a clear tribilistic comment.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Qorshel:

Do you mind if I say this was a clear tribilistic comment.

No I dont mind infact I would say you are spot on..

36_1_11.gif

Emperor   

:D:D:D , with no hesitation at all, guts you have are as great as you can be a good reps of the clan you hail, I must say. Thumps Up bro

I really like your courage and honesty. It isn'nt a joke, when I say you are one of few SOL members that I really enjoy their input.. on to the point.

It's good see you around.

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

cause he is trusted by the people he does not represent. Does that tell you anything..?

Somali Prime Minister Mohamed A Ghedi represents me because, in the larger context of the international community, he is the de facto 'Somali' PM. Secondly, he's one of the few Somali politicians of today who don't have Somali blood on their hands. For that, I support him.

Maybe you'd want him to represent Guriceel/S.Galkacyo folks who oppress the unarmed civilians of Baraawe, no? Like Mohamed Dheere said - power in Muqdisho belongs to the dominant clan, not the refugees who fled Hobyo in the Gen. Aideed (alaha u naxaristo) era!

Originally posted by wind.talker:

Somali Prime Minister Mohamed A Ghedi represents me because, ..... Secondly, he's one of the few Somali politicians of today who don't have Somali blood on their hands. For that, I support him.

lo0000000ol ... what a logic !!

Son, i wish you could say da same about the Exiled President.

Did i heard ya right? are u saying that Ghedi represents PART of the H Clan ?

Now let us turn that around and face the FACT that it´s Colonel Yeey who represents part and forcefully whole you ,NOT Ghedi.

For how long will you keep on having a victim mentality? even when you´re supposed to be a leader , still you can´t recover from the scars left by the late General.(alahu u naxaristo)

You seem to be forgetting that Ghedi belongs to the ppl of Guriceel and south Galcaio just as much as he belongs to the ppl of Ceel dheer.

As for Mogadishu,Merca, Brava, Kismayo etc etc are in the hands of it´s own rightful ppl, No more Fishermen from Northeast to be resettled.

The north Galcaio checkpoint is the last spot for malnurished fishermen n tit-less chicks to head south.( no hard feelings,my own girlfreind is from there ;) ).

Liqaye   

^^^that was not necccesary.

It is intreasting how people on somaliaonline have become such experts on clan politics before we used to talk about monoliths, now the clan "from guriceel to whereever" is the number one enemy.

I wont go into that but i think that in the end the only thing that will ensure the survival of the somali peace process is equitable development, and visionary leadership, unfortunately it seems that Cabdullahi Yusuf are refering BACK to the worn out nostrums, of demonisation and caricaturing of certain clans.

In the end that was what destroyed somalia.

The warlords who oppose Geedi if he had or had not been from banadiir would still have been suprised to find a non-combatant intellectual amongst their midst, and in the end a breaking of the assumptions was what was needed in somali politics.

The federal charter states clearly that the Prime-minister is the executive, and in that sense Geedi is still finding his flow, hopefully this preiod of learning will end soon because, he has set out neither bold propositions or helped to break any other assumptions in somalia politics.

Common wisdom dismisses him as kobeqade he has the oppurtunity to change that assumption positively by setting out his policies and realising his responsibilities.

Simpo.Ize

Originally posted by J B:

The north Galcaio checkpoint is the last spot for malnurished fishermen n tit-less chicks to head south.( no hard feelings,my own girlfreind is from there
;)
)

Um, does your girlfriend have a big butt? I mean, I know FOR SURE you lack the intellect to carry on a proper adult conversation, so I'm wondering if you AT LEAST have good taste in women. Let me know.. ;)