Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Facts about Eritria... christan + Muslim

Eritrea Religion

180px-

Enda Mariam Orthodox Church, Roman Catholic Cathedral, Al Khulafa Al Rashiudin Mosque (in the foreground, rear left, and rear right respectively)

Eritrea has two dominant religions, Christianity and Islam, which each account for roughly half the population. :eek: The Christians consist primarily of the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church, which is the local Oriental Orthodox church, but small groups of Roman Catholics, Protestants, and other denominations also exist, while the Muslims predominantly follow Sunni Islam.

The Eritrean Orthodox Church was granted autocephaly in 1993 by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church when Eritrea became independent, and, in 1998 the Archbishop of Asmara, the capital, was elevated to the rank of patriarchate. :eek:

A Muslim country it is not...

Isaias Afewerki (born 2 February 1945) is the first president of Eritrea.

300px-Rumsfeld_Isaias_Afewerki.jpg

Born into a prominent Eritrean family of the Hamasien Latos (Judaic-Christian) aristocracy, :eek: Isaias Afewerki was the nephew of Dejazmatch Solomon, who served as the administrator of Wollo province for Ethiopian Crown Prince Asfaw Wossen. Isaias was a member of one of the more influential Eritrean families during the rule of Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. THE RULE OF THE AMHAR, HE WAS LIVING LAREG

He became an engineering student in Addis Ababa, and left to join the forces fighting for Eritrean independence in the mid 1960s after the federation of Eritrea with Ethiopia was dissolved.

^^^You again, still want us to support the Christian President of Eritria. I suggest you go back to Asmara and give the dawa to Afawerki. When Eritria gets a Muslim President and justice for its Muslims we will listen to your nonsence.

^^^lol. I told you already go back and address the problems of your motherland, if you are so desperate for a Jihad against Christian Tigray why not start with your President and cabinet, why not start with your churches. Its Asmara that has a dominant Christain leadership.

Your hypocracy is disgusting, your cowardice knows no bounds, Ethiopia occupies up to 25km into your country. It defeated you in the last battle. I blame the Christain leadership of Isiah, you need to go and start the fight with him.

Otherwise change your knick and come back in as who you are, so then as a Somali you can tell me how bad Yusuf is and so on. But a man who is afraid of Isiah Af-xumo needs not talk to General Duke Abu Aisha.

^^^You have no leg to stand on Mr Eritrea if you are a brave Muslim and want to partake in Jihad start with the President of Eritria. If you are a Christian then everything that comes out of your mouth is absurd.

If you are confused we have no place for you in Somalia. We dont take refugees, sorry. :D

^^^lol. So you still pretending. My friend, I cant call you a brother because you might be coptic Christian, so my friend, you lied about Eritrea as to get the Somali people confused, you should of said you was from Yemen, or Sudan, oops those two regimes are friends with President Yusuf. Oh my. :D

^^^Mr, are all these ministers in the present cabinet not all Christain, and why have the Muslim lost out on these portfolio and why have you not protested about it.

Minister of Agriculture

Arefaine Berhe

Minister of Defense

General Sebhat Ephrem

Minister of Energy & Mines

Tesfai Ghebreselassie

Minister of Finance

Berhane Abrehe

Minister of Labor & Human Welfare

Askalu Menkerios

Minister of Land, Water, & Environment

Woldemichael Ghebremariam

Minister of National Development

Woldai Futur

Minister of Public Works

Abraha Asfaha

Minister of Trade & Industry

Gergis Teklemichael

Minister of Transport & Communications

Woldemichael Abraha

erselam   

See. You have to escape the issues at hand and run away to unrelated topics.

You are a weak Tigree-Somali unlike the brave ones I know closely.

^^^Oh thanks for calling me a Somali. But what issue is at hand, you pretend that Eritrea is any different to Ethiopia, if we even go back a little were they not the same movement that ousted Menghestu?

Was Ethiopia not the one that gave independence to Eritrea?

Saxib you are a quite weak, come out and say who you are, and the reason behidn your tirade.

In 1988, the EPLF started an attack from the northern province of Sahel towards the south. In 1991, together with an allied Ethiopian left-wing organization, the TPLF (Tigrayan People's Liberation Front), the EPLF managed to isolate and then defeat the Ethiopian military in western Eritrea. In May 1991, the TPLF took power in Ethiopia and on May 24, the EPLF marched into the Eritrean capital, Asmara.

Chimera   

Duke say what you want to say about Eritrea but lets make one thing clear

Somali Galbeed is not in Eritrea

the people of Somali Galbeed are not being harrassed by Eritrean soldiers

Eritrea was not the one that delivered arms to multiple warlords during last 16 years

there domestic issue's or make up has nothing to do with the situation were in compared to a country wich is guilty of human rights abuses on our people in Somali galbeed and other groups in Ethiopia

it's still meddling in our affairs

don't project your anger or insecurities to eritreans just because they back the ICU

it was a reaction to Ethiopia decision to send their militia's to Baidoa

don't get it twisted!!