Sign in to follow this  
zynab

africa

zynab   

salaam wanagasan

just want to say something i don't think somalia will have a stable goverment in the near future

simply because somalia is faced with the same problem as any other african country.

Name me one african country that has a functional goverment in place and at the same time is doing economically well and that has no europeans invovled. that's right there is none,.south africa is the only country that can say it has these things in place and yet half of the black community lives in poverty. what about zibawawe

they recently told all white residents to leave their homes by force , because the blacks hate the fact that the white population is 3% yet they own 95% of the countries farming lands.so the whites leave and now the natives can't seem to get the country to operate as it use to . why is this exactly . How it that african countries are so behind from the rest of the world and it seems i am not the only person who thinks this .the WHO(WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION) issued a statement that they are relieved the SARS disease didn't start from africa Rather then asia then they would be in real trouble. It's really sad to hear sad comments like these but it is the truth. when will somalia wake up and realise that a country with state infristucture is better then one without

thanks

Mujahida   

Salam Sista

First of all welcome to the site Zeynab.

Originally posted by Zeynab :

just want to say something i don't think somalia will have a stable goverment in the near future

That isn't just a thought it's a pure fact Zeynab.

I personaly can only make dua's and wish our Lovely but yet corrupted country all the best InshaAllah! It's by ALLAH that everything is possible. A leader cannot just make a difference, it's upto the Individual civilians! Many of us somali's like me living in the West weren't even born in somalia. I mean I didn't even vote for nobody. So didn't you, so didn't so many. Nor am I a civilian back there. So all we basically can do is Complain! I rather make dua and wish them all well. Just by doing that I believe that we are making a diffrence. And ofcourse the acceptence of our sincere Dua's is all up to ALLah swa and Patience from all of us.

Wa/salam

Miriam1   

Things are grim in our lovely continent, in many ways i believe that our race is going through its own dark ages.

Inshallah we will achieve the sucess we hope for and guys who knows Somalia might achieve peace in our lifetime.

Lateafha being born in somalia or voting for the next president doesnt make u less of a somali than a person who lives in Hergeysa. Its wats in your heart that is important. If everytime u study u hope that one day this will help to lead a sucessful life in ur ancestral land...then to me that is what a true somali is :D

I mean if we all give the ppl in the west...our country truely does not a have a hope and our culture will sooner or later be diluted in these foriegn societies

Personally i would like to love bring up my children in thier own country.

Mujahida   

Originally posted by : Ruba From Aruba

If everytime u study u hope that one day this will help to lead a sucessful life in ur ancestral land...then to me that is what a true somali is

Sista, Thanx for the Beautiful tip. You sound like a optimist that's cool. I'm not that optimistic when it comes to Somalia. I'd be if I knew something to be optimistic about.

Salamat

zynab   

salaam wanagsan

latefah i agree with you what is there actually to be optimistic about , i was talking to this malaysian girl who said to me this your country is the only muslim country that i know that muslim are fighting other muslims .that's just sad you know what i mean . i just wish that i had a home to go to for holidays like my other friends. now somali people are everywhere . we are like the chinaess of africa. no matter where you go there is a somali, but no matter what we will allways be nomads

mahadsaneet

Somalia's problems are deep-rooted and don't end at the warlords. I don't understand people who say..."why doesn't the world help Somalia?" Somalia doesn't need sympathy or western solutions (meaning large sums of misplaced cash for politicians), what we need is constructive ideas and "Somali Solutions". Time tells the truth and what the last 12 years has told me is that it is on the youth of today to save Somalia, not the warlords profiting from the disparity of their fellow countrymen.

If you want to make good use of your education, make use of it where it is needed. I believe Canada can do without my input and taxes in this well advanced economy if I go back to my country.

That's what the Arabs, Indians, and many other races do. Africans on the other hand are the only people who say.."Go back?...for what?" If only we could see past ourselves. If you look into the eyes of a displaced mother with her dying child in her arms....I don't know how you could not want to change that. That is a truly heartbreaking sight.

So Insha'Allah we will see past this western ideology that the "dollar" makes you happy.

Asalamu Alaykum my Somali Brothers and Sisters.

somali brother, well spoken, straight at the point!

i mean i have seen what majority thinks, which is sad, and also brainwashing from the western world, we as youth etc, need to have this mind of, we are here to get our education, even if the fact of our country is torn apart, but we are here to learn and help our own! u see helping somalia has many ways to start, everyone lives in a commuunity, i tell you this, go outside and look at the kids and see what they are doing, especially in the summers, and what programs are provided for them, very few for the somali family to afford, and these kids endup hanging around the streets, why don't we, if we want to help our country start from here, where the resources are, helping your own community on creating programs and fighting for the young ones! you see if we are able to achieve this here, then we can start going back there, and rebuilding, trust me money has nothing to do with creating! knowledge is all you need and determination!

Zynab, I commend you for starting this topic and sharing your concern with the rest of us. If we are not optimistic, then we are pessimistic, and if we are pessimistic...we are negative. And we all know negativity will get us nowhere.

I also want to acclaim Ruba, HornAfrique, SoSoDeaf, Lateafha,and Lander for showing a positive voice during such animosity.

SoSoDeaf, I agree with you about helping our community here first. It is on us to lead each other and our country to prosperity. We should be more involved in community programs with underprivileged Somali children. Something as minor as a bit of your time during summer break to help organize a program can mean the difference between a neglected child and a child who feels his community cares for his/her well being.

Asalamu Alaykum everyone

Mujahida   

Salam

MashaAllah I admire all of those that have so much Hope for our MotherLand. Esp Somali Brother & sosodeaf and all the others. Maybe people like me and Zeynab just need some Motivation from those that think deeper and hope for the best no matter what has happened During the Past. Thanx for Pulling us up with such good Intellect and remembering us the fact that no matter who have become or what we are today it all started Back at somalia, We wouldn't be Somali's today if our parents wouldn't be somali's Yesterday and they wouldn't be somali's If it wasn't for their Parents. I hope that we can pass that down to Our Children what our Lovely parents have passed down to us InshaAllah.

Like Somali Brother Said

If we are not optimistic, then we are pessimistic, and if we are pessimistic...we are negative. And we all know negativity will get us nowhere.

I might be alittle Pessimistic about things when it comes to Somalia. But thats because of the Situation. I cannot give somalia any Credits whatsoever so far. I'm just being Honest. But I do truly adimre & Respect Brothers and Sisters like you here on this Thread.

And Zeynab. Sista keep your Head up. I know how ur feeling. I as a matter of fact felt many times like that. But InshaAllah Khair. We can Maybe go there someday " hopefully during this life time if ALLAH Wills and ofcourse if the situation changes which seems like it'll never change.

Fi-AmanaAllah all

Matkey   

I am starting to feel a sense of nation-hood and cohesiveness in this forum. This is what we have been lacking for the past……We can start our struggle to reinstate our dignity wherever we are whether it would be abroad or back home. The foundation for reconstructing our nation lie in our cohesiveness and our respect for another.

Please keep it up|

you know, zeynab, don't worry, you are not alone who thinks this way, alot even some of our parents, wondering why would someone want to go back home, or help our communities within where we live, it is said by majority as a white thing, or why waste your time volunteering in the programs than find a job, or concerntrating on your school work, listen, we need to get out there, we are not living in africa anymore, opening your eyes will teeach you alot of things, with the western societies, we have soo many things to learn from, the good things mind you, not the so called smokin outside the schools type of thing, we need to be proud of our lives and who we are, the culture needs to be raised, not on the foods we eat, but the issue of praising one another when someone does good, and helping one another, for those who hang with the wrong crowds, the so called black(jamaican attitude) ain't cool, being a somali who is educated stylish,m knows how to talk, is cool, not pickingfights and speasking the lingo of watagwan man! you know wat am sayin?! but this is u might not think is a big thing, but go to public schools and look at the percentage rates of somali graduates and drop outs, or failures in classes such as sciences and maths, we all know our wickness is english due to the migration, which for us who can help, it will be good giving sometimes, to help them little kids, and give them the motives that they can be english philosophers if they want to, because from the last time i checked the somalis were the most poetic,imaginative, the language of which is spoken in imagery, and the list goes on! damn the lingo is fascinating! i'll stop my essay, lol

relax and think of what you can achieve when u have the will!

Salaam, Somali's problem stem from the fact that the tareqa of islam was not followed. what happened and is going on in somalia is the same what happened with Ali R and Muawiyyah R which tantamounted to the battle of siffin.

The solution is that we have to realize that we are one body, so if we fight each other we are actually destroying ourselves.