Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Keepers of the Faith

NGONGE   

With respect to the initiator of that thread, I didn’t see much of an invitation to ‘discuss’ the matter there. I think he was letting of steam (we all do that from time to time). Therefore, I thought it best to revive this thread and leave the other to take it’s own course. Somewhere in this thread, I wrote that sooner or later people would tackle this issue head on. Like a fly that hovers round your face and buzzes in your ear, you try to brush it aside with your hand but it keeps on coming back, you try to quicken the movement of your hand, but it keeps coming back. Sooner or later, the fly (measly, irritating, meaningless and pointless as it is) gets your attention and you finally get up and try to deal with it. I see signs of the penny finally dropping. People, angry as they are, are finally trying to crush that fly instead of the nonchalant dismissals of the past. Then again, it was not just one fly; Manji, Rushdie and co are a bloody swarm! Maybe that’s what’s getting the sleepy ‘ceeb, ceeb, ceeb’ brigade to sit up and take notice.

Castro   

I actually read most of this thread last night and it was the usual People v. NGONGE stuff. Don't you think this is a difficult issue to address? The death fatwa on that "swarm" just seems so natural it rolls off my tongue: kill 'em all. But wait, that just proves their lies. Hmmm. What to do? What to do?

Khayr   

Ngonge,

Participate in the 'Open Letter' and other threads as this thread kills your 'credibility'.

Re: "I aim to cause mischief, my dear. This is why I’m posting this on the general section and not the Islam section. Now loosen your hijab a little and give me a reply other than the usual stuff." and 4 pgs worth of gibberish proved that.

Castro,

You must have a nice job saxib cause we always seeing you around every other minute. When we don't see you, it must be your 'day off' work :D

To complete the symmetry of NGONGE’s analogy, Somalis accurately observed that the fly constantly attempts to wash its little hands but repeatedly fails to remove the dirty. Daqsigu, they say, intaas faruhuu mayraa farna ma dhaqo :D . Perhaps the Rushdies, and the Manjis of this world are as ineffectual as the said fly. Haku daalin adeer.