Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Somali Common Law Abandoned

NASSIR   

Concise, brief, and factual based opinion by Ali Dad, a veteran and an author of several books on Somali literature

Somali Common Law Abandoned

By Mohamed Ali Dad

11 March, 2008

In the past, the Somali people in the rural areas and in urban centers used to observe their tribal custom and traditions. These consisted of unwritten common law which was similar to a gentleman’s agreement. Compliance with the traditional rules was required of everyone without exception. The tribesmen trusted each other and peace prevailed between them for the most part. Acts of aggression and encroachment on the other’s territory were rare. Moreover, the Somali tribesmen consolidated their relations by means of reciprocal inter-tribal marriages.

The present-day Somali people have obviously abandoned their ancient custom of good neighborly relations and peaceful coexistence. They may have a Somali complexion or look like a Somali. But most of them are not normal human beings. They are monsters and cold-blooded murderers of the worst type. Killing innocent persons and taking their properties is lawful for them. Invading other people’s land and occupying it is legal for them. A live example of territories suffering under the worst kind of occupation is Sool in the North and Kismayo in the South.

The Somali mullahs are taking an active part in the turmoil and chaos going on in Somalia. They turned to be gunmen all of a sudden and they are killing the people in the name of religion.Obviously they are driven by foreign hands and brutal lust for power at any cost. Also, the tribal rebellion in the South and the tribal secession in the North are hindering the chances for peace and reconciliation.

We see strange things happening everywhere in Somalia. The situation is getting worse day in and day out. We neither see any ray of hope in the horizon nor any light at the end of the tunnel. It seems the Somali people have reached the final stage of the era. They are caught in the midst of intense darkness.

O our Lord. Be Merciful to the Somali people who are unable to help themselves.

By Mohamed Ali Dad

Email: mohameddad@hotmail.com

San Diego, California

They are monsters and cold-blooded murderers of the worst type. Killing innocent persons and taking their properties is lawful for them. Invading other people’s land and occupying it is legal for them.
A live example of territories suffering under the worst kind of occupation is Sool in the North and Kismayo in the South.

:D:D:D ,,,,,,,,,

How about Muqdisho ??

What about bringing Ethiopians to kill the innocent ppl in their homeland ??

what about bringing the US to bomb their own ppl in the deep south in Dhoobley ??

What about and what about ,,,,,,,,

I love it when everyone takes the pen to write something ,,, just something ,,,,

NASSIR   

JB, you know that both Sool and Kismayo have had population flight or ethnic cleansing both in the past and present, so they fall under the category of being a captive society. One of the reasons the TFG has not interfered actively is to let the inter-clan reconciliation prevail over the option of force. You and I know what Somali community settle in both cities and had settled there in the past.

Conversely, The TFG is not engaged in resettlement process just like Israel does in Palestine, nor does it deny Somalis in that city their political right to live peace and work with the government. And it can't fully provide the security that the residents of Mogadisho needs due to the challenges of incessant resistance.

Dhobley's case is different. And we all criticized the U.S air strikes and reckless adventure into Dhobley.

The comparisons you draw are immature and lack the substance to distinguish facts from opinionated claims.

NASSIR   

Ethnic cleaning could be producing the harsh conditon or the circumstance that forces people to leave the area that they call home and bringing in new residents. This has happened all over Somalia.

How about muqdishu then ??

I think it falls under the conditions you presented ,,,,,,

and don't tell me it is different plz ,,

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Muqdishu? Muqdishu? Who cares about Muqdishu, blow them off the GDMF map!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, had tu quote it incase you want to edit ,, :D

Now someone who really cares about Muqdisho will come and talk ,,,,,,

Nephissa   

haha! quote me all you like,JB :D . The easiest way out would be to claim "my sarcasm was lost in translation." Adiga lee ha ceeboobin, abti.

NASSIR   

JB, Mogadisho is divided into two zones, one with relative peace mostly and the other one containing pockets in which the remnants of the courts operate. In either case, it is the people who bear the brunt when the two opposing forces clash, so it is not sufficiently fair representation of the cause and effect of Mogadisho's mayhem when the TFG is blamed alone.

We have all forces of darkness in Somalia, each pursuing ulterior motives. We should give all the support we can to the TFG and harshly censure the so called Islamists for bringing in mayhem and destruction to Mogadisho and by extension to other parts in the South.

All that the TFG wants to accomplish is peace and a very representative government that takes into account all of our grievances. In the end, it is we who would benefit from it since a bad government is better than a no government.

Asalamu Caleykum folks.

Caamir, sxb sorry to say but i thought you are more reasnable than bringing such excuses to differentiate between the two situations.

Bringing Ethiopians to bomb muqdisho and kill the civilians, rape women and son yet to blame the Islamists is really something i fee disgusted to even comment about it.

This is the most backward analysis i have ever read.

Ethnic cleansing ???

Camir....... the Ethiopians in muqadisho are there just to help us rebuild somalia right ?

to be so blinded by qabil....... that you create your own reality...... somebody wake camir up plz