Sign in to follow this  
PortraiT of a BrokeN SouL

Somali irredentism: A positive or negative force?

Salaams to all,

Its 2003. More than a decade has passed, without a Somali government all can agree to. Over a dozen failed peace conferences. STILL, a question remains:

Is Somali irredentism a positive or a negative force?

I look forward to everyone's input.

Gabbal   

Salaamz brother or sister.

To me, in my heart, the ultimate goal for Somalis and to Muslims world wide is to unite for a single Islamic state under a rightfull Khaliiph. I believe that starts for us Somalis to unify our State and seek claim to our pre-colonial lands. The Europeans/Westerners are the ones to have destroyed the Ottamen Empire and divided us, and now when we ask for our lands back they call it mere nationalism, irredentist movements, or border conflict. They try to make it seem vile and oppurtunistic.

Inshallah, sooner or later the Somalis will build and install a non-clanistic government and we will get our lands back.

Inshallah, sooner or later Nabi Ciise will come back and unify the Muslims after he kills Dijaal as prophesised in the Qur'aan, so we have to keep in mind this goes far more than the present.

Thanx.

Seatown in tha house, huh?

Alla- Mahadle

Matkey   

Asalaama alaykum my br/sis

I posted similar topic or question. nevertheless, let me share my ideas on how we would end this on-going social unrest in our country.

most of us suggested that the islamic rule is panacea to our problem. According to my limited understanding of any realm of knowledge, each individual should understand his or her purpose on this world--becoming a true obedient to our creator. most of us became a people of slogan, rather than constructive. Shari'a can be easily implemented in society whose conduct and behaviour are innately governed by islamic faith. it is true that many of us prey, fast and give charity. Howevr, we have endless animosity towards one anther. if we are truly a good muslims, why our IBADA is not manifesting on our behaviors and conduct? I have seen people making a bad remarks about tribes right after the Juma salat. I think it has to start with individuals. We need to have a tolerance and respect for each other. Look at this society we live in—they are more tolerant than us.

May Allah guide us to the right path

thanks