Sign in to follow this  
kisha

What does Islam say about Confession?

kisha   

I recently converted to islam, before that i was a christian & i used to confess everyday in the church!

Now am a muslim i'm confused cause i hardly confess, i fell bad cause their is so much i need to ask forgivness for! :confused:

So i was asking myself do muslims need to confess?

If so then how do you do that?

Holla!

Qac Qaac   

sis or bro, who ever u are, first of all u made the right decision, and thank god that allah guide u.

now if i go back to the tobic, islamic confession is called Tawbah, we don't have cofession that u go to a priest and he forgives coz in islam only god could do that. who is gonna confess for the preist if he sins, because we know he is a human, so instead of confession we have something called tawbah or repuntant. u ask sincerely Allah to forgive u. for ur mistakes, and ur sins. the place and the time it doesn't matter. u could do it anywhere anyplace. anytime. so i hope i answered it.

QA'QA' , well said

KISHA-- 1st i would like to say, welcome to the forum and Islaam

secondly, as muslims when we do something bad, we ask for fogiveness from Allah alone, like the brother said, do this as soon as u realise that u have done wrong,(anytime, anywhere, anyplace)

we dont ask another human,to act as a go-between us and Allah, the preist/preacher/or mosque leader is just like us and not above us, and Allah hears our prayers and sees our actions all in the same way!

dont feel that you cant ask someone for advice or help, we are all here for eachother, as brother and sister in Islaam. if u need to talk, InshaAllah, dont feel that because we said only Allah can 4give you that we wont listen to whatever problem your having.

much love sis!

kisha   

It's weird yet perfect, i can't seem to disagree with islam. I normally never agree with anything, i'm out of words now.

Thanks may Allah reward boths of you, sistah mac mac to U!