Sign in to follow this  
Simple_Nomad

Alexander the Great at death

Source(islamcan.com)

Alexander the Great is known as the most powerful

military leader and conqueror of the ancient world. Before he turned 30 years old he conquered an empire stretching over 3,000 miles from Greece to India. He was born in 356 BC in Macedonia, known today as northern Greece.

On his sickbed and during his last hour alive, Alexander the Great told his generals "After my death, when you put my body in the casket, let my arms hang over the edges with my palms wide open, so the public can see my empty hands while I am leaving the world." After he died, many dignitaries came to view the royal funeral and were very surprised to see his arms hanging over the edge of the casket with his palms wide open. They asked questions about this unique scene. A wise man told them “O’ People, Alexander the Great is telling us that when he ruled the world, great treasures of gold, silver and wealth came to be under his possession. Yet, indeed he is leaving the world empty handed."

Source: Partially extracted from the writtings of JC Pinkerton.

Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Three things follow the bier of a dead man, two of them come back and one is left with him: the members of his family, wealth and his good deeds. The members of his family and wealth come back while his deeds alone are left with him. (Sahih Muslim)

N.O.R.F   

Many Muslims believe Alexander was Dhul Qarnain (the two horned one)- refer to the latter parts of suratal Khahf.

Janna   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Many Muslims believe Alexander was Dhul Qarnain (the two horned one)- refer to the latter parts of suratal Khahf.

Interesting.

Originally posted by Northerner:

He was a pagan Homosexual, who did not know anything about islam, there is no textual evidence that proves he was Dhul Qarnain. So people have to stop Speculating about this.

Yeah man Alexander teh great was a probably a homosexaul and not dhul qarnayn. But some people believe that Cyrus the great the ruler or persia could have been Dhul-Qarnyan.Because of him being honoured in jewish scriptures......

In 1971, the UN translated it into all of its official languages. The cylinder decrees the normal themes of Persian rule: religious tolerance, abolishment of slavery, freedom of choice of profession and expansion of empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_great

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great_in_the_Quran

Theory of cyrus the great being Dhul qarnayn in the quran