Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Allow me to vomit......

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

Reading the politics section of SOL, one get the impression that:

1) We have warlords and or their representatives. Some of us boast about nothing. It is like indian grandmothers bragging!

2) There are some people with multiple names who post the same kind of crap that you hear on the romour mills.

Now, there are several facts that I would like to bring to your notice my dear somali fellows:

a) The nation known as somalia is in shambles. We have several areas (states) that are more stable than others; there is some normality in some regions. BUT, for the average somali nothing has changed. He/she still lives in an atmosphere of poverty, uncertainity and the lack of law and order.

b) Many of us have left somalia for fear of persecusion. We don't have a place to call home other than the ghettos that have surfaced in western metropols. Had the places some of you mention as safe heavens existed, many of us would have packed our bags and left institutional discrimination!

c) To the outside world, somalis are classified as SOMALIS.

Now, my brothers and sisters, tribalism is a dangerous tumour that kills the indvidual's ability to think independently.. If you adopt it, you are likely to reason as required by your tribe- thereby depriving you of intelligence!

Discussing the future of somalia, proposing strategies to better relations, fostering common bonds between somalis are one thing...but enhancing hatred is another thing.

It kills my brain cells to see bright minds that frequent somalionline engage in latent tribalism! So, walaalayaal, wake up !

Liqaye   

Jalle qaxooti every one has the right to vent, but it seems we will have faux arguments about these clan based bantustans for a long while to come.

And although i am glad you noticed i tend to disagree with you on one thing, this talk of ferderalism as well as being moraly bankrupt, is nothing but a cover for clan calculations. Nothing latent about it bro.

Blessed   

Jaalle-qaxooti:

Assalamu calaykum,

Afkaa caano geel lagu qabay. Some people really need to stop listening to all the qabyaalad and show a little respect for the innocent people that are affected by this ********* :mad:

I am really infuriated by the some of the comments I've been reading. It is disheartening to observe seemingly intelligent nomads arguing over the situation in LA - supporting those who are calling for war merely because they share a qabiil name. sadder still is the fact that not many nomads care to spare a thought or too for our poor brothers and sisters in LA who are living in fear of having their homes destroyed and without any knowledge of what the future holds for them. It is okay for us to sit, observe and comment about who/ where LA belongs to but walaalayaal none of us are actually living under the threat of war none of us have to put up with Riyaale and Yusuf incapacity to come to a political resolution... that is what it comes down to.

May Allah help and protect all the innocent people caught up in the ********* of these two men (and their supporters)..

Saalixa   

jaalee

i have given up on our community because if you don't, you will go mad, like mentally affected, theres just too much to work on, and no-one wants to compromise, they all still stick up for there qabiil, they don't understand that they were all created by one god-Allah, and for one purpose.

Tribalism will live on, i don't think it will be eliminated, at least while iam living and while the older generations are alive-they are the ones who destroyed us,,,we need to get them out of authority. :mad:

Coloow   

waad mahadsantihiin!

The reality is that the poor mother who lives in Baydhabo, Xamar, Bosaso or Hargeisa has been affected by the wars that have been fought in somalia. The truth is that many of us in the west would go back to any part of the world that is run by somalis who speak our language (puntland, somaliland etc) instead of being treated as second class citizens in the west.

I visited somalinet which is known for being home to tribalists, fags, atheists etc. There were several threads that were introduced there on SOL. Many claim that the threads on this political section are equally tribalistic.

My suggestion is that for those of us who are not in somalia, it would be better if we don't fuel hatred. Let us instead focus on issues that affect us.

Now, looking at the current subjects on this site, one gets the impression that they have been introduced by warlords.

I think it is time to rethink, reflect what we write.

p.s I am not against excercising the freedom of speech but this concept often eludes us!

jaale do you understand what politics means? its things we discuss here. and as they say all politics are local, well we somalis and our politics has elements of qabiil, warlordism, hatrat etc. if we avoid all those things then it becomes an artificial discussions that have no relevence whatsoever to our situation in somalia. atleast here we exchange views and enhance our knowledge of our people and our country. the more you use political section the more you understand the political issues of somalia and somali people. so don't be so negative and generalistic. some discussions are bit outdated but most of the topics are current and informative. to be honest with you this political section is my window of conprehensive somali information. i can only thank SOL for this site.

Coloow   

Soyaal, sxb, I don't understand what politics is all about. As a matter of fact Lakkad's signature "BOLITIK WAA SIYAAD" is true for many somalis including me. Thew old cliché "politics is a dirty game" is a witness to how somalis debate issues.

I agree with you discussing politics is contextual. But many of us don't live in the nation known as somalia anymore. We are confined to Ghettos in western europe, australia and north America- and it hurts to see many of our bright minds discuss "local" politics in somalia!

Have a look at the dozen or so current threads on this board and you would discover that many of the contents lack the proper political ingredients!

Originally posted by Jaalle-qaxooti:

Soyaal, sxb, I don't understand what politics is all about. As a matter of fact Lakkad's signature "BOLITIK WAA SIYAAD" is true for many somalis including me. Thew old cliché "politics is a dirty game" is a witness to how somalis debate issues.

I agree with you discussing politics is contextual. But many of us don't live in the nation known as somalia anymore. We are confined to Ghettos in western europe, australia and north America- and it hurts to see many of our bright minds discuss "local" politics in somalia!

Have a look at the dozen or so current threads on this board and you would discover that many of the contents lack the proper political ingredients!

jaale bro

we are what arabs say "Al jismu xaadir wal qalbu qaa'ib" we care our country too much and we follow its politics in very detail. its local somali politics that unite us not other countries politics although we live in different countries. i must agree with you though that we have to improve our political discussions and put forward solutions as well.