Sign in to follow this  
lulla

WHY DO THE QURAN REFER ALLAH AS HE?

Buubto   

Aslaaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

Sis to try to answer ur question.

I did quick search in Islam city to give u correct answer & this is what some1 asked & it's answer.

Question

As-Salaam-Alaikum.I read that Allah could be a man or a woman. Why do we always refer to God as a man? And is it possible that God was a human being? The Nation of Islam teaches that Allah came in human flesh. They make a very good point in teaching this because we refer to Allah as he and him and not it or that.

Answer

Assalamu alaikum, Allah (S.W.T.) is not a human being, and He is not a man or woman. What The Nation of Islam teaches is wrong. Allah (s.w.t.) is a supreme being, and there is nothing like Him. The reason we use He is because the language is limited. Thank you, assalamu alaikum.

Hope that answered ur question, we use he in form of language expression, but that doesn't mean Allah is man. Sis just know that Allah is nothing like human being, he created All of this world, & There is nothing like Allah that is all we need to know. Walahu Alam.

Salaamu Caleeykum

Luula Sis, DID u read Hadalka Ilaaheey>( Qul huwa laahu axad allahu samad lam yalid walam yuulad walam yakun lahu kufuwan axad) Sadaqa laahu alcadiim.

This Suura is really telling us about who is allah. Which is that there is NO One is like allah. :mad: So dont ever try to emaging in ur poor lil head about allah.Becouse u will never ever know about him ILaa maalinta qiyaamo mooyaane.

Walaahu Aclam.

Mizz Ish   

2 SWEETY_GIRL No Need 2 diss the sister aight...

ReMeMbEr OuT prophet CSE said...

AL DIINO NASIIXA....

U may Know things the she dont N she may know things that U dont there is no STUPIC QUIZ IN ISLAAM...

WA BILLAHI TOWFIIIIIIIIIIIIIQ

OUT

Ariadne   

pretty sweety girl there is no need to insult someone if they ask a question after all if you dont ask questions youll never know what you were seeking theres a quote "its better to ask a question and feel 5 minutes of stupidity than a lifetime of ignorance" and besides all she wanted to know was why is a gender implied to Allah (swt)and buubto masha allah told us why

signing out

Salaamu Alaikum,

Firstly, the answer to this question has been illustrated by Buubto, Masha Allah. Allah has no gender since Allah is the All-Supreme Al-Khaliq(The Creator)all the Best Names and Attributes belong uniquely to Allah only. There is nothing comparable unto Allah.

"Wa Lam Yakun lahu kufuwan axad." ( Surah Ikhlaas Verse 4)

" And there is none comparable unto Allah"

Secondly, the English language used to interpret the meanings of the Quran is just interpretation not the original text since the Quran is only the Quran in the Arabic Fusha language it was revealed in to the Prophet(SAW).

Allah has told us in the Quran several times that Allah Created the creation in pairs (for example men and women amongst us humans and the animals). Hence only the creation has gender since the creation can be classified as either belonging to one category(for examples as humans and animals being either male) or another category (or being female). One of the reasons the creation having gender is that the male and female can mate to reproduce.

The Creator that made the creation does not befit to possess gender characteristics due to the Creator being Eternal (The First and the Last) and Perfect. And the Creator does not begget nor begotten. In other words nothing came out of the Creator nor did the Creator come out of anything. The Creator is As-Samad ( Eternal). Huwal awalu wal aakhiru ( the First and the Last).

" Lam yalid wa lam yuulad."

In conclusion, The Creator is Unique, Unlimited,

and Perfect. All the Best Names and Attributes belong to Allah. And There is nothing comparable unto Allah. Aspects like gender are irrelevant and not characteristics of the Supreme One.

Everything which is correct that I have stated comes from Allah and every mistake I have made comes from my own faults and I seek forgiveness from Allah.

Wabilahi Tawfiq,

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim

All praises are due to Allah, we praise Him, we seek His help and His forgiveness.

Alhamdulillah the brothers and the sisters answered your q very well mashaa Allaah. I would like to elaborate further. The term "he" when used in english is actually a very general term. That's why "he" can refer to "she" also in some cases.

In Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 78, Number 621:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "We (Muslims) are the last in the world, but will be foremost on the Day of Resurrection." Allah's Apostle also said, "By Allah, if anyone of you insists on fulfilling an oath by which he may harm his family, he commits a greater sin in Allah's sight than that of dissolving his oath and making expiation for it."

Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

Obviously the "he" used in both ahadeeth refers to both men and women. Furthermore, the belief that Allaah is a man goes against the belief of tawheed. The category of tawheed, Asma e Sifat (the names and attributes of Allaah), clearly indicate that there is nothing like Him. The phrase Subhan Allaah, means how exalted and free from any imperfection Allaah is. Man is imperfect. Allaah is perfect.

If I have stated anything incorrect it is from myself and shaytaan, if I have stated anything good is it only from Allaah. O Allaah I ask you to accept this from me. Dear reader, please say amin.

Buubto....very short n simple. I like how you just got to the point and i'm a true believer that allah is nor a he or a she...Allah s.w.t does NOT resemble any of his creatures...everythin from an animal 2 a human being...

But as far as Allah being referred to as a HE..i dont know if that imam elobrated on it...i'm search for it in more depth inshallah.

(lack of vocab? ..dont know...if anyone else has a well educated estimated of the reason why its a a HE...private me or post it. ) Apprecaite it

cheerious

amiiiin@ muslimah, and well said,

mujahid, i like the way u explained it aswell,

the sister pretty sweet girl , you may have been a little harsh with your words, but i know the point that you was trying to make,

since we have all been told that Allah is suprime -nothing like us or anything that we could imagine,

when Allah says, im the all-seeing all-hearing, we should not assume that Allah has ears and eyes,

we just have to accept and beleive the little that Allah has revealed to us, and should not question it.