Sign in to follow this  
guraad

Pics: Mogadishu What They Did To You ?

Coloow   

Smith and Western: I couldn't have put it better! Ishaad ka tuurtay saaxib.

Bari-Nomad: walee waad iga qosolsiisay saaxib. There is no reason whatsover for me to suffer from Mogadisho-ism. I was neither born there ,nor was I brought up there . My views are based solely on observations that Xamar gets a beating from people suffering from Landism- puntlandism, south-western somalism, jubalandism- etc. and that is not fair to xamar which remains to be the place most somalis reside- despite the hardships of ISBAARO, warlords etc.

The fact of the matter is : somalia is suffering-

Let us free our minds from regionalism which could be intepreted as latent qabyaalism.

wa calaykum assalam

BN   

Originally posted by Entrepreneur:

and that is not fair to xamar which remains to be the place most somalis reside- despite the hardships of ISBAARO, warlords etc.

So more then half of Somalia's population lives in Xamar?!?

Let us free our minds from regionalism which could be intepreted as latent qabyaalism.

I am guessing you are Anti-Federalist...am I right? ;)

The old equation [Mogadishu=Somalia] is over.

BTW, You don't have to be born or from Mog to suffer from Mogadishu-ism. It's very widespread disorder :D

Salaan...

Bari-Nomad, I only stayed Xamar because Xamar was my only originally intended destination, ee marka adi intee ii wadaa, Gaalkacyaa??? orangesmilewinkgrin.gif

I might have gone to Hargeyso enroute to Jabuuti, but I had switched to Nairobi instead.

And teeda kale if I am suffering from Xamarism, woooow, dankis. It sure beats to suffer from my-qabiil's-land, otherwise known as regionalism, don't you agree? pimp.gif

P.S.: Some people are repeating as if Xamar has dozens of roadblocks, well you are not right into this. While in Xamar, I had never seen any roadblock, but outside of Xamar, I only had seen two. Those two roadblocks were located outside of Xamar in Cisaleey and Deyniile towns, both protecting the airport strips.

Macsalaama.

BN   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

[QB] Salaan...

Bari-Nomad, I
only
stayed Xamar because Xamar was my only originally intended destination, ee marka adi intee ii wadaa, Gaalkacyaa???

You got somethin against Galkacyo? ;)

I might have gone to Hargeyso enroute to Jabuuti, but I had switched to Nairobi instead.

You would rather see nayroobi then hargeysa?!?! :eek:

And teeda kale if I am suffering from Xamarism, woooow, dankis. It sure beats to suffer from
my-qabiil's-land
, otherwise known as regionalism, don't you agree?

Sxb, Xamar belongs to ONE QABIL. We all saw that in 1991+. ;) And 99% of people who suffer from Mogadishu-ism are from that qabil. No amount of sugar coating "Xamar belongs to all..." is gonna change that!! :D

Some people are repeating as if Xamar has dozens of roadblocks

Doesnt it?!?!

While in Xamar, I had never seen any roadblock

Didn't you say that you only stayed in your old family's district? And that you didn't travel to the "dangerous" parts of town(Read:Most of Xamar)? :D

Originally Posted by MMA:

They are not many, but heey, I did my part and tried to be a bit geesi, hokey. And if you are looking the pictures of Curuba, Jubba, Badda Liido, Jasiira, etc well then I love my life and I wasn't going to risk to go places like them at all.

:D

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002086;p=1

P.S. Loved the Xamar pix...Especially the camels. ;)

Salaan...

Duqa, did you read this???

Xaafado badan aan ka tagay intaa Xamar joogay, intaasna hal isbaaro ma arkin, isbaaro baabuur mise mid dad loo dhigtay. Aniga daacad aan ahay, Xamar hadee xuntahay makuu qarinaayi, as you had seen in the pictures, but also runta makaa qarinaayi. Xamar nac mise diid, as it had been said, "Xamar xisaab, Xarar Dheere xoog." shades_smile.gif

You would rather see nayroobi then hargeysa?!?! :eek:

Ka kac waraa. Nairobi family reason aan u aaday, ee dadka aa isku miineyneysid jooji yaah. wink.gif

Macsalaama.

Rokko   

MMA, Xamar is not xamartaa taqaaney. You have seen it for yourself na'mean?

You have to admit that it is hard for certain tribes specially from Puntland to make it big in Xamar now. There is no denial that it is unsafe for Puntlanders and Somalilanders na'mean?

Let us pray to Allah it gains its old glory again as a multi-qabiil, multi-cultural Somali city.

Coloow   

BariNomad bro, I am not suffering from ism- except possibly somalism. internally somalis have divisions based on tribalism or religionalism- but to the outside world we are somalis.

you are right you don't need to be born in a city to express your unconditional love for it. My analysis as I stated earlier has nothing to regionalism (I don't belong to any region of somalia-) nor any tribe (I have denouced tribalism - and don't believe in the crap).

One thing that I have observed is that somalis who don't relate to mogadishu have the tendency to condemn it- turning discussions into propagandism- and that is not a fair analysis.

You ask if I was anti-federalist. I am not for or against anything- all I want to see is somalis living in peace! I don't care whether they have 23 states, three or none.

Entrepreneur,

Idealist as ever but that is how we got into this problem in the first place, if you believ things will improve without hard work then I think you will be disapointed. We need a system of government backed by instituations that represent the people nationaly and locally.

Centralism has failed and those who back it do because they are the 1% who benefited from this, but we are tired of the 1% we are tired of the endless excuses that are made for Mogadishu leaders, its not that big a place, what 1 million population how many cities on earth have 1 million population? and they are not all like XAMAR.

Bari_Nomad I know is not against Mogadishu and like myslef wants peace to return to that once centre of Somalia.

So Entrepreneur come up with a new argument Bro

Coloow   

Smith N western

---------------------------------------------

Idealist as ever but that is how we got into this problem in the first place, if you believ things will improve without hard work then I think you will be disapointed.

Saaxib there is nothing wrong with being an idealist. What kind of hardwork are you talking about?

-----------------------------------------------

We need a system of government backed by instituations that represent the people nationaly and locally.

----------------------------------------------

we need a system of governance not a government. I think we somalis yearn alot for the establishment of a government-

quote:

Centralism has failed and those who back it do because they are the 1% who benefited from this, but we are tired of the 1% we are tired of the endless excuses that are made for Mogadishu leaders, its not that big a place, what 1 million population how many cities on earth have 1 million population? and they are not all like XAMAR.

did I advocate for centralism? The sad truth saaxib is that mogadishu could be more peaceful than many world metropolis- while xamar has a a government it lacks system of governance : the burning question which has made me reply to this thread and which eludes many regionalists is: WHY THE OBSESSION WITH XAMAR*S PROBLEMS? If as many of us claim certain towns and regions are peaceful, why don't people they move forward? there could be only one rational answer saaxib; without xamar there is no somalia- this could be a simple analysis but...have you a better reason?

Bari_Nomad I know is not against Mogadishu and like myslef wants peace to return to that once centre of Somalia.

I did not say Bari-geeljire is against xamar: I would also love to go to mogadishu- but let us not kid ourselves it would take some time to heal the wounds of hatred.

What i suggest to you and my geeljire brother is we need to put more emphasis on the geeljire way of life instead of discussing urban problems