Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Welsh Parliament Invites Somaliland Parliament

N.O.R.F   

Welsh Parliament Invites Somaliland Parliament

The Republican (Hargeisa)

Posted to the web February 24, 2006

The Chair and the Director of Somali Advice & Information Centre has today announced that "Welsh Assembly "Parliament" issued an Official invitation to Rt. Hon. Saleban Mohamed Adan, Chairman of House of Elder (Gurti) and Rt. Hon. Abdirahman Mohamed Abdillahi, Chairman of House of Representatives.

Mr.Abdikarim Adan, The Director said," We are very proud to lead and manage the forthcoming historical tour of the UK by Somaliland Parliamentary Delegation. The Delegation during their visit in London and Cardiff will meet with Local, Regional and Central Government officials, elected Members of the UK Parliament, Government Ministers, Welsh Assembly Members and Local Councillors in Wales and England as well as many International NGOs based in the UK.

Mr. Ahmed Hassan Arwo, Chairman of Somali Advice & Information Centre, said" We are extremely honoured that, our association once more has successfully lobbied for this great invitation, which will offer good governance and practical experience to the newly elected Somaliland Parliament. Our success is shared by all UK Somaliland Communities in different cities and counties. We always strife to build a fruitful bridge between our home country and our adopted nation. This visit will inject a huge experience to enhance the performance of the new born democracy, learned from the mother of all parliaments, the British Parliament. I wish to express our appreciation and extend our congratulations to the Welsh Assembly Government and to Westminster Parliament for making this historical event a reality."

"Cardiff Somaliland Community elders welcome this milestone visit, which will present them an opportunity to meet political leaders of their home country. They spelled loud and clear their gratitude and delight, with the successful efforts of Somali Advice & Information Centre in undertaking this landmark tour." said, Mr. Ahmed Arwo.

Finally, Mr. Ahmed Hassan Arwo, said, "On behalf of the Community I nominated Mr. Abdikarim Abdi Adan who initiated, in our name, this noble task, to be the main lead Officer for the Tour, and I am sure he will be supported by

2006-02-25

Source: The Republican (Hargeisa)

-------------------------------------------------

Somaliland is on steady progress in all aspects,,,

Xarago   

Looking forward to this trip by the legislators. First time I heard I was like wow we are indeed making major strides forward this 2006. Inshallah bro we will soon reach the target of making Somaliland to be a Worldwide recognised as a sovereign STATE. ( ka naaxo nafta wa)

It suprises me when I see a whole village (Waqooyi Galbeed) in the pursuit of gaining the approval of disbelievers at the expense of their/our dignity as Muslims.

Shame on you, so-called stoogy leaders! :mad: They spent more times on seeking legitimacy, than building the society from the grassroots.

N.O.R.F   

^^The wheels are certainly rolling and most other nations know of Somaliland these days due to some good exposure and PR by the media both at home and abroad.

But what impresses them most is the democracy created, without any outside help, by a people who came out of a civil war and the role of Gurti. A bunch of old men sitting under a tree as the lawmakers/dispute resolvers of a whole nation.

gets the urge to jump on a plane

N.O.R.F   

MR Alle Ubaahne, thank you for your comments but the Somaliland Issue has been discussed to the death on SOL. I actually dont bother with it anymore as everyone has one view or the other but you have to face facts mate. Somaliland is progressing in persuit of it goals. The invitation from the Welsh Parliament is another 'recognition' of Somaliland's transparent political system. I think the Somaliland lobby in Wales has actually achieved something in gaining this invitation by their parliament.

^^You didn't mention anything new, except the deep seated passion for those reckless leaders to meet the Gaalo. The art of peace-making and conflict resolutions has been around within the Somalis for centuries now, and it is not a new thing but the funny thing about your mistaken view is that you linked that with democracy so as to depict Waqooyi Galbeed as more upto the western ideals and systems. To me, that is another shame. When a society loses its saneness, much of what it does or adheres comes from outside, and that utterly gives others an access to own them for good. That is exactly what is happening now.

Waxaan arki jirnay gaal laga faano, waase aduunyo gadoon maanta!

N.O.R.F   

lol@when a society loses its saneness, peace, progress and stability is indeed losing saneness ey brother?

Putting its case for recognition (ie demonstrating its political system of governance)will leave an impression upon the Welsh Parliament.

Progress has been made on the ground within SL now its time for efforts outsidde of SL. Views of opponents are the last of SL's worries saxib. Onwards and upwards as they say in good ole UK :D

You have your views and i respect them but thats where the buck stops. You are not the first and certainly wont be the last ;)

^^My friend, you misunderstood the essence of upward social mobility. It doesn't start with walking on the footprints of colonial powers, it rather goes the opposite and aims at higher values that truly reflect on you as a society. I am indeed frightened of the fact that reversing a society from the stage they are at today will surely not going to happen without any fierce resistance, because much of Waqooyi Galbeed inhabitents are solidly weilded into this suicidal idealogy of seperating from their brothers at all costs. It seems the cycle of further Somali disintegrations is yet unfolding before our eyes!

Xarago   

It seems the cycle of further Somali disintegrations is yet unfolding before our eyes! [/QB]

Yes indeed. But not Somaliland.

It doesn't start with walking on the footprints of colonial powers, it rather goes the opposite and aims at higher values that truly reflect on you as a society.

I'm inclined to ask you what exactly do you mean by this. Am sure you must have an answer for it and the trend that needs to be followed which you are refering to? Furthermore has it before been pursued, where and when and what was the result?

Xoogsade   

Xarago, reer waqooyiga soomaalida kale maka duwan yihiin? They have the same ills the rest of the country suffers from, may be even worse.

Hadhoow waa la idinla xisaabtami doonaa, inta waqtigaas laga gaaraayo, waa iska riyoon kartaan. I do have dreams as well.

Xarago   

Xoogsade am begining to like your sense of awareness. First reer-waqooy are no different from other Somalis be it those in Somalia, Djibouti, NFD, Kilinka Shanaad, and the newly found Somalis called, Canadian/Somali, British/Somalia, etc.., we are all the same in terms of ethnicity and nothing makes me more proud to be linked with such diversity. But we are different in Statehood walalo and that is no dream but a reality.

Secondly , yalala xisabtami doona ? Those who forged unity, peace and properity in their neighbourhood. Or those who are killing,robbing, looting, maiming and all in that category who have been doing it for over the last sixteen years plus.

N.O.R.F   

It doesn't start with walking on the footprints of colonial powers, it rather goes the opposite and aims at higher values that truly reflect on you as a society.

Saxib, SL are persuing recognition through whatever avenues are possible. Somalia has persued their interests of not allowing it through Italia. Italia has the ear of the EU which France is a prominent member of - a new nation with the Brits supporting it??? no way say the French! ;) and in the EU, what the French say usually goes. Therefore we are all guilty of the crime of seeking former clonial powers assistance on persuing respective agendas. The AU have been given the task of 'recognising'.

Xoogsade   

Xarago, I wasn't unaware but rather never liked to be mired in "separation/seccession" politics. I can see through the veneer of the grandeur illussions and dreams of the few corrupted opportunistic elitist northern politicians and their diehard supporters. May be the dominant clan can be united on this separation, but the minorities who can't influence the politics and who might have expressed their unmolested wishes if they could, feel outsiders and have acquiesced. They surely find the whole process hermetic to them. I don't buy this separatist ideas are the brainworks of every northern Somali. I could be biased as a southerner and predisposed to dismiss it, At the same time, can you blame me to believe in conspiracy by the few opportunists? I want a vote, an open vote on this issue while the whole somalis watch on. I want every clan member in the north have a say in this. Whatever had been done in the past without due consultation with southern authorities who are legit won't count.

Anyway sis, kheerka ilaahay soomaalida ha waafajiyo.