Sign in to follow this  
Somali_Friend

Was Kismayo captured by SICU solely for Alqaeda's use

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Somali_Friend:

If Mugadishu can bargain with mengistu without any concern for WSLF, what makes you think that the somali ethiopian cannot say enough is enough, you speak for yourself we speak for ourselves.[/QB]

Somali_Friend, I cautioned you to do your research. You've repeated this tendency of yours in your arguments with David_Letterman and others. I agree that the WSLF and Siad Barre fell out after the 1977-78 war. The WSLF is now a spent force and has since been replaced by the ONLF. In that respect, we ought to be discussing the ONLF and its political views.

Secondly, my original contention was with the notion that the 'Somali Ethio' can bargain for himself. More specifically, the intention was not to argue the ability of the Somali People of the ****** to bargain with their foes but rather to point out the lack of a partner with which to bargain.

The latest elections held on the 21 of Aug 2005, in the concerned regions, were dismissed as a smokescreen by the ONLF. The ONLF recognised the inadequacy of these elections and their inability in contributing to an overall political settlement between the Somali People of the ****** and the Ethiopian government. As the ONLF have rightly indicated, the chief aim of these elections was to produce yet another puppet administration that would bid on behalf of the Ethiopian regime to the detriment of the Somali People of the ******. Incredibly, ballots were held in military compounds. These same compounds thus acted as venues for casting ballots, a move designed to coerce voters in to voting for Ethiopian stooges.

Apart from the defunct political process, the ONLF also draw attention to the continuing economic hardship, lack of freedom of assembly, of expression, wide spread detention and torture and of the rape of our Somali sisters (a matter which above all others, enrages me).

The inability or rather unwillingness of successive Ethiopian regimes to recognise and to take measures to fulfill the rights of the Somali People of the ****** to self-determination, is what prompts us to lose confidence in a peaceful resolution to this crucial matter.

Other regions in Africa have sought to use international legal norms to resolve their territorial disputes, as was the case with the now resolved oil-rich Bakassi peninsula, between Nigeria and Cameroon. Ethiopian regimes and Ethiopian citizens like yourself seem to lack concepts of sophistication and civility, in recognising that the Somali areas you occupy do not belong to you and that a recourse to a peaceful resolution is in your best interest. Ignorance and barbarism have been your lot in antiquity, except for the growing number of reverts in Ethiopia to the religion of Allah.

I do not await a considered reply from you. I urge my brothers and sisters on this forum to cease from replying to the foolish notions/posts of this member, whose sole aim is to downplay the sufferings of our fellow Somalis in the concerned region while ignoring abundant evidence to the contrary. As for any SOL moderators who may be reading this post, i urge you to ban this member from SOL or at the least forewarn this member to cite evidence for any future posts.

The reason i ask for such measures is not because i wish to silence critics (there are many others i do not agree with on this forum), but rather that i am filled with indignation at the tendency with which this member cites uncorroborated information in regards to the concerned region. As an occupied territory of our homeland, this member should recognise that this is a sensitive issue and that he needs to tread carefully.

Lets see who is housed in Kismayo:

1. Alqaeda for its operations in all of eastern africa shores. Primarily to kenya and tanzania

2. OLF sent by eritrea to attack ethiopia from there, simply because OLF cannot operate from eritrea (1000km border), Sudan (another 1000km border) Kenya (about 600km border) Somaliland, Puntland and Bay and Bakool covering most of the 1000km border.

Kismayo will prove to be deadly for ICU. The pushing of Barre Hiraale completely to TFG side and also leaving him with no choice, but to accept Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia as friends to fight against Pakistani terrorists and eritrean/OLF mercenaries occupying his area.

Originally posted by mystic:

SF

You are hallucinating, there is no such thing as AQ. You sound like the typical Islamophobic western.

Mystic,

We know Alqaeda when we see one. Check Jijiga to see the Aweye terrorists murdering women and children. Ethiopia also has handed arab countries their terrorist citizens captured from Aweye's Alqaeda.

What are you talking about?

The only terrorists I know of eat raw meat and are fool-smelling pests.

You have captured nothing to start with, for there were no arabs or pakistanis you have captured!

Originally posted by mystic:

What are you talking about?

The only terrorists I know of eat raw meat and are fool-smelling pests.

You have captured nothing to start with, for there were no arabs or pakistanis you have captured!

Hopefully will be made public, at least as to numbers. They are all gathering in Kismayo and area.

Other witnesses reported seeing a large number of foreign fighters in the convoys heading south and there were rumours they were headed for an Islamic courts' base at the very southern tip of Somalia called Ras Chiamboni.

Islamic fighters have gone door-to-door in Kismayo, recruiting children as young as 12 to make a last stand on behalf of the Islamic courts, according to a confidential U.N. situation report citing the families of boys taken to the frontline town of Jilib, 65 miles north of Kismayo.