Sign in to follow this  
Somali_Friend

Was Kismayo captured by SICU solely for Alqaeda's use

you should also think of this every region should have army not police but an army that can defend that region ? if you have any question then idon't see why any country should have federal system. you can't tell me the tigry can have army but not somali galbeed.

David_Letterman,

Have you heard that BBC is banned in Ethiopia? I think you have the wrong information. They are all there.The so called media which Addis Ababans call gutter media in jail are there for only one reason, they printed material that is against the constitution, they participated in activities against public safety. Democratic or not, there is no country in the world that allows so called media that calls for killing of people.

Regarding the Websites you quoted:

I think the ONLF is the only relevant site to the discussion. Its very difficult to discuss somali ethiopian issues from menelik and mengistu websites. We can have a separate thread for that if you think its worthy here in SOL. I don't.

example:

"The powerful SICU, that controls most of somalia, including the Capital". This is repeated addnausium from some of the media. You can easily see the untruth of that statement. For someone who has no idea about the lay of the land and forces in somalia it maybe the only thing they know. What do you think would it help if you and I spent time discussing this obvious item. nothing. Because we both fairly know that all the supposed fights, conflicts are happening in less than 1/3 of somalia.

-Has Ethiopia allowed self determination for Somalis in O-gadenia??

Here again there is disenginous presentation of the question. Even ONLF doesn't present it that way. Somali state is the one that has the constitutional right to self determination. A somali that wnats to excercise this right need to convince 66.6% of the somali ethiopian. Lets not have it both ways. ONLF has clearly stated they accept this formulae.

If you want the facts on the ground, the situation is that ONLF is not able to convince 66.6% of the O provinces let alone the whole of somali state. Thats a fact. Last years eleders committee that met ONLF and Both the state government and the federal government trying to resolve the issue has ended in acrimony between the elders and ONLF.

-the 15 different warlords that were supported by Ethiopia and it's sugar daddy were chased out

I am afraid this is also disengenous statement I don't want to use the word lie. Can you name any of the anti-TFG warlords that was friendly to ethiopia? Since the establishment of the TFG, anything ethiopia does in somalia, be it outonomous regions or provinces is all through the TFG and by agreement of TFG.

I don't know if you missed it, but an agreement between Puntland and Ethiopia on Air travel and airports was witnessed by none other than the speaker Shiek Sherif.

-Somaliland and Puntland both are implementing Shariah-law on the order of their subjects

something Meles doesn't like he hates everything Islam

Again. Lets not have it both ways. The menelik and mengistu websites that you relied upon for your discussion and their supporters accuse Meles and Tigray where he comes from, for making ethiopia a pro islamic country. They accuse him of having judges including chief justices, Military commanders, Security and Intelligence, majority of his government ministers....moslems.

Your accusation is baseless in ethiopia or even as seen from neighboring countries, except those menelik and mengistu children in ethiopia and the johny come lately "icons" in Mugadishu.

my people in S-land and P-land and South will work it out don't worry but you won't have a say in it att all!

I think ethiopia is the happiest country that there is peace, order and security in 70% of somalia. Somaliland and Puntland both have excellent relations with Ethiopia as bordering regions as well as in common peace and security. Trade is expanding. Both the TFG and the ethiopian federal government encourage this. There is good will on both sides and clear understanding that peace and security has many dividends for all of us.

Originally posted by xox ogaal:

you should also think of this every region should have army not police but an army that can defend that region ? if you have any question then idon't see why any country should have federal system. you can't tell me the tigry can have army but not somali galbeed.

I am afraid you have the wrong information. Every state has police and safety/security organization run under the state government. Some people call them state militia.

No state has an army. Army is only under the federal state.

There is no difference what so ever between states except some lack the capacity and they are building it. Tigray doesn't have the same capacity as Oromia or Amara and Gambella doesn't have the same capacity as Tigray or Somali states.

In state like Gambella the federal police do the work of state police, but that will change as capacity is built.

Somali state is in the middle or Average. On the poverty scale Afar and Tigray are the poorest of the poor and Oromia, Southern and Amara are the richest of the poor, Somali state is again in the middle.

Actually some of the commanders of the army in Tigray are somalis, oromos etc. You may have heard the general and colonels that went to eritrea (to OLF)were based in the army positions in Tigray. The army has no state attachment.

me   

Why are you entertaining this Xabash? He is paid for this, these people are paid to make trouble in Somali forums and chats, I am gonna do the same in xabash websites.

Dear Xabash,

this is the scenario, we will kill you all or you will bow to us. There is no talking, no middle ground. We will finish Axmed Gureys work.

The prophet might have given you Xabash's peace, but I am not very strict on religion. So lets stop talking and get to war. Let the weak Somalis die off so that strong Somalis can take over. Lets get down to natural selection. Let the Somalis that deserve Somalia live or let us all die.

Originally posted by me:

Dear Xabash,

this is the scenario, we will kill you all or you will bow to us. There is no talking, no middle ground. We will finish Axmed Gureys work.

The prophet might have given you Xabash's peace, but I am not very strict on religion. So lets stop talking and get to war. Let the weak Somalis die off so that strong Somalis can take over. Lets get down to natural selection. Let the Somalis that deserve Somalia live or let us all die.

The answer is NO. lol

There is no need for war between us. Make what you have better and we all will trip over eachother to become citizens of somalia. But as we have seen in over a century thats no guarantee for peace.

Last years eleders committee that met ONLF and Both the state government and the federal government trying to resolve the issue has ended in acrimony between the elders and ONLF

Acrimony?

Who are the elders to mediate Wayone and ONLF?

Aren't they the same opressed, mistreated, ignored and neglected masses of somali O-gaden?

The elders were forced out but never willingly traveled abroad just the same way the Shariah Court of the Somali state was forced to speak against the MMI in Mogadishu.

me   

Stop Bsing.

There is no Somalia if more then half of the Somali peoples land is occupied. War is the only way to cleans our past, untill you feel what the Somali people in the occupied regions have endured. Talk peace all you like, we know what Xabash peace mean. Our forefathers might have been gentlemen and might have believed that the xabash was a man of honour, but we speak the only language that your kind understnads, that of the sword. I thank god for the opportunity we are about to get. Thank you xabash for giving us a reason for finish Axmad Gureys work.

My only advice to you is fear us and flee. Harar will be the new capital of the free Cushite States. Ethiopia is an illegitimate state and it will be disbanded.

Originally posted by M.M.:

Acrimony?

Who are the elders to mediate Wayone and ONLF?

Aren't they the same opressed, mistreated, ignored and neglected masses of somali O-gaden?

The elders were forced out but never willingly traveled abroad just the same way the Shariah Court of the Somali state was forced to speak against the MMI in Mogadishu. [/QB]

Are you telling me that the somali state government or the federal government forced these elders to travel abroad and work to reconcile the ONLF with the somali O?

In regards of the sheria courts chairman of somali state, comments on sheik hassan tahir, why don't you look into the background of the comments. Do you know if these two men had their passes crossed in the past, during mengistu times after 78 when some "friendship" was going on between mengistu and mugadishu? Most of the participants in these cases have some or too much knowledge about each other. I would always look into it.

One thing you can glean from the comments of the religious leaders or elders of somali state is that the supreme islamic leader, thats the official name for shiek hassan tahir, I am not kidding you, is not welcome.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Somali_Friend:

David_Letterman,

Have you heard that BBC is banned in Ethiopia? I think you have the wrong information.They are all there.The so called media which Addis Ababans call gutter media in jail are there for only one reason, they printed material that is against the constitution, they participated in activities against public safety. Democratic or not, there is no country in the world that allows so called media that calls for killing of people.

Ugh that was pathetic try harder..

you simply didn't like what Anthony Mitchell was reporting so you kicked him out

of course highlighting the gross human rights violations done by Meles Agazi's on innocent civilians is known as ''activities against public safety''

i think i allready adressed your bad habbit of coming with non sequitur statements in your reply's

work on it and make sense!

I think the ONLF is the only relevant site to the discussion. Its very difficult to discuss somali O-gadenian issues from menelik and mengistu websites.

of course it is difficult to discuss issue's when you can't refute facts presented to you

onlf.org and o-gaden.com both receive their info from radio xoriyo

example:

"The powerful SICU, that controls most of somalia, including the Capital". This is repeated addnausium from some of the media. You can easily see the untruth of that statement.

no there is nothing untruthfull about that..

Mogadishu is the largest city in Somalia

Kismayo is the third largest port city in Somalia

ICU is definitly the superior military force in Somalia

For someone who has no idea about the lay of the land and forces in somalia it maybe the only thing they know. What do you think would it help if you and I spent time discussing this obvious item. nothing. Because we both fairly know that all the supposed fights, conflicts are happening in less than 1/3 of somalia.

oww i see so the fighting between SNA and Ethiopian army in the 70's happend in every corner of Somalia instead of only O-gaden and Harar??

:D

Here again there is disenginous presentation of the question.

here again come the lies wrapped in more nonsense

but let's continue..

Even ONLF doesn't present it that way.the Somali state is the one that has the constitutional right to self determination.

Article 39 is a scam!!

A somali that wnats to excercise this right need to convince 66.6% of the somali O-gadenian. Lets not have it both ways. ONLF has clearly stated they accept this formulae.

If you want the facts on the ground, the situation is that ONLF is not able to convince 66.6% of the O provinces let alone the whole of somali state.

on 28 January 1994, at a press conference in Addis Ababa, ONLF called for a referendum on self-determination and independence for the ******. And on 22 February 1994, a cold-blood massacre took place in the town of Wardheer, where more than 81 unarmed civilians were killed by TPLF militias, who tried to kill or capture alive the chairman of the ONLF Mr. Ibrahim Abdalla Mohamed, who was addressing at that time a peaceful rally in the centre of the town.

Thats a fact.

Indeed!

I am afraid this is also disengenous statement I don't want to use the word lie.

the fact that you deny this well known secret shows how corrupt you are!

Can you name any of the anti-TFG warlords that was friendly to ethiopia?

what's this Anti-Tfg your talking about??

you said Ethiopia and Somalia had changed and i showed Somalia definitly changed for the better by evicting the Warlords that were supported by you to continue the status quo

are you going to deny you never shipped arms to BKM??

Again. Lets not have it both ways. The menelik and mengistu websites that you relied upon for your discussion and their supporters accuse Meles and Tigray where he comes from, for making ethiopia a pro islamic country. They accuse him of having judges including chief justices, Military commanders, Security and Intelligence, majority of his government ministers....moslems.

So the news they reported about the Arot Killa Mosque that was demolished by ''federal'' Police was nothing but fabrication?

or the

Hijab is against the policy of EPRDF. It is used for nothing but as a cover for mischief. We will stop any one who allow the wearing of hijab!

statement

TPLF is part of EPRDF

didn't Awassa University start banning girls from entering with hijab??

you want to tell me Meles is unable to stop this from happening??

pleasssssssseee you and your uncles are no different

Your accusation is baseless in ethiopia

since you never came with sources to back your claims you don't have cred to say this so get off your high horse

or even as seen from neighboring countries, except those menelik and mengistu children in ethiopia and the johny come lately "icons" in Mugadishu.

well that's better than Mr. LA LA LAND

I think ethiopia is the happiest country that there is peace, order and security in 70% of somalia.

Try again

a stable Somalia is Ethiopia's biggest nightmare

if it starts supporting the multiple groups in your house your doomed

and you will Collapse that's a fact :D

Are you telling me that the somali state government or the federal government forced these elders to travel abroad and work to reconcile the ONLF with the somali O?

[EDIT] Not the Somali O-gaden but Meles's Regime and ONLF. The Somali state and the shariah court are both pupperts and controlled by the generals with the blessings of Meles.

About the background of the sheikh, it doesn't really matters what he used to be or his background is. He is a sell-out, Munafaq, a coward and a puppert.

I was there less than 2 months ago and have seen how somalis are terrorized, subjugated, denied their rights and imprisonned without a cause.

The people in the O-gaden region have never been treated as human beings or even as if they belong to the planet earth where human and individual rights supposedly respected.O-gadenia is often termed as to a remote region in eastern Ethiopia and that is usually when they are using our name as a ploy for aid, otherwise; the very mention of existence of Somalis in the O-gaden region is a taboo: an attempt to dissect the people from the land

quote:

I think the ONLF is the only relevant site to the discussion. Its very difficult to discuss somali O-gadenian issues from menelik and mengistu websites.

of course it is difficult to discuss issue's when you can't refute facts presented to you
Mr. Letterman,

Quite the opposite. All I want is that I don't want to discuss somali ethiopian issues from menelik and mengistu websites. There is nothing to be accomplished by discussing somali issues with information from menelik and mengistu web sites.

quote:

example:

"The powerful SICU, that controls most of somalia, including the Capital". This is repeated addnausium from some of the media. You can easily see the untruth of that statement.

no there is nothing untruthfull about that..

Mogadishu is the largest city in Somalia

Kismayo is the third largest port city in Somalia

ICU is definitly the superior military force in Somalia
If you choose to ignore Somaliland and Puntland to make your favourites from Mugadishu look good based on false presentation, all power to you. I would say the SICU controls most of southern somalia and that would be truthful and fact on the ground information.

Article 39 is a scam!!

Are you not from the menelik mengistu camp here, Mr. Latterman? Those are the only people who woul say something like this.

Both ONLF and OLF will never say something even remotely close to this. All article 39 says is that every nation, nationality or peoples have the right to self determination if they convince and get 66.6% of the vote of the said nation or nationality.

quote:

I think ethiopia is the happiest country that there is peace, order and security in 70% of somalia.

Try again

a stable Somalia is Ethiopia's biggest nightmare

if it starts supporting the multiple groups in your house your doomed

and you will Collapse that's a fact
[/QB]
Mr. Letterman,

You have learned nothing from Somaliland and Puntland, let alone Djibuti. Mutual peace, security and development is a two way street. You will need peace to build anything worthy. You will need security to have peace. its all interdependent.

Here is the way I see it.

Build somalia to be the strongest, the most united, at peace with itself....all east africans would kill to be somali. Until then try to live in the neighborhood as best as you can.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Somali_Friend:

Mr. Letterman,

Quite the opposite. All I want is that I don't want to discuss somali O-gadenian issues from menelik and mengistu websites. There is nothing to be accomplished by discussing somali issues with information from menelik and mengistu web sites.

you never even presented information or sources to refute their info

if it's quite the opposite then where are your independent sources that state this..

i'll be waiting.

If you choose to ignore Somaliland and Puntland to make your favourites from Mugadishu look good based on false presentation, all power to you. I would say the SICU controls most of southern somalia and that would be truthful and fact on the ground information.

If news outlets are allowed to report that Meles fully controlls O-gaden( evendo no Oil or Mineral company is able to operate evendo it army is being killed left and right) why should they not report the same when reporting about the ICU

but if it really bothers you go contact them and speak your mind.

Both ONLF and OLF will never say something even remotely close to this. All article 39 says is that every nation, nationality or peoples have the right to self determination if they convince and get 66.6% of the vote of the said nation or nationality.

are you illiterate??

do you not understand what the word ''scam'' means??

article 39 specificly states that for a people to get self determination it has to obtain green light for a referendum in wich people can vote for the before mentioned self determination

ONLF asked for this and it was rejected and it's chairman was pursued by Agazi's

so tell me..

if you cut people off on the ''referendum'' part what use is the rest of Article 39 for then?

all in all it's a scam created only to paint this harmonious picture to the Donors from the west

Mr. Letterman,

You have learned nothing from Somaliland and Puntland, let alone Djibuti

your a country that does crossborder raids into Kenya and kills it's citizens

your a country that invaded Eritrea and got it's azz kicked but still caused lots of displacement

your a country wich has invaded a sovereign country called Somalia

your a country wich preaches article 10,14,15,17,18,39 of it's constitution to the world donors

but breaks nr 10 every time it let it's agazi dedebs commit human rights abuses on the people from Gambella,Oromia,O-gadenia

breaks nr 14 when it causes insecurity in these regions

breaks nr 15 when it kills and kills and kills people from the before mentioned regions without a reason

Breaks nr 17 when it denies the right for liberty

breaks nr 18 when it continues with unhuman treatment in the allready stated regions

breaks nr 39 when it denies people to vote in a referendum for self determination

your corrupt and there will never be peace in the Horn with you around so don't worry we will get rid of you in due time.

Here is the way I see it.

Build somalia to be the strongest, the most united, at peace with itself....all east africans would kill to be somali. Until then try to live in the neighborhood as best as you can.

nobody is killing to be an Ethiopian..

more like killing not to be one

And yes we will continue to live in the neighbourhood with you untill the return of the Somali Republic with leaders like Shamarke but untill then we will make top dollar of your back in Djibouti we will murk your Agazi's in O-gadenia we will dominate the Kenyan economy in Eastleigh we will continue having a booming livestock-trade in P-land and S-land and we will definitly continue causing your sugar daddy Uncle Sam Nightmares from the South

David_Letterman,

Ethiopia has good relations with:

Sudan, Kenya, Somalia*, Djibuti. Eritrea is contained all dressed up with 300,000 army looking for jobs from arabs everywhere, where there is human suffering and misery LRA Uganda, Darfur, Eastern Sudan, Congo, Chad...whereever Gaddafi wants them.

We have never had this much peace and we are making the best of it.

Somalia* TFG, Somaliland, Puntland, no enmity with any places except some of these places are under SICU control for now.

I suggest many here dont forget the rules of the site. Somali Friend should be given some respect and not told the leave the site. He has engaged with most of us here in a thoughtful and mature manner.

Somali-Friedn keep it coming, dont mind anyone SOL is an open forum.