Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

Uganda Denies Peacekeepers In Somalia lol

Somali Police Official Says Ugandan Team Has Arrived; Not According To Uganda

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) A Ugandan military spokesman has denied that an advance team of the African peacekeeping force expected in Somalia has arrived in the country, contrary to an earlier statement made Thursday by a senior Somali police officer said.

Adan Biid Ahmed, the police chief of the southern town of Baidoa where the transitional parliament sits, said 30 Ugandan troops had arrived in a military plane Thursday morning.

"This is the first batch of African peacekeepers to be deployed in Somalia," Ahmed told The Associated Press on the phone from Baidoa.

Capt. Paddy Ankunda, spokesman for Uganda's peacekeeping mission, told the AP that the Ugandan deployment will not happen until next week. Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni is expected to preside over a final ceremony Thursday for the peacekeepers in Jinja, Uganda.

"There are no Ugandan troops in Baidoa; there are no Ugandan troops in Somalia," Ankunda said by phone from Jinja.

Uganda's total troop deployment is expected to reach 1,500 troops.

The Ugandan contingent will be part of an African Union peacekeeping force meant to help Somalia's fragile, transitional government establish security in the country following decisive battles with a radical Islamic movement in December and January. The movement, known as the Council of Islamic Courts, was ousted from the capital it controlled for six months and its southern Somalia strongholds.

African peacekeepers are expected to reach a level of 8,000 troops. The United Nations Security Council approved its deployment in an unanimous vote on Feb. 20.

African peacekeepers will have to confront growing violence in the capital, Mogadishu, since the government took control of it in December.

Since then, insurgents have staged near-daily attacks, with Mogadishu's civilian population bearing the brunt of the violence. And last week the insurgents threatened suicide attacks against the African peacekeepers.

Ethiopian troops, largely seen as an occupying Christian force, have been accused of indiscriminate attacks against civilian-populated areas.

Somalia has not had an effective national government since 1991, when warlords overthrew dictator Mohamed Siad Barre and then turned on one another, throwing the country into anarchy.

The transitional government was formed in 2004 with U.N. help in hopes of restoring order, but it has struggled to assert its authority.

Source: AP, Mar 01, 2007

What a shame to be seen as a liar!!!!

Jaylaani   

They see a man with uniform and they think Jesus landed back on planet earth.

Guess what, I saw UFO last night right out side of my living room.

Jaylaani   

Violet,

Did they say there are ground African troops in Mogadishu or they were just debating about the deployment?

P.S. You have the right color of the Somali flag.

Why didn’t you educate Duke, Taako and others and tell them the color of the flag they're waving isn't the right one?

Jaylaani   

Violet,

Ok.

I don't think that is a good move. GOD HELP POOR SOMALIS in xamar. Religion is huge factor in Somali culture. African KUFAR will do more harm than good including rape. Lets face it, African men are very attracted Somali women. Country with no law and order plus poverty, they will take advantage of these poor walaahi.

P.s.

I'm serious about the flag. Somalis posses all versions of the BLUE color not knowing there is a huge difference between Dark Blue and sky blue.

Go to some of these demonstrations and you will see what I’m talking about. They have the entire rainbow in blue. And those are the diasporas once such as DUKE and TAAKO. They should know better.

People ask me all the time…what is the actual color of Somali flag. I tell them it’s the replica of the UN’s and they go than why……do I se….blah blah.

I dont think it is something to be proud of that you base your flag on the Uniited Nations. they are the biggest bunch of incompetent ****** in the world.

somalia is a country rich in history and i dont think it should have to imitate anybody. personally i call for a flag change and the creation of a flag that represents somalia and its heritage and identity

Jaylaani   

^^waar ilayn anagaa wax aragnay.

Who said I was proud of it? I could care less what color it posses. I changed mine already with red white and green.

I was just making a point. How hard is that? Somalidu waa suntii ayaxa walaahi.

Let me educate you a little about the reason Somalis selected the color of the Unites Nations. Since Somali states were scarred in five different colonial system and the hope of SOMALIWEYN was in the horizon, they thought the idea of being UNITED such as the UN will be suitable for all Somalis. Nothing more, nothing less.

When Djibouti elected not joint the rest (thank ALLAH), the dream of Somali wayn died too.

If Somali proper decide to change the color of their flag accordingly, that will remain to be seen.

I apologise Jaylaani I misunderstood your standpoint.

But the you do reiterate the point about the origins of the Somali flag as being based on the UN structure. That for me means that they are imitating another entity’s flag which they should never done.

Jaylaani   

Timacade,

Just take the clock back 50 yrs. Actually the UN was supposed to be good thing at that time. So these forefathers of Somali to imitate the new model of multiple states under one umbrella was actually a good "IMITATION". Of course history says otherwise.

P.S.

No need to apologies bro.

..OO INANKU MEERAYSAN JIRAY, MEEL FOG KA ILAAQDAY,

OOY HABAR MALCUUNOW DIROO, MOQOSINKOW SARTAY

OO LAYSKU WAA FAQAY HALKUU, MAYA KA DHAWRAAYAY

OO FARAQ (garac) MAKAANKEEDA GALOO, MADAX WAREERAYSA

MADOOBAADAYEEY XALAY, MIYAY MURUDTAY LAABTAYDU

BY, Timacade (RIP) he was predicting the current situation of Somalia.

I have that poem at home.

ah not only a righteous brother but one with a love for the true art of the somalis. my favourite poem of Cabdilahi Suldaan Timacadeh (RIP)(no relation to me) would also have to be Kana Siib Kana Saar. i am not the greatest at understanding somali poetry but this one really inspires me man. he was a legend and he foresaw the future. great man indeed