Sign in to follow this  
SomaliThinker

A telling remark by U.S. Amb. Yates

In reading the transcripts of the interview of Amb. Yates by hiraan a telling thing glared to me. A small but big remark was made by the Amb Yates, a fact that maybe he did no know himself he stated. Here is the questions and answer part.

HOL Amb. Yates : Amnesty International and all the major human rights organizations said that the situation with the Ethiopian Army, TFG and the opposition groups is the most recent war crimes committed.

Amb. Yates : Let me just say that we know it's been a very tragic time in Somalia and it continues and as wonderful as Amnesty International is as an organization when they made the report, they went to Hargeisa and Nairobi, they didn't go into Somalia … I am not saying nothing in the report is right or wrong. All I am saying is that it is very hard to judge from publications and the international media.

As everyone knows Nairobi is a city in another country IA Kenya, but he also stated Hargeisa as being as being a city not in Somalia. WOOW. I know some u guies will down play it but this big that U.S. official is stating this city Hargeisa that Aministy was in was not in Somalia woow.

Fabregas   

Yates used that as a get out clause to deny the validity of the massacres commited by the TPLF. Of course, some will see that as a cause for celebration( talk about opportunism).