Sign in to follow this  
BOB

From Serial Killer To Spitting Cobra.

BOB   

He was known as "The Serial Killer" because of his predatory instincts in the box and his ability to score goals from any angle, then came the 2002 world cup where he performed majestically and made all of us (Africans) proud, he was voted into the all star team of the world cup and we thought he would go on to emulate the great George Weah by becoming the only second African player to ever win the World Player of The Year award.

He joined Liverpool with whopping 10 million pounds from Lens of France and that is when the nightmare began for one of the greatest players that ever came from this beautiful continent known as AFRICA, with millions of kids looking up to him as their idol and hero and anxiously waiting to see their hero dribble past his opponents and score the sort of goals that we used to see him score for the Taranga Lions when he led them to world cup from a group that contained such heavy weights like Egypt, Morocco and Algeria.

We heard rumors that our hero was ill disciplined party animal who loved the bottle that contained the most lethal poison, I am talking about the legal poison called Alcohol and slowly his performance and self confidence went out of the window and then came Gerard Houlier's cold comments when he was sacked and said his biggest mistake was paying 10 million pounds for the services of the most unprofessional player that he has ever worked with and that is no mean feet coming from a manager of Houlier's statue.

I saw a picture of him leaving a nightclub with a cute blonde in his arms and the time read (03:25 am) and what bothered me most was Liverpool had a game on the next evening against Birmingham City.

I read an article in one of the countless sports magazines we have here in Africa where the columnist referring to him as (The Drunken Master) named after one of Jackie Chan's karate flicks and from that day on that journalist never called him his real name and last night I watched the same journalist calling him (The Spitting Cobra).

In case if you are wondering who the heck I am talking about, ladies gentlemen I am talking about none other than the twice African Footballer of the Year, El Hadji Diouf.

From Serial Killer To Spitting Cobra. :D:D .

Peace, Love & Unity.