Sign in to follow this  
Najmo

Why Some Arab/African Countries so Poor, yet so Rich

Najmo   

Question to everyone.

The richer the country the more it is dependent on Western country. Why do you think that is?

Some examples are African Nations such as Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Saudi, UAE and many others are richer then any Western country, yet they fail to be less dependent to the West.

It beggs the question, why do Arabs and Africans venerate i mean idolize Western? could the origins of this dependency be from this weird facination to the West.

For centuries, it has done more harm then good, dectators from Africa and Mid East are brought to the West to be trained to dectate their own pple and oppress them from the rich cababilities the society could have with their countries natural resources, rather then liberate them with their so called education from western universities.

Wors, it is a cycle, one dictator dies, another one is born to replace the old regime, and damn the same pple who created the old regime create the new one, if one dictator refuses to comply, what happens? the western country who helped put him to power calls the same person a terrorist, why i am sure you know why.

The problem to me seems deeper then that, when I observed Africans or Arabs, I see a very prominent adoration given to a White or a Western person compared to that given to an Arab or worst Africans.

In Egypt, Egyptians treat everyone terrible except Saudis and White poeple. don't tell me it is money, it has something to do with it but it is not the main reason because that white person could be a red neck, who has no money and no special ranking yet to the eyes of Egyptian he seems so important. Because the mere idea of being White symbolizes wealth, damn could you be more stupid. It pisses me off that he treats his brother less then that he treats a Westerner.

My question is, do you think this is a chronic disease that we created by these poor societies or by the West, if so instead of blaming the West to everything give a concrete example why you think the way you think?

Ciao!

LadyMo   

I think its because the people of the west have always wanted a warmer 2nd home if u kno wat I mean.

I mean obviously they wouldnt give all this money to sum1 without gettin anythin in return for it. The Western world only seem to deal wiv countries dat have loads of raw materials still untouched or in de early process of unleashin it. Dat way they can get better deals & discounts once its out of the ground and they will provide sum machinery and that way they'll be seen as heros 4eva and will be respected like no other!

I agree its horrible to see Arabs treatin their fellow Arabs wivout the respect they need and then treat the white man like he's some kind of king or something but dats life and I dont think its something dats about to change just overnight.

But since dis war on Iraq or the so-called Liberation of Iraqi ppl began the white mans status has dramatically slipped in de Islamic world and much of the rest too. & trust me Syria or Sudan or other Islamic countries like dat are definetely gona be next. Mark my word. Bush wont rest until he has control ova de 'Arab' world and not before he has his puppets as rulers of all de countries dat pose a 'RISK' (yeah rite!) to the rest of the world!

I only wish our fellow African countries whom hav de means could spread their money around a little better not necessarily to other countries but at least among themselves coz its those 'rich' African and Arab countries whom also have de poorest people among them! Coz the rich are FILTHY RICH and the poor well u kno wat they are (livin dead).

Rokko   

Well, Najmo it's nice you brought this question...and ama try to give what I think causes this problems...

well, there are two vital things which those rich but poor nations are missing. First, well established educational system and secondly, honest Government created by the people for the people..

To misconstrue of what i mean by this, since citizenz of that nation have no education, they won't be able to work and make money off from the resources..and also cuz of luck of education, government can mislead and dictate them forever with the support of those interested in resources. So, those from outside with skilzz are gonna benefit from it.

So, not only will that countr's peepz will depend on outside as when it comes workers in high paying jobs, but also the government will depend on them. Those western nations who are sucking the oil dont' mind what kinda treatment people get ova there till, the dictator doesn't listen..nam'ean..just like Sadaam..lol and it's true ain' it.

I gotta add this though, we all know that kinda stereotype na'mean..when someone studies aboard, he/she is way smarter than anyone else na'mean. Honestly, I think he/she maybe more educated, but dont' think is smarter than any Nomad back home. It's all the given chance and opportunity u know.

shyhem   

Those problems have nothing to do with the west.how one Egyptian treats another has nothing to do with white pple or the west in general.

The so called arabs or africans lack confidence in themselves or may say they have low self esteem and part of it comes from the fact that,unlike the west they have not invented anything useful for the last two centuries epecially in the electronic field and to some extent military technology(air superiority)

There are also many other factors that contribute to the above problem eg corruption,inexperience epecially how the world actually works or how gov'ts are run in the west or in developed nations,illiteracy,ignorance and lack of good communication skill in the country in general.Both the gov'ts and citizens of this countries lack the skills necessariry to portray agood image of themselves to the rest of the world or to they fellow country men.

Originally posted by Najmo:

Question to everyone.

My question is, do you think this is a chronic disease that we created by these poor societies or by the West, if so instead of blaming the West to everything give a concrete example why you think the way you think?

Ciao!

Hi Najmo.

I think the WEST is partly to blame for whats happening in these failing countries that they have once colonized. It was them who came into communities that have lived together for hundreds of yrs, and created borders between them. The west has sucessfuly used divide and conquer, and clan enmities among other tactics to undermine a whole societies. You dont have to look further than Somalia, just look at the mess we are in now.

Matkey   

"Now Education will group people under interests ie environmentalists, scientists, economists. etc"

I understand your point. But how would these change the human behaviour? What i mean is that we have many "educated" people in Africa, and yet our condition has not changed for the better.

These so-called educated people are the ones who perpetuate our existing economic and political conditions. attaining PhDs from academy of higher learning will not make someone a good human being. I agree the fact that schools train and teach students add, subtract, literature, and so on. It also teaches to obey the rule of law, and rule of good behaviour. But what rule of law are we talking about? If you remember, my first argument was to disengage from western ideology. Then how would someone who is educated in western Hampshire can build or construct ideology that suits our social structure? Western education is set up to fit their own structure. In other words, western education system promotes western political system or I should say ideology. As I stated, I am oppose to capitalism ideology. Besides, for the dominant group or class, school has become tool to control society. What imean is that only few corporate people benefits from this system, while masses are drawn in the factories, hard labors and so on. We do not have social stratification in Africa where the rich exploit the poor. Unarguably, we have tribal and ethnic conflict in africa. I said it before; we never had historical antagonism in Africa. As you know Somalis are the generous people—what I have is yours. We like to help the others despite their tribes. We are not individualistic people driven by material world unlike the westerns. As we all know these societies measure everything on the basis of dollar values, rather human values. They basically use Hobbsian and Machiavellian approach in order to survive. This is why I strongly argued that their survival depends on our state of dependency. Also I am not insinuating that everyone who is educated in this part of the world had failed to recognize the root cause of our problem. But I have seen many africans who were brain washed or indoctrinated by this system, and all they do is critizise africa for its problem. All we need is some tolerance and respect and sense of belonging society as whole rather than qabiil. I believe this is not something people gain from schools and universities. It is intrinsic to humans. I have seen PhD holder talking about QABIIL—aniga ayaa gob ah iyo adig waa lagaa tira badan yahay, reerkeena wa libaaxyo and so on.

I am receptive to your ideas.

Peace to you all

Matkey

mojam   

it's called neo-colinalism. Africa and the Arab world are not independent nations when it comes to their economy.