Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Twisted Vingeance - and the imbecile Afgarooc

Twisted Vingeance

On Jan 26 Buurmadow was arrested by police officers, led by the Somaliland police commander Mr. Ige, from the Hargaisa Club hotel where he was staying. Court charged that Buurmadow had committed “Qaran Dumis” threat to national security. It is now six weeks since Buurmadow, the prominent traditional leader, was arrested and jailed. Efforts by the mass to free him have proven to be in vain.

The arrest and jailing of Boqor (King) Buurmadow of Sanaag, is the latest episode in an ongoing political vingeance that is increasingly threatening the rule of law and our new emerging democracy in Somaliland . Riyale has been rolling back the clock since he took power two years ago. This was demonstrated last year by the killings of Dr. Anatolia and Briton couples and continues to manifest itself in the arresting of opposition party members and a prominent tradional leader, Boqor Buurmadow.

In a democratic society like ours, i t is only natural that everyone not become a leader. For the first time this natural law is been broken, and we are reaping the consequences.

Since he rigged the election, Riyale has been engaging malicious activities including deciet, systmatic manipulation and overt vengeance to suppress the internal opposition. He appointed incompetent cabinate ministers who are wrecking virtually every institution we have built so far. This new course of action will undermine our democracy and will trivialize our nation. As long as dictatorship and corruption exists in Somaliland , democracy cannot flourish. And as long as the ruling power suppresses and oppresses freedom of speech, Somaliland cannot move forward. Oppression only breeds more resistance, it’s a proven law, and if you have any doubts ask Afweyne. Maybe will answer you from his grave.

Riyale has been using the only book he knows how to read. The book Afweyne drafted to opress the people. The CID book. In it Riyale is the judge, the presecutor and public defender, while his Jackels are jailing and opperssing the people. I am very disappointed, but what have amzed me the most is that the land of the poets i.e Tima Cade, Xaaji Adan Afqalooc, Hadraawi, to name a few, have chosen this inarticulate “Afgarooc” incompetent and introverted person as their leader.

If it’s done right, history teaches us that wars are fought either to preserve or to gain certain values. We overthrow the dictatorship of Afweyne and created what we have out thin air, restored our values not to replace it with just yet another uglier dictatorship. Riyale has to recognize that we are still here and our wounds are still fresh. And as a survivor of the Ceel Afweyn Massacre, I will not allow to sit back and watch in one disastrous incident after another. I love Somaliland, fought for it’s most fundamental interest, FREEDOM and will alsways uphold that fundamental interest because there is no higher purpose than that. This is not a threat, it’s a promise.

Ibrahim S. Yusuf-Bulay

Potland, OR USA

ibrahim_bulay@yahoo.com