Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

SOMALIA: Saudi beheading of Somalis grossly unfair Amnesty says

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

By all means, protest, campaign and remonstrate against what you perceive to be a total miscarriage of justice, saaxib. However, you need to do it sensibly and responsibly.

Tell me how sxb. So far am part and parcel of organising mass demo infront of Saudi Embassy's in Western capital cities and presenting a letter of protest signed by thousands of Somalis to these Embassy's. I'm also responsive and willing to listen to other ideas so please tell me of a more sensible and responsible way to register my anger and protest which I share with you ofcourse and other Somalis..thanx..

NGONGE   

^^^ So many points to reply to, so little time! Let us get the offensive bits out of the way first.

As for me being vulgar mr.NGONGE, one must communicate with another in a language they understand…wouldn’t u agree?

The language I used seems to have failed here! Do you mean to say that you were ranting and wailing?

You too have a thing for stating the obvious eh? There injustice taking place from Guatanamo bay to baidao. What makes you think I don’t care about these just as much? I would have loved to quote the Quran and show you where it says, if we witness any injustice/wrong doing, we are asked to voice against it (but I cant since I’m at work n religious sites are blocked!...maybe you should research and reflect on that?)

You needn’t quote the Quran here (or the Hadith for that matter). For you have NOT witnessed an injustice, you merely were informed of a supposed one (not even second hand information).

I take it that you have the complete information then NGONGE? Please share since you’re reacting as well. With regards to this particular case, there just isn’t enough information and that’s the primary reason so many people feel injustice has taken place. The whole thing was done and dealt with in complete murkiness.

That’s really below your usual standards of discourse, Amethyst! My information is as good as yours. The difference being, I’m withholding judgment until I’m furnished with the whole facts, while you’re allowing yourself to be carried away with the rabble. Do you always make judgments based on incomplete information passed on by ultra sensitive individuals? There is a big difference between suspecting foul play and Knowing that it took place, wouldn’t you say? Based on that, would you say your views are balanced?

I sympathise with those situations and if I were in a forum they were discussing it, would say so. What you fail to realize is that, its natural to be feel more connected to people of your own nationally/tribe/family and that “connection†strengthens as you go further down in the relationship hierarchy. I don’t even understand why you cited these examples (‘cept in the last one). They serve no purpose in your unconvincing argument.

On the contrary, my dear! I realise and understand why people are “upset†about this situation. My examples were given to show you similar upsetting situations and people’s reactions to them (or rather overreaction). They’re all instances of moral panic. Such instances never deal with facts, full information or the “big pictureâ€; they only deal with the perceived injustice, very self-indulgent if you don’t mind me saying.

Your constant reference to issues that may or may not carry sentimental value to some as “wailing†is just plain offensive. This is a forum – primary objective being discussing issues. No1 is “wailingâ€, merely voicing their opinions. It’s the only thing you can do here. It would be foolish for you to assume this is all that is done. And about pointing fingers – no response necessary.

Heh. The intention was not to offend, though as you already know, should one be offended by my words, there is nothing I could do to stop them. You speak about voicing opinions as if all of these opinions were balanced and reasonable. Emotionally driven and sentimental opinions are nothing short of wailing, Amethyst.

Wonder in silence or enquire are your only options eh? What about saying what I think? Do you have something against people voicing their opinions?

This sounds like an angry rant to me. “Saying what I thinkâ€, “ Voicing their opinions†sounds extremely aggressive and sudden, as opposed to wondering (not necessarily in silence) and enquiring, wouldn’t you say?

I have a slight suspicion that you understand my point but, like a rowdy class of pupils that sulk the minute the teacher comes in and calls for silence, you’re being stubborn. :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

By all means, protest, campaign and remonstrate against what you perceive to be a total miscarriage of justice, saaxib. However, you need to do it sensibly and responsibly.

Tell me how sxb. So far am part and parcel of organising mass demo infront of Saudi Embassy's in Western capital cities and presenting a letter of protest signed by thousands of Somalis to these Embassy's. I'm also responsive and willing to listen to other ideas so please tell me of a more sensible and responsible way to register my anger and protest which I share with you ofcourse and other Somalis..thanx..
Nothing to criticise there, saaxib. In fact, I only have envious admiration for your optimism and quick action (though that’s not too hard seeing the ease with which our people ebb and flow).

If there were anything I’d ask for, it would be to know the particulars of this case or at least the Saudi side of this story.

Like I said NGONGE, I don't wail. And for the vulgar, I communicate with a language they understand. "The logic I used seems to have failed here!".

You are right, I have not witnessed it. I have heard of it. And I shall condemn it with equal fervour!

Seems to me like you've taken leave of your commonsense again and arguing for the heck of it. If your only intention is to offend, waa wax yar hadaba. :D

Tolstoy...Thanks! smile.gif (I'll have to read your piece more than once to fully take it in...so I'll be back for it.)

NGONGE   

^^ I already made my point. Time to take Tolstoy's advice and retreat now. But, before I do allow me the pleasure of bringing a smile to your face. :D

"We believe that the comprehensive concept of human rights should be based on the realization that human communities have special characteristics, cultures, beliefs and religions, which must be acknowledged and respected. The Kingdom respects this international norm and adheres to the noble objectives that call for the protection of human rights and preservation of human dignity."

Minister of Commerce Osama Faqih delivering Kingdom's statement

to Earth Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa, September 3, 2002.

In May 2003, Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal announced King Fahd's approval for the establishment of an independent human rights organization in Saudi Arabia. In October 2003, the Kingdom held a human rights conference entitled ‘Human Rights in Peace and War’. The conference concluded with the issuance of the 'Riyadh Declaration' which states that respect for human life and dignity is the foundation of human rights; that a human being deserves respect, regardless of race, color or sex; that violation of human rights is a crime deserving severe punishment; that to hold a human being in custody without legal basis is forbidden by Islamic laws; that disregard for privacy and property rights is a violation of human rights; and that tolerance of faith is required by Islam, which also prohibits coercing people to follow a certain religion.

Source

:D:D