Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

A Clarification of Doubts Concerning the Life of Shaykhul-Islaam Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul

Hibo   

A Clarification of Doubts Concerning the Life of Shaykhul-Islaam Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab

[based upon the book: Refutations of the Allegations of Those Opposed to the Movement of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab]

1010 Weston Rd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6N 1S3

Phone (416) 761-9845 FAX (416) 761-9027

Visit http://www.troid.org Email dawah@troid.org

Some of the enemies of the Salafee Da‘wah have claimed that Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab broke away from the Ottoman Caliphate, and thus departed from majority in disobedience.

Ibn Afaaliq describes the tawheed of the followers of the Salafee Da‘wah as such:

"As for their tawheed, then it includes going against Muslims…and this is disbelief and not tawheed ."

Addressing them, ‘Umar al-Mahjoob said:

"…and you have fallen into disobedience."

Ibn ‘Aabideen in his commentary described the followers of this da‘wah as Khawaarij, and that was under the chapter of " The wrong-doers (al-Bughaat)", and they are the ones who go against the obedience of the Imaam without a true (proof). [1]

Dahlaan claims that the followers of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab:

"…have departed the majority." [2]

Az-Zahaawee as well, claims that they are notorious for:

"…deserting the obedience of Ameerul-Mu’mineen".

Many of the enemies of the da‘wah described the Shaykh and his followers as Khawaarij, because one of the attributes of Khawaarij is that they go against the Imaam of Muslims, and they become disobedient as soon as they observe some sins of this Imaam that are far below Major Disbelief.

And this is illustrated with what al-Amlee claims. He says:

"The Khawaarij have made the fighting of the Kings of Muslims and going against them permissible… So did the Wahhaabiyyah."

The author of the book "A summary of the History of Arabs" includes a chapter in his book titled "The Uprising of the Wahhaabiyyah against the obedience".

‘Abdul-Qadeem claim that the upcoming of Wahhaabism was one of the reasons behind the fall of the Caliphate, he says:

"The Wahhaabiyyah founded a state within the Islaamic State under the leadership if Muhammad Ibn Sa‘ood and then his son ‘Abdul-‘Azeez. England supported them with weapons and money, and based on ideology they have thrust forward to conquer Islaamic lands that were under the control of the Sultaan, in other words they have raised the sword in the face of the Caliph and killed the Islaamic Army, the army of Ameerul-Mu’mineen (Leader of the Faithful) by means of instigation and support from the English."

And before starting to answer the claim of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab’s revolt against the Caliph, it is appropriate to mention what the Shaykh believed of the creed that necessitates the obedience to the Imaam of Muslims, regardless of whether they are dutiful or wrong-doers, unless they order a disobedience of Allaah, for obedience (to them) is only for things that are good.

The Shaykh says in his letter to the people of Qaseem:

"And I believe in the obligation of submitting and being obedient to the Imaams of Muslims, the dutiful of them as well as the wrong-doers of them, as long as they don't order a disobedience of Allaah, and the person who is responsible for Khilaafah; he whom the people have gathered around and accepted, and he who has forced his way to become Caliph as well, his obedience is obligatory and revolting against him is unlawful (haraam)."

He also says:

"The third source: To make our gathering complete we have to listen to and obey those who rule us, even if it was an Abyssinian slave, and Allaah has explained this to us fully in various forms of explanations, legislative and destined, and then this foundation became to be unknown to a lot of those who claim to have knowledge, never mind practicing it."

In answering such claims, an integral question needs to be answered: Was Najd, the home of this movement, under the control of the Ottoman Khilaafah?

Dr. Saalih al-‘Ubood answers:

" In general, Najd did not witness the sovereignty of the Ottomans, for their power did not reach it, nor their governors, nor at any time preceding the lifetime of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab did a Turkish flag rise in it. What proves this reality is reading through the managerial divisions of the Ottomans. A treatise by Yameen ‘Alee Afandee (who was the treasurer of the Haqqaanee book in the year (1018H), corresponding to 1609) titled "The laws of the Ottoman/ the contents of the book of Deewaan", reveals that starting with the eleventh Hijree century, the Ottoman Khilaafah split into thirty two distinct divisions (iyala), fourteen of each are Arabic, and Najd is not included in those, except for al-Ihsaa, if we were to consider it to be part of Najd.."

Dr. ‘Abdullaah al-‘Uthaymeen says:

"Prior to the upcoming of the call of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab, Najd was not under the direct dominion of Ottomans, nor did it witness any sovereignty from within. Banee Jabr, Banee Khaalid, and the Shareefs were not sovereign, and civil strife between the tribes of Najd was the norm."

Dr. Aajil al-Nashmee says:

"The Khilaafah did not pay attention to Najd and the neighbouring territories. This policy may be attributed to the vastness of Najd, on one side, and on the other side the presence of the tribal fragmentation."

What proves that the position of the Shaykh was fine, and that the Shaykh did not hesitate as to the fact that his movement is not related to the Khilaafah is the letter sent to Faadil al-Mazeed, the ruler of the Syrian desert:

" This thing that they have disapproved of me, that they hated me for and created enmity between me and them for; if they ask any scholar in Syria or Yemen and others, they will say this is the truth and it is the religion of Allah and His Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). However, I cannot make it public in my area because the state does not approve of it, and Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab managed to because the ruler in his area did not disapprove of it, rather when he knew the truth he followed it."

As for "Zuloom's" claim that the movement of the Shaykh was one of the reasons behind the fall of the Khilaafah, and that the English helped the Wahhaabees to achieve this cause, then Muhammad Mahdee al-Istanboolee answers this flat allegation:

"It was incumbent on this author to support his view with proofs, and in the past the poet said: If the allegations were not based on their proofs/with texts, then it is a proof of foolishness.

To the contrary, History reveals that those English were opposed to this movement from the beginning, fearing a re-awakening of the Islaamic World."

Al-Istanboolee also says:

"It is strange, both amusing and saddening, that this author accuses the movement of the Shaykh of being one of the causes behind the fall of the Ottoman Khilaafah. It is needless to say that this movement was founded in the year 1811, and the Khilaafah was destroyed in the year 1922."

And what proves that the English were against the Wahhaabee movement is that they have sent Captain Forster Saddler to congratulate Ibraaheem Pasha on the victory he gained over the Wahhaabiyyah- referring to the war in Dar‘iyyah-, and to confirm also how inclined he is to cooperate with the British Act against the Wahhaabee piracy in the Arabian Gulf (The most aggressive attacks/ kidnapping of the Royal British vessels that roamed in the Gulf and the Indian Ocean carrying the treasures of India to the empress was carried by well known Wahhaabee centres on the Gulf coast- which until as recent as the fifties was referred to on international maps as the pirates coast- such as Sharjah and Raasul-Khaymah.)

Moreover this letter stated clearly the intention of the British government to create an agreement with Ibraaheem Pasha with the goal of annihilating the Wahhaabee control.

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Mandthoor an-Nawmaanee says:

"The English have used the position in India that opposed Shaykh Muhammd Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab in order to throw anybody who opposed them with the label "Wahhaabee" And as such the English called the scholars of Deoband, India - Wahhaabiyyah due to their open opposition to the English"

Rather the priest Zuimer mentioned that the Wahhaabiyyah in India do not expose their beliefs because call for Jihaad against the English was ascribed to them.

Footnotes:

[1] Haashiyah Ibn-‘Aabideen (4/262).

[2] ad-Durarus-Sunniyyah fir-Radd ‘alal-Wahhaabiyyah (pg. 23)

Kowneyn   

Rahiima:

First I would not be talking about your so-called sheikh and the corrupt Saudi Regime that sponsors his rebellious hypocrisy against Allaah and his rasuul scws if they were not a disease within the ummaah that is eating it from within. They are enemy within and it is a duty of muslim to expose them. But the choice remains yours wether to accept or reject our efforts.

You have mentioned Najd(the region that this ideology originated from). Amazingly the rasuul told exactly about the fitna to arise from this region.

The Prophet said, Peace be upon him:

"O Allah, bless our Syria and our Yemen!" They said: "Ya Rasulallah, and our Najd!" He didn't reply. He blessed Syria and Yemen twice more. They asked him to bless Najd twice more but he didn't reply. The third time he said: "There [in Najd] are the earthquakes and the dissensions, and through it will dawn the epoch [or horn] of shaytan."

Hadith 2:

"A people that recite the Qur'an will come out of the East [Najd is east of medina], but it will not go past their throats. Every time a generation of them is cut down another one will come until the last one finds itself on the side of the Antichrist."

Hadith 3:

On the authority of al-`Abbas: "A man will come out of the Wadi Abu Hanifah [in Najd] (whose appearance is) like a bull that lunges against its yoke. There will be much slaughter and killing in his time. They will make the possessions of Muslims lawful for themselves and for trade among themselves. They will make the lives of Muslims lawful for themselves and for boasting among themselves. In that confusion the despised and the lowly will attain positions of power. Their idle desires will keep company with them the way a dog keeps company with its master."

Kowneyn

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum akhi,

The Najd mentioned in the hadiths is the one of Iraq (agreed upon by most scholars), so i guess that excludes Shaykhul-Islam Muhammed ibn abdulwahab.

Anyway to you is your opinion and to me is mine.

w/salaam wr wb

[This message has been edited by Rahiima_as-Somaali (edited 03-24-2002).]

Kowneyn   

Its perhaps the most ridiculous suggestion to suggest that Iraq is Najd. The Najd of today is that of the time of the rasuul scws. Allaah preserved the name so there is no doubt. The same tribes that inhabited at the time of the rasuul inhabit it today.

These tribes were the once who produced and supported the prophethood of Musaylima The Lier. Who believed that he was a co-messenger with the rasuul scws. The campaign to put down his rebellion was among the costliest undertaken by the ummaah because these pple were so fanatical in their stupidity; not unlike the adamant fools that propagate wahhaabism today.

In fact, Wahhabism is the resurgence of the spirit of that evil and rebellious pple. After Allaah gave them wealth and victory in this day and age to spread their mischeif they have proven beyond any doubt their evil instinct and inclination to hypocrisy.

They continue to hold the view that they hold a special position in Islam as musaylima did and therefore are arrogant enough to dislodge the family of the rasuul which the prophet commanded us to hold on to along with quran so that we dont go astray from their position in Islam. Similarly they spread with venomous lies about the awliya and saalixiin who are the spiritual inheritors of the rasuul so that they could replace them and build a kingdom based on hypocrisy .

Well their honeymoon is over and their dynasty will fall inshallaah very soon. The true light of Islam will shine again and will reign over darkness of today is world walaw karrihal kaafirun.

Kowneyn

Hibo   

konwayn for alaah's sake leave the sheikh alone, he was your muslim brother, wish him for the best. forget about he was spy and that crab, cause he was not none of that, i'm glad what he did, if he was not him who knows maybe today we would have been visiting the graves, and doing all that shirk. may Alaah bless him and make janatul firdowsa his home.

Kowneyn   

The prophet scws said who ever visits my grave with all the right intentions I will certainly intercede for him.

According to the shafi madhab which is one of the four madhabs that make up ahlul sunna wa jamaaca and which all somalis belong to, Its recommended that the graves of awliya should be especially marked so it can be visited. The reason is because the spirit of person has a special connection at that spot and its recommended that one visit around casr prayer time because the connection is strongest at that time.

Because of shortsighted, dim-witted, hypocritical wahhabis and their equally foolish fanatics there are more muslims visiting the graves of the Pharoahs (the pyramids etc..,) and the site of evil spirits than the saints of ALLAAH.

I wish I could visit the graves of every prophet and wali so I can express my love for them and so I could benefit from the light Allaah bestows on his obedient creatures whom he chooses and loves and who love him.

Kowneyn

Kowneyn   

The prophet scws said who ever visits my grave with all the right intentions I will certainly intercede for him.

According to the shafi madhab which is one of the four madhabs that make up ahlul sunna wa jamaaca and which all somalis belong to, Its recommended that the graves of awliya should be especially marked so it can be visited. The reason is because the spirit of person has a special connection at that spot and its recommended that one visit around casr prayer time because the connection is strongest at that time.

Because of shortsighted, dim-witted, hypocritical wahhabis and their equally foolish fanatics there are more muslims visiting the graves of the Pharoahs (the pyramids etc..,) and the site of evil spirits than the saints of ALLAAH.

I wish I could visit the graves of every prophet and wali so I can express my love for them and so I could benefit from the light Allaah bestows on his obedient creatures whom he chooses and loves and who love him.

Kowneyn

Kowneyn   

Kowneyn

Kowneyn   

Kowneyn

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb,

Bulo, jazaakum Allahu khayran walaal smile.gif. BTW, i added you wink.gif

Kowenyn, akhi it seems this is just the thrill of the chase for you, if you know what i mean.

Brother, it might be that you don't know all there is to know about the world. Let me just be nice and inform you, there is a place by the name of NAJD in Iraq, so the scholars of Islam say that the najd mentioned in the hadith concerning the fitnah is the one situated in Iraq. Now if your claiming to have more knowledge than the scholars, then you have truly baffled me.

What bulo meant by visiting the graves, is that many "muslims" visit them in a manner not set out in the sunnah and hence commit shirk. LIKE VISITING THE GRAVES OF THE "AWLIYA" AND ASKING THEM FOR AID, when it is only Allah that can help us.

Anyway forget it akhi, we disagree, leave it at that. I guess we will all see on the day of judgement.

Kowneyn   

Rahiima

I can tell that u suffer from a serious case of wahhabism by the way u have put qoutation marks around the word muslims and also the word awliya.

Thanks for informing that there is a place called Najd (meaning an elevated place) in iraq. Do me one more favor and look at a map locate madina then point east and see if u hit Iraq lol.

There are many hadith that clarify that the Najd meant is the famous Najd of old and today...not some obsecure spot in Iraq. I gave u three hadith for example one mentions Najd by name, the second mentions its direction--east, the third mentions an identifying landmark (wadi hanifa). Then again I know one of the prominent symptom of wahhabi syndrome is defective reasoning. But only if they were not so arrogant and envious they might have learned some wisdom.

If u wish we can clarify further so there is no doubt that the Najd of the hadith is the real Najd lol--which abdulwahhaab and the ibn saud hail from.

Kowneyn

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb,

Typical, akhi this is why i said in the begining there is no point. Neither you or I are benefiting from this, so inshallah it will be best if we bring it to an end.

But before i do, let me just clarify that I do not deny that there are awliya of Allah for then i would be denying the word of Allah, Quran. The purpose of puting the word in quotation marks was to indicate the way i respect them and the way some others might would be different. Alxamdullilah i do not worship them or ask aid from them. I believe in "iyaaka nacbudu wa iyaaka nastaciin".

May Allah guide and forgive us all.

w/salaam

Kowneyn   

Rahiima:

It might not benefit you; perhaps its too late and the Wahhabi virus has overwhelmed you. However, Its my sincere that pple who are not aware of what wahhabism is and stands will be better informed. Its my wish to contribute to the correct understanding of the NICMA that is Islam.

I dont expect reward from you or anyother person. Its enough that Allaah what is in my soul and that which I abhor and that he knows my intentions for muslims and the ummaah.

I understand now by your explanation why u put quotation marks around the word awliya. Now can u explain why the quotes around the word muslims also? Is it also because u respect the muslims who visit the graves of prophets and saints...which yesteryears was practically the whole ummaah

Kowneyn

Samafal   

Subhaanalaah, kowney you are one misleaded person.....these hadiths you mention are all towards to ''khawaarijs'' who are the people who killed Uthman bin affan and that is all clear between all major scholars of islam and please do not mix your hate to present saudid and the sheikh mohamed abdi wahab , a sincere person who leaded muslims to right path when they needed most, the time when muslims went to the graves and asked help instead of allah almighty.

visting graves and praying for them forgiveness is permited and rewarding in islam but going and asking them help!!!no!!!NO!!!complete shirk and we know what allah said about shirk.

may allah show you the light and us.

Kowneyn   

Yacquob:

Allaah and those who he has blessed with knowledge, UNDERSTANDING, INSIGHT AND WISDOM, know best who is rightly guided between u and me.

This and threads like it present succinct facts and analysis; and if such intellectually dishonest blanket statement as "all scholars agree..." is all you have to add to it, you are waisting my time and yours.

Lets take for example one of the three hadith I presented: "A people that recite the Qur'an will come out of the East [Najd is east of medina], but it will not go past their throats. Every time a generation of them is cut down another one will come until the last one finds itself on the side of the Antichrist."

Name a scholar that says this hadith relates only to khawarijis. When its clear that this region will give rise to not one generation but several... the last one will find itself siding with dajjaal (dajjaal being the phenomenon of the last hour).

When you consider the many hadith and the facts on the ground in this day and age the only thing left is for a big "Beware" sign to be put over Najd.

However, if you still claim a reformer has come in the form of a sheikh from Najd then no point in further discussion, since you have chosen your path. My discussion are meant to make muslims aware of the facts and the choice is theirs.

Kowneyn