Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Williams VS Klitschko - The Fight for the world heavyweight title

Muhammad   

_40555827_kiltschko_williams_203.jpg

Klitschko . . . v . . . .Williams

are you guys planning to watch the fight tommorow night?

- You guys better support your Muslim Brother (Williams) ;)

-----

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/boxing/story/0,10146,1371190,00.html

Williams happy to be heaviest

Challenger says he's big and fast

Press Association

Friday December 10, 2004

Danny Williams insists he has not compromised his speed after weighing in at a record-equalling 19st 4lbs for tomorrow's world heavyweight title clash with Vitali Klitschko in Las Vegas.

The Brixton man scaled the same as Primo Carnera had weighed for his 1934 fight against Tommy Loughran and will enter the ring one stone and six pounds heavier than the champion, who made 17st 12lbs.

Together the pair shattered the combined weight record for a title fight by more than a stone, beating Klitschko's meeting with Lennox Lewis last year.

"I am the strongest I have ever been and you have all seen that despite my weight I have not lost any speed," said Williams, "I feel absolutely tremendous at this weight and very confident. I didn't even notice Klitschko looking at me when we were getting on the scales."

Williams added that he had been conscious of Carnera's place in history and had attempted to beat the record as he seeks to compensate for his opponent's seven-inch height advantage.

"It is disappointing because we worked out who the heaviest ever had been and it was our intention to beat it," joked Williams.

------------

more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4032151.stm

Viking   

Wasn't Klitchko the dude that kept hitting Riddick Bowie under the belt in their heated bouts? He is a very good boxer and Williams will have problems with his long reach. I hope the Muslim brother wins early on without sustaining much injury :D

Haddad   

Originally posted by Viking:

Wasn't Klitchko the dude that kept hitting Riddick Bowie under the belt in their heated bouts?

No, that one is Andrew Golota. His career is plugged with hitting his opponents under the belt.

Viking   

Thanks Haddad. I remember one night when wathcing a Bowie fight (I think against Hollyfield) when a man with a parachute came down and fell on Bowie's pregnant wife. There's no such stuff nowadays, no biting off the oppenent's ears, no crowds fighting and no 20 second TKO's :D

Danny Williams was beaten badly last night :(

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Viking:

Danny Williams was beaten badly last night
:(

yeah that was heart-breaking!

Insha'Allah he'll get the belt next time!