Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

IGAD Call to blockade Somali Islamists

Liqaye   

Somalia's neighbours have called for the UN to impose a "no-fly zone" and a port blockade to prevent Islamist forces obtaining weapons.

The emergency meeting of the Igad grouping also called for sanctions to be imposed on Eritrea, which denies charges it arms Islamist forces.

A BBC correspondent says officials hope the naval task force off the Somali coast could enforce the blockade.

Islamists have gained ground recently and control much of the south.

The Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (Igad) said the Islamist-controlled ports of Kismayo and Merca should be subject to a blockade "to prevent the further in-flow of arms and foreign fighters".

Humanitarian flights would be allowed to continue despite the proposed no-fly zone, the Igad statement said after a meeting in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.

Several countries have sent warships to the Indian Ocean after a spate of attacks by Somali pirates.

SOMALI CRISIS

map

3m need food aid - a third of the population

1m fled their homes

No government since 1991

Somali justice - Islamist-style

Somalia has been subject to a UN arms embargo for many years but weapons are still freely available in the Mogadishu weapons market.

In addition to Eritrea, analysts say that weapons also reach Somalia from Yemen.

Islamist forces attacked an African Union peacekeeping base overnight, leading to two hours of fierce fighting in the capital, Mogadishu.

The BBC's Mohammed Olad Hassan in the city says many shells fell in residential areas and at least three civilians were killed, including a six-year-old child.

The Western-backed government only controls parts of the capital and a few pockets of territory elsewhere.

Some 4,000 AU peacekeepers are in the city, backing up the administration of moderate Islamist President Sheikh Sherif Sheikh Ahmed.

A recent upsurge in fighting has forced some 43,000 people to flee their homes in less than two weeks, the UN says.

Islamist fighters on Sunday seized the strategic town of Jowhar.

On Tuesday, eyewitnesses told the BBC that Ethiopian troops had returned to Somalia, four months after leaving.

They had helped government forces oust Islamists from Mogadishu in 2006 but withdrew in January under a UN-brokered peace deal.

Somalia has not had a functioning national government since 1991 and years of fighting have left some three million people - a third of the population - needing food aid.

bbc.com

Kashafa   

I was going over these ayahs earlier and I noticed how they described those who seek protection, succor, and strength from the Antarnashanal Kaamoonity while harbouring hatred and nifaaq in their hearts towards their Somali-Muslim brethren.

4_138.gif

4_139.gif.

4_144.gif

Sadaqallahu wa man axsanu minallahi qeelaa. Were Shaykh E-Nuri of Soft waano here to give us a detailed lecture on the ayahs above and the clear injunctions against allying yourself with Gaalo against Muslims. No amount of fatwa'ing and Holy Scholar'ing will change the clear-cut meaning of those ayahs. It is clear to anybody who can read Arabic.

Xiin, intaa shaydaanka iska naartid, ayaadahaas kor ku xusan soo aqri, tafseer'keeda na soo baar. Markaas ilaahay oo towbad-keen, waayo qar xun aa saaran tahay, wouldn't wish meesha aa saarantahay on a enemy, yo.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

I was going over these ayahs earlier and I noticed how they described those who seek protection, succor, and strength from the Antarnashanal Kaamoonity while harbouring hatred and nifaaq in their hearts towards their Somali-Muslim brethren.

4_138.gif

4_139.gif

4_144.gif

Sadaqallahu wa man axsanu minallahi qeelaa. Were Shaykh E-Nuri of Soft waano here to give us a detailed lecture on the ayahs above and the clear injunctions against allying yourself with Gaalo against Muslims. No amount of fatwa'ing and Holy Scholar'ing will change the clear-cut meaning of those ayahs. It is clear to anybody who can read Arabic.

Xiin, intaa shaydaanka iska naartid, ayaadahaas kor ku xusan soo aqri, tafseer'keeda na soo baar. Markaas ilaahay oo towbad-keen, waayo qar xun aa saaran tahay, wouldn't wish meesha aa saarantahay on a enemy, yo.

You cannot be serious my dear brother, did you even read the article? Is Eriteria not part of the international community? Isnt Eriteria a predominantly Christian country, ruled by Meles's cousin? How on earth can you go on writing all of this rhetoric about seeking protection with 'gaalo' while ignoring the fact that the Islamists are principally armed by Eriteria? Your refusal to address this key fact really delegitimazes your cause as little more than endless propaganda.

Allah! you even have the audacity to quote qura’anic verses to justify the death and destruction you cause pursuing your selfish goals. I am sorry saaxiib but I don’t believe you and I adhere to the same quran. My quran has clearly articulated preference for nonviolence over violence especially amongst Muslims. My quran does not encourage unnecessary conflict to pursue mechanical retribution. My quran is comprehensive, full of wisdom particularly as it relates to managing the affairs of Ummah. My quran does not view jihad as a goal for whose achievement believers live or die. Rather it’s a mere means. My quran does not teach us to wish for wars to erupt so we can show case our bravery. You are a man who wants to kill and destroy. To a certain degree I am sure you will succeed. It’s not the ways of Allah to allow a sufferer like you to attain tamkiin (if you know what it means) however.

You called the world to come and get you. It’s probable that it will. Don’t cry when it turns up, yaa challenger Kashafa. Ethiopia + jinni + every enemy of Somalia will comeback because of you. Somalia is denied a chance to be peaceful and stable because of you. What you want is to displace and send innocent Somalis to refugee camps until you win.

Priority #1, rid Somalia off alshabaab and whoever behaves like them. Peace making shall take the back seat.

That is E-Soft waano.

Kashafa   

GoldCoast,

I refuse to legitimize your "Ethiopia is arming the TFG and Eritrea is arming the Opposition, so all is fair and equal" baloney. Sorry, pal. Just can't grace that with a response. Eritrea is not arming the Mujahideen. But even if it were, it would be fully justified because both of our interests are in alignment. This does not constitute 'seeking protection' of the Gaalo. Those who are seeking protection of the Gaalo are those who are cowering behind Ugandan Tanks and guiding Ugandan artillery to civilian neighborhoods.

The Sons of Somalia that now control a third of the Somali land mass are a wholly organic, Somali-led, Somali-run, Somali-financed movement. Attempting to drag their name in the mud and charging them with taking orders from Asmara is as much a failure as Sharif Ahmed's 'presidency'(lol).

I'm sure tho that you will concede that the TFG is from it's inception uptil now a Ethiopian project, correct ?

Seriously, yo, you need to come up with better talking points. This one is a non-starter.

Kashafa   

Priority #1, rid Somalia off alshabaab and whoever behaves like them. Peace making shall take the back seat

As I asked Mr. Somali Empire before you: You and what xaninyo? Al-Shabaab is the future, and you, old man, are the dying past, trying to stay relevant by clinging on the coat-tails of Ethiopia, the African Union, and the so-called Beesha Caalam'ka.

Furthermore, to seal your infamy, on a day Ethiopian troops are making their way to Beled-wayne, you have called your Somali-Muslim brethren the enemy. In other words, Ethiopians and Ugandans are less of a danger(actually more like awliyaa) to you than the Mujahideen.

I don't consider you to be my enemy(anymore). I consider you, as I've told you before, a dying breed of the dying past.

My quran has clearly articulated preference for nonviolence over violence especially amongst Muslims. My quran does not encourage unnecessary conflict to pursue mechanical retribution.

Brah, I know you're doing your best to 'sound moderate' and all but there's no need to sell yourself that bad. Your mental, political, and spiritual deterioration is bad enough without seeing you embarrass yourself by (almost) rejecting the concept of jihad in Islam. What, you want a moderate Muslim of the year award for that ?

attain tamkiin (if you know what it means

Oh, I'll raise you one better. I'll give you a pictorial representation of tamkiin:

Somalia_redmap-02022009-norm.jpg

Take a look at that picture, my Islaaxi professional. Have the Islaax/Ikhwaan weaklings ever attained Tamkiin of that magnitude ? Answer the question, abti, stop staring at your feet all of a sudden.

Khaaba ma'waakum. Disgraced in life, waad arki doonta in raali-galinta Gaalo liiban aadan weligaa ku gaaraynin.

Kashafa   

^^ Last refuge of a defeated Islaaxi: Call his opponent a Takfiri. :D

You're losing it, old man.

Note to self: He dodged the tamkiin question. Fulaynimo must be part of his heritage in conjunction with d.h.a.b.o.d.h.i.l.if .n.i.mo.

Actually i did not dodge the tamkiin question, I just dont want to argue with someone who does not undestand it. You view holding few regions in a country in the midst of civil war as a realization of tamkiin. That tells me your poor understanding of the concept.

As for dabadhalifnimo, fulaynimo etc that i consider it the signs of wiil yar oo shiirkiisu u oray.

Bisqin baa nin weyn kugu dirtoon biidna kuu tarine'e

Baaluqa ismood wiil hadduu buuryo goys yahay'e

dont run away from the takfiir label because you are one.

Kashafa   

^^ I'm laughing at that takfiir label because it's a sign on your part of desperation and senility, abti. I'm also laughing because it's the favorite debating weapon of Islaax 'professionals' oo hoosta ka galaan Ethiopia iyo Gaalo oo idil. You're not the first Islaaxi I've debated with :D

Jokes aside tho, xamdulilah, not takfeer, never was takfeer, I am a Somali-Muslim who refuses to be dictated to by the same foreign forces that divided me and my people into 5 colonies way back in 1884. I am of my people, the Somali-Muslims of the Horn of Africa. And I promise you this: This war will not end until you weep bitter tears on the demise of your fifth column Islaaxi philosophy. Your humanitarian posturing is as fake as your approving silence when Ethiopian troops cross the (fake) border or when the Ugandans shell Bakaaraha.

^^lool

that you are takfiri i have no doubt. that you dont know you are takfiri is not surprising. It's very typical.

xarakatul islaax is a great xarakah. so is xarakatul ictizaam (formerly known al itixaad). alshabaab is an offshoot of alqaida. It's clear now. scholars of the land are against it, and it will be marginalized. takfiri movements generally have short lifespan.

I cant blve you are complaining about Ethiopia coming back. I thought that's what you wanted.

kashafa ha baqin, waa lays dili markaan

Kashafa   

^^ Forget about me for a second. I want to hear you say Al-Shabaab is a takfeeri movement as you cowardly insinuated above.

Your answer will determine alot. Do you have the guts to state outright your ugly insinuation ?

Waiting.

^^Yes they are. Just like alqaeda is. It's a fact. Makes it easier for them to blow up buildings in Hargeysa, Moqdishu, and Boosaaso regarless of who is in there or dies as a result.

edit: maxaad ka tiri ya xalluufi saghir? i have 10 minutes. i am waiting...

Kashafa   

^^ A show of guts for once. Brave man. I just wish you'd come out with it earlier.

I assume they became takfiiris once they opposed the Sharif-TFG, but they were, in your words, noble knights of Somalia and the brave boys of Al-Shabaab when they were spilling the blood of Ethiopian troops and TFG-Yey militia ?

Your hypocritical contradictions are amazing. A quick archives search will turn up a multitude of comments of you not only praising Al-Shabaab, but their leaders, and their manhaj as well . Wait, let me guess: You have 'evolved' in your thinking. You've decided to run for the office of Somali liaison to the Mayor of Minneapolis so you've recently discovered the virtues of 'moderation'. :D

Al-Shabaab haven't changed their stance. They fought Yey yesterday(and exiled him) and so they fight Shariif Al-Khabeeth today(and will soon exile him). The man who is guilty of flip-flopping and which the reading audience expects a thorough explanation is you, friend. Geesinimada aa kaga jawaabtay su'aashayda la imow, and give us a explanation.

Lol@xaluufi saghiir, don't know what it means but it sure sounds funny.