Sign in to follow this  
ADNAAN

What do u know about Respect party?

ADNAAN   

Respect is the unity coalition party in the U.K it's a very interesting party lead by George Galloway one of the most controversial politicians in Britain.

They have a very pro migration, anti-war and Islam friendly policies. They also have many muslim candidates who are standing for the general election on the 5th of May, I don't know if it's true or not but a friend was telling me about a somalian guy who is also standing for respect.

I thought I should share with u guys his interesting message so here it's:

http://www.respectcoalition.org/index.php?ite=642

Anywayz share with us ur take on the respect issue whether u think they are worth voting for especially when you have the BNP (British National Party) who is openly racist and when you have Tony on the other hand who still insists on his so called “liberation of Iraq†and you never know where his next stop would be………. could it be Iran or strangely enough could it be Somalia………OUCH :mad:

P.S George Galloway used to be a member of the labour party but due to his strong anti-war views he has been dismised.He is originally from Ireland and as he mentiones in the video cilp his grand parents came to Britain on bare feet. (Hey, I would say they were a genuine refugee in contrast to some of our ppl who came flying :( )

He is also married to a palestinian lady who works as a university lecturer.

NGONGE   

The respect party has created an interesting but futile debate about Muslims and voting in the Western world. Our brothers at Hezb-Et-Tahrir have already gate-crashed one of George Galloway’s speeches and threatened him with death (allegedly).

I’ve had a strange conversation with two Somali residents of the contested borough on Saturday. They pray at different mosques and each was following the line set by his Imam! One Imam apparently told the people in his mosque not to take part in this election and to ignore all the parties (even if they’re fielding Muslim candidates), while the other Imam told followers that there is no harm in voting and that they should do whatever they think will benefit the Muslims in that area!

A logical man would probably choose to participate in this election and hope that his vote would make a difference. A cautious man would probably decide to take the safer option and abstain from voting! A militant will probably go round scaremongering and promising undecided people eternal damnation. While the extremist ‘moderates’ will be trying to convince people that Islam is a religion of fairness and ease and that it should not be allowed to be hijacked by the fundamentalists in our midst! The logical and cautious men will only be relying on their intellect to make a choice; the others will all have proof from the Quran and Sunna!

Who really is right and who is wrong? Is there middle way whereby all could be right? Could they all be wrong?

If this was not enough, the Labour candidate (Ms Oona King) is accusing the Respect Party of spreading vicious rumours about her! Allegedly, some Muslim supporters of that party are informing resident Muslims of her Jewish origin and attempting to dissuade them from voting for her on that basis alone! We’re yet to receive orders from our Salafi, Wahabi, Ahlo-Ul-Sunna-Wal-Jamaaca, Hezb-Ut-Tharir, Muslim-Brotherhood, Mahajroon, Shica or even Al Qaida mentors on how to vote for Jewish members of parliament!

Of course, this whole saga is not that important and the Muslim vote might probably make no difference even if it was cast! The serious problems stem from the fact that Muslims seem to be confused and that many opportunists, dogmatists and well-intentioned individuals are sending out all sorts of conflicting messages to the ordinary people living in that borough.

Such a charade makes one question his own faith. Are we following the correct sect? Are these so-called Mullahs knowledgeable enough or are they bamboozling us all with selective verses from the Quran and Sunna and hoping that we will not notice?

How should one proceed?

Like the topic about shaking hands with strangers, would good intention alone suffice here?

Though the issue is an Islamic one, it’s quite ironic that both candidates contesting this election are not. :D

ADNAAN   

The whole issue of the permissibility of voting under the islamic laws is indeed very confusing for the average muslim in Britain nevertheless its claimed by many that voting constitutes to mushaawara (consultation) and wakala (agency of proxy) which are both part of the sharia. In the case of the al-muhaajiruun and the likes I personally think they are very extreme and sometimes they go as far as questioning whether its halal to stay in this country!! which makes the whole voting issue look trivial.

I doubt if there is any straight forward proofs from the Hadith and the Quran but instead each group is using verses that aren't directly addressing this issue, hence adding more confusion to the subject. (At the end one wonders which sect is on the right path? which obviously can be avoided by doing a little research given that u have some basic knowledge of the deen)

After what happen in France regarding the Hijab i think the muslim vote in Britain is crucial if we are to stay in this country with our muslim teachings preserved.

NGONGE   

(At the end one wonders which sect is on the right path? which obviously can be avoided by doing a little research given that u have some basic knowledge of the deen)

Could it?

N.O.R.F   

I shall not be voting because they can not find me on the system somehow :confused: . I dont know whether to be pleased or concerned :confused:

Blair will remain, Torie will catch up, Libs will lose some ground, Respect will oust Ona King in Bethanl Green.

Last week i was in Stepney, chatting outside the maqaxi (as you do) then George Galloway rolls by in his bus preaching anti war blah blah blah. this stirred up a mini debate aout voting etc amongs many

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote: (At the end one wonders which sect is on the right path? which obviously can be avoided by doing a little research given that u have some basic knowledge of the deen)

Could it?
I might have over estimated the easiness of finding the right sect but the logical way to go about it would be to analyse each Islamic argument separately with all the available quranic and hadith proofs while at the same time exercising caution.

It’s an important issue to discuss yet at the same time very sensitive.

I am not an expert in the deen so by all means feel free to correct.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

The logical and cautious men will only be relying on their intellect to make a choice; the others will all have proof from the Quran and Sunna!

Could one be rational and cautious, yet derive supporting proofs from the Qur’an and Sunna to make a choice?

NGONGE   

Of course they could. However, most of those that hold conflicting arguments yet use proofs from the Quran and Sunna also claim to be rational and cautious!

It’s about time that Islam (or rather the interpretation of it) was reformed. In the past, when groups of people (sects and what have you) were in conflict, those in charge (i.e. the stronger not the more righteous) called the tune. Even in contemporary Islamic history, with places like Iraq where the Sunni’s dominated the Shica; or Bahrain or in Saudi Arabia, those in charge where the ones setting the course to follow. Then there are places like Egypt that suppress and suffocate Islamic movements, which leads to accusation of corruption and cronyism on those that are favoured by the regime (e.g. the great institution that is Al Azhar). I needn't mention Somalia and the rejection of groups such as Al-Itihad.

The question still remains, how does one know which is the correct group to follow when all groups base their arguments on the Quran and Sunna? Do we wait for one to triumph over the rest and then follow the victor? Do we follow the most logical of these groups? What if they confound us with tortuous yet logical arguments? Where would that leave the layman?

Respect party is the party all muslimsand left leaning political supporters should vote as an alternative to Labour. Labour has promised time and time again to make changes and failed. Labour also took this country to war with an islamic nation with the backing of "expert" evidence based on lies. There is a female somali labour campigner i have had the mispleasure of seeing and not only is she ugly but she has also been consumed by BLAIRS lies or maybe its a simple case of her encouraging somalis to vote labour to ensure she gets her caayd and child support maintenance which am sure would be cut or atleast reduced if Howard gets in!

^ Is there any need to slander the lady because of her job? :rolleyes:

So, who did everyone vote for?

I didnt vote, but if I did I would have voted labour. 1) Because I live in a labour constituency. 2) Because I have met and shadowed my MP for a month. 3) Because I liked him. He's decent, funny and has integrity.

Better the devil u know is my motto. :D

Emerald   

Phantas,

I voted Labour (even though i didnt agree with the invasion of Iraq& still don't/ & the top-up fees)... reason being;i don't honestly think that the LibDems will be in 10 Downing street anytime soon, &if i were to vote LibDem then thus the door will be left wide open for the dreadful Tories, call it tactical voting on my part.

N.O.R.F   

Phanta says:

I didnt vote, but if I did I would have voted labour. 1) Because I live in a labour constituency

LOL, not anymore. The tories have got in :D

Notherner said:

Blair will remain, Torie will catch up, Libs will lose some ground, Respect will oust Ona King in Bethanl Green.

I should be a political analyst :D

ps i did not vote but i know of many who voted Labour which was dissapointing :rolleyes:

^ Your looking at the wrong part. My area is still a labour stronghold. The borough is divided into 3 constituencies, and as of this morning, one is a confirmed conservative seat, the other a labour seat and the third hasnt been declared yet.

Also, my job is labour-funded, and since labour has secured its third term, my contract is also secure for another 3 years, Insha'Allah. How wicked is that? I know, I'm a sell-out, but a girl has to look after herself.

PS: Too right you should become a political analyst. You've surely missed ur calling. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^^i havnt missed anything. My prediction was correct to a T!

Labour have lost their majority of 140+ to approx 66, the Tories have made gains all over the place, the Lib Dems have won and lost seats and Ona King has been ousted by Galloway - Raage Omaar reporting last night from Bethanl Green.

Sell-out