Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Fake historians in Somaliland

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Who are the "Somalilanders" who got deragotary remarks? Let us talk undiplomatically. Rer-Hebel?

The 350,000 Somalilanders who made their fortune in Mogadishu since the 1960, and who were subjected to robbing, looting, systemic killing and rape before and after the fall of the Barre regime, the nearly million refugees who fled to Ethiopia at the height of the genocide campaign in Somaliland, the unilateral formation of a provisional governments in Mogadishu that ignored and sidelined the SNM leaders who took arms to liberate their people.

As an awdalite and a proud Somalilander, I think you would find the overwhelmly majority of Somalilanders are happy with the current arrangement in Somaliland. As ever, you find a few opportunist intent on instability who insist on the break-up of Somaliland. I can gladly and proudly tell you, this is an insignificant number. and Whatsmore, contrary to your perception of a Somaliland being a tribal-entity, this is not the facts on the ground!

A&T, I am done talking about this silly topic of yours. Stop the hit and runs on Somaliland or defend your case than jumping around like a TFG member in Abdi-qasim cabinet!

Cheers!

Abtigiis   

And those from the "dictators" clan were spared in Moqdisho my little brother?? Your history is flawed with errors. Actually the Somalilanders passed, mostly, safely to their areas after the fall of Mugdisho. Those who were dumped into the rivers and those who were mutilated (but belonged to the 'ruling clan' are not humans, soo ma aha?

Thankful   

Italian Somaliland and British Somaliland.

Yet one of them calls them selves Somaliland! How can they truly expect to be taken seriously by a single country in the world with a name like that???? That's why the U.S invites them with everyone else, it's only logical if you have trouble with Somalis to invite a place with that name!!! The Italian and British were to tell you who was in control, the Somaliland ment to say who they were colonizing. The whole area was Somaliland Italian and British from top to bottom. Hilarious!!! They want to be seperate but with a name like that, they have linked themselves to Somalia. Can one person tell me why they chose that name?

ok, this is interesting. and please, let us not go down the mud slinging direction.

individually.

MARX with regard to your definition, of "The 350,000 Somalilanders who made their fortune in Mogadishu since the 1960, and who were subjected to robbing, looting, systemic killing and rape before and after the fall of the Barre regime .. "

so do you see this persecution as the integral part of the somaliland identity?

p.s. that was a rebuttal, but an opinion

Xaaji_xundjuf again, your comment is refering back to a struggle, do you agree with Mr Marx's definition - for lack of a better term- as intergral part of your somaliland identity and specifically, what aspect of the struggle do you relate to, in order to form you somaliland identity

JB walaal, such bureaucratic documents are dry and heartless, and for me at least don't convey much about an identity or why we choose to define or relate to it.

If you see that document as your definition of "the" (in the context of the 'our' question i asked) collective somaliland identity, what aspect of it defines a somalilander for you? which part do you relates to?

Abtigiis &Tolka please let's not do go down the reer-blah line

jonny-boy you my man like to stir the pot way too much

thank you all

p.s. with regard to my comment at the begining of this discussion, this not just aimed at somaliland. Revisionism is practised by everyone, there is a reason why Churchill's quote that "history is written by the victors exits" is more poignant than ever