Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

Ayoub , you are not looking for straight answers from the type of lame questions you are asking. Otherwise why wonder who’s missing from Somaliland's current equation when it’s really obvious and clear for all to see…

I don’t agree with your secessionist political narrative (the reason you are putting me in the Ethiopian/tfg column :D ), and as you know I do appreciate PL’s role to slow down, and perhaps prevent this separatist movement from ever succeeding in that regard. If that makes me a qabiilist so be it adeer.

In the meantime though, and before you cut off your branch of the Somali tree, make sure you are adequately equipped to parachute to safety adeer :D !

may_18_2007.jpg

N.O.R.F   

^^lol

Sophist

I will take your failure to address my ascertions on unity/somalinimo and the lack thereof amongst many who advocate it as a concession on your part.

Warlordka meesha haysta koob la hoos istaagoo, caanihiina ka suga. All in the name of unity.

Sophist   

Northener: Abdulahi is one man; he can die tomorrow. What he holds together (arguably not best way to preserve it) is what I stand for and that is Wadanku inuu mid ahaado. Laakiin, I am appose the continual violence that is taking place in Hamar.

Adiga iyo raga kula midka ah; you would rather inaad gacmaha uhoorsato Riyoode laakiin wax kasoo dhiiqmaya ma ey jiraan.

N.O.R.F   

Sophist

Aha, now you are beginning to come around.

Wadanku inuu mid ahaado is good when its honest but its only half and doesn’t equal unity. Unity in the Somali context is obviously going to involve everyone’s participation. They need someone who is just and can trust as leaders. Those leaders are not in place today. Instead we have warlordism in full swing yet people are still shouting ‘unity’ under a warlords arm and on top of an Ethiopian tank.

This is where we have a problem. Put unity on the back burner until things are sorted (honest leaders and no Ethio interference) then we may agree on a few things. Until then, the unity grandioso master plan is only a riyo.

The sooner aad waxan laidinku akhriyey analysgareesaan oo indahana kalafurtaan ayaa wax laislakeenikara!

N.O.R.F   

Didnt think we were talking about a 'dream' but rather your lack of understanding when it comes to what Somalinimo is and who is and is not currently practicing it. My trip only reinforced my earlier thoughts that reer Somaliland are a working example of true Somalinimo. Were people from Southern Somalia are living in peace and without fear. Where there is peace between the clans which inhibihit it (SL). Where people have thrown down their guns and are living as a community and no longer clan vs clan.

Did not the Burcaawi go to Buhoodle and broker a truce between members of the same clan?

Somalinimo dhe!

^^You say that and you dodged Xiins practical questions:

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^^Before I rule you and your cousins out lets first reason here, shall we yaa Ayoub! Should Somaliland be fortunate enough, as many hope here, and get the recognition it so greatly desires as an independent state with all of its original borders intact, would good Ayoub accept as a rational choice if the good people of Borama so determinedly decide to secede from the just borne state? Would he afford the same freedom to the good people of Burco? What about Sool and Sanaag? Where would he stop? Would that hypothetical secession diminish the essence of ‘Somaliland-nimo’? Or more boldly, does Ayoub Sheekh see any value to the territorial integrity of Somaliland? Does he count it as a one of basic component of the character of his yet-to-be-born state? If affirmative, what is the
thing
that which would give Somaliland a territorial cohesion?

These are practical questions saaxiib, and unless one is willing to consider the predictable ramifications of balkanizing what’s left of this broken nation and stripping it the most visible pillar of its structure, reason with all its magic-like powers ,Ayoubow, sadly remains a very problematic exercise to take on. This is not questioning one’s intents and religious convictions. This is, (the issue of separatism and secession is), a weak political tool to divide us, and it will only serve the interests of our regional enemies, namely Ethiopia!

For the record: there is nothing that happened that warrants one to change his mind about goosashada iyo waxay rimantahay.

Xoogaa qolooyinkii *****da ahaa baa yara la riixay, waligeedbaana lays riixi-riixi jirey. Intaasi noo kala danbaysay :D