Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Confrontation between Abdillahai Yusuf and Adde

Fyr   

Confrontation between Abdillahai Yusuf and Adde

Bosaso (Agencies) - Open conflict emerged between the new president of Somalia Abdillahi Yusuf and the recently nominated Puntland militia commander in occupied areas of Somaliland former General Adde Muse Hersi.

The 2 military men, who are in Nairobi and Canada collided when Mohamed Abdi Hashi, the man who replaced Abdillahi Yusuf as president of Puntand, wanted his term in office to be extended on the pretext that war is going in Puntland territory and General Adde refused the postponement of the election that is due in Jan./05.

According to agencies and sources contacted in Bosaso and Garowe, Abdillahi Yusuf supported his former deputy and ordered the immediate arrest of General Adde, on his return from Canada.

The sources added that the General contacted his supporters in Bosaso, including the former Mayor of the town and told them to mobilize all supporters, to oppose the postponements of the election.

Abdillahi Yusuf and Adde Muse fought a bitter war, in which the latter was defeated and forced to flee to Somaliland, where he was given refuge with his militia.

The Black Mountains a traditional leader mediated between the 2 men; a mediation, which brought about the return of Adde Muse and his supporters to Puntland.

Adde Muse is said to be campaigning for the post held by his former enemy.

Better yet smith. The Slanders try to get the general's sympathy by reminding him that he could import technicals through Berbera port tax-free and that they provided him and his forces that numbered 1.500 a safe heaven in El-Afweyn during his opposition to Abdullahi Yusuf's Pland administration.

Yet the general stated once in the direction to the Slanders that only a snake would do all this just to see a war burning between brothers.

Though I do concur I have my doubts about the fired mayor of Bosaso, Col Abdi Yasin Hirsi (on the photo). He seems to be a menace to society with his corrupt and rebellious past. I could be wrong. One sthing is for sure and that is that he is furious at Muhammad Abdi Hashi and the list of Hashi's enemies is growing now Farole is sacked as well. Honestly the deal was that everybody would hold his position till elections but the president at the other hand may fire and appoint whomever he wishes.

Gudoomiyaha%20Degmada%20Boosaasoo%20Cabd