Sign in to follow this  
nuune

The Warlords era Vs Al-shabaab

nuune   

In simple words, do you prefer the warlords to be there in Somalia in place of Al-Shabaab.

By warlords, I mean, Suudi, Caato, Beebe, Qanyare, Hiraale, M.Dheere, Finnish, Shaati Gaduud, Madoobe, Moorgan, Jees etc

In their times of empire, there wasn't large scale of killings, in fact there was large scale of robbery and isbaaro, and those warlords were living with the money generated by the isbaaro and robbery.

Do you think you would have supported the warlords in 2006, when the revolt between the ICU and the warlords took place?

This is just a comparison of the warlord's time to the Alshabaab and it's factions time, in fact, the gap is too big!!

Did you guys remember when BBC reportor asked Yalaxow, if Aydiid was a more famous warlord then him? and he responded: " areey minii caan lagu noqonaayo dad la laayo. intow caydiid laayay ka badan aan laayay" I would pick Al shabaab any time then Yalaxow and co

Meiji   

Ducaysane,

What interview are you talking about? Dont fabricate myths.

Nuune,

Both warlord camps (religious or secular) are destructive for us, and no sane Somali should chose one of those warlord factions.

Raamsade   

Not all Islamist groups are created equal. If I had to choose I'd choose the ICU over Alshabaab. By the same token Alshabaab have done some good like in Sh. Hoose. So they're not the irredeemable obscurantist brutes they're made out to be. But on the whole and in the long run problems produced by Alshabaab will out weigh any goods by them.

The warlords are equally reprehensible but they were preferable to the Islamists for one unassailable reason. Warlords were amenable to earthly persuasion. The Islamists (the genuine ones) believe they're God's chosen messengers and above petty human reasoning or reality. That said, I don't wanna overgeneralize all Islamists as some are reasonable. Abu Mansuur is a case in point. He reneged on Alshabaab's proscription against NGOs by allowing them to operate in his home turf after realizing that he couldn't deliver the goods the people needed.