Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland frees Puntland Pows — Puntland Vows to Retake Las Anod City

Thankful   

Oh, I get it. Because he was attacked means he's a real president like Abdirashid. Only difference is, those guys were recognized by the UN, Riyaale not one single country in the whole world.

UN is not a big deal sxb ,,, many countries in the world are not recognized by the UN like Switzerland. Somalia is in the UN and they benefited nothing but more chaos.

Jamelia   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

UN is not a big deal sxb ,,, many countries in the world are not recognized by the UN like Switzerland. Somalia is in the UN and they benefited nothing but more chaos.

]

....Switzerland was always recognised by the UN....They just weren't part of the UN until five or six years ago..

me   

Originally posted by Jamelia:

Looool...You don't have to be part of the UN to be recognised as a Sovereign nation state.....

Jemelia what are the requirements for one to be recognized as a sovereign state?

Thankful   

And a huge problem in ESPECIALLY in East AFrica.

How so, what are they huge? When I was there I saw tons of UN organizations doing everything from feeding needed children to teaching women about HIV. I saw boats donated by them and water treatment area's built. How are they a HUGE problem, please elaborate.

The UN is not an NGO delivering supplies to the needy people. They are political platform and they are a bigger government where they should intervene any chaos, fightings and political crisis.

In East Africa they failed to do nothing but deliver some supplies to some displaced people which sometimes cause even more chaos because lack of enough security resources.

They failed in Darfur, They failed in Ethiopia and now in Kenya and Chad.

They lack the capability to come against America.

To be honest, i think the UN is collapsing soon ,,,,,,

Thankful   

Have you been to Africa lately? Because I've been to Nairobi, Addis, Djibouti and Somalia recently. They are a huge part of the population, I've seen many people Employeed by them in Somalia and even more lined up to receive many basic needs for survival. They are far from perfect and did a lot of things I didn't like, but millions are dependant on them and their good out weighs their bad, look at MSF pulling out and how many people are suffering can you imagine the UN leaving? If they are causing so much problems you should request that your gov't asked them to leave. See what their response is! Believe me Somalia and your enclave is in absolutely no position to complain!

We're not looking to the UN in the same window ,,, i said their duty as a UN is not to distribute food and water , yes they do that and i never came against it but they are not NGO as i said.

did you read their mandate ??

Do you know what they are supposed to do ? politically ? economically ? militarily ?

Thankful   

They don’t have to do anything; no one owes us anything. If we can't even take care of ourselves who will? The United Nations does peacekeeping not peacemaking, monitoring cease-fires and boarder disputes. There needs to be a cease-fire for them to operate efficiently. Of course East Africa being as dangerous as it is and in a constant state of war will never get the help it needs. You said they are "collapsing" and I think they are stronger then ever. Just because they refuse to recognize you doesn’t mean you have to bash them. Now like I said, the leader of Puntland went into laascaanod freely, lets see your leader of an unrecognized nation do it. smile.gif

Good luck adeer ,, we not talking in the same tune ,,, i knew it.

FYI, the UN is calling for a reform ,,,, i'm hardly waiting to see the draft.