Sign in to follow this  
sigma

Iranian leader denies Holocaust

Jacpher   

Plagiarize:

transitive senses : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source. intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

Source: Merriam-Webster Online

Castro, you wrote the following in the Somali Plagiarist Writer Exposed. Here

Originally posted by
Castro:

^ What, then, should he have done instead? I'm not even a writer and I'd expose him. Theft is theft, whether of goods or of literature.

Originally posted by
Castro:

^ I feel you. But the difference between right and wrong is clear. If it is true that this writer committed plaigiarism (and it seems this is the case), then he did so with full
knowledge
of the
risk
of exposure and an
expectation
of
fame
and/or fortune. Legally, there is motive, opportunity and a bloody glove. You can't be emotional about this, Femme. What if it's your work that was stolen? It's good to be protective of Somalis but we've got some pretty rotten apples (the least of whom is this writer) and we need to clean the house.

Were you entertaining us sxb on the above and serious now or vise versa?

Originally posted by
Castro:

^ JB wouldn't plagiarize. I've read too many of his posts to know that. I'm also fairly sure this is a case of forgetfullness. What he referred to in the other thread was a clear pattern and not a single incident.

I think this is definitely a case of tuug intaadan tuug oran buu tuug ku yiraahdaa.

ElPunto   

It seems the consensus is that the Holocaust did occur - but the numbers are the debate? These numbers weren't arrived at quickly and a whole bunch of historians came to a consensus. It would seem to me a rather large conspiracy if they all agreed to inflate the numbers of dead. And I have difficulty understanding what motivation there would be.

There is a simple reason - why the Holocaust is so present and loudly recognized in the West. Jews and the Jewish lobby has a lot of political and economic power thus their suffering takes centre stage. Even if you find that offensive and insensitive, that shouldn't result in one devaluing Jewish suffering. In other words, you can believe in the Jewish Holocaust and a Native American Holocaust at the same time.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ JB wouldn't plagiarize. I've read too many of his posts to know that. I'm also fairly sure this is a case of forgetfullness. What he referred to in the other thread was a clear pattern and not a single incident.

Castro, that is what I hoped for too. But what JB seems to be saying in his clarification is that:

THERE IS NO REASON TO PLAGIARISE IN DEFENCE OF A WELL DOCUMENTED HISTORY AND I DON´T USE THE "WE" FORM IN A POST WHERE I STARTED WITH THE "I" FORM.

I cannot figure out why JB is confusing the defence of the holocaust with the defence of copyrighted' intellectual property of others. I believe, to cite 'defence' of the holocaust is redundant here, and that a simple clarification regarding his forgetfulness of quotation marks is only what is needed. I could have easily believed that JB's forgetfulness is to blame, however, the only reason I held some scepticism towards his forgetfulness has something to do with JB's seemingly intentional editing (and I hate to be pedantic) of: " For example , if six million were not killed, what happened to all these people?" to " The Question should be, if six million were not killed, what happened to all these people?". This makes me reach the conclusion that this wasn't simple mistake of forgetting quotation marks.

Gabbal   

^What gave the idea to check J.B's post? Was it because of his traditionally "unique" writting style and how it contrasted with that more formal writting, or something else? :D

Paragon   

^^ Not really. I read the paragraph in question and was impressed, finding JB's posts interesting to read. So I decided to do some research in search of the evidences proving the occurrence of the holocaust. Unfortunately, the google spit out names of two authors and a review of their book, in which I surprisingly saw a similarity between JB and them. Thats how.

Castro   

There's no contradiction between what I said then and now. If it's not forgetfullness, it's plagiarism. You seem to imply, by your 'entertaining us' statement, that I am siding with JB against my principles. You're mistaken. I am giving JB the benefit of the doubt. If you're accusing me of anything else, spell it out and bring your evidence.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I think this is definitely a case of
tuug intaadan tuug oran buu tuug ku yiraahdaa.

It's a good idea you explain who the tuug here is. If JB (who has ample original thoughts in his head) forgot to credit the paragraph, I'll accept that. If he didn't forget, he has, knowingly or not, committed plagiarism.

Jacpher   

Castro, I didn’t expect you to differ your stance of plagiarism but it was quite a surprise that you were almost certain plagiarism was not the case. I don’t think I need to spell out anything since you’re the one who initially brought up the p word. It was shocking that JB was harshly criticizing a nomad of not using her mind intellectually to think and come up with her own argument. He implied that by copying/pasting other’s work, she lacks a good thinking and reasoning. On the other hand, he was doing exactly the very same thing he was judgmental about. And he comes back to brush off what he’s accused of and defends the existence of holocaust. This showed how well he dodged the bullet. There's something iffy about his reply I tell ya.

Castro   

^ I said I was fairly sure, not certain. It was interesting to see how this thread progressed, however. As for the nomad you speak of in another thread, she wasn't accused of plagiarism but of lack of opinion. Said nomad copied and pasted (did give the author) but missed all the links on the original page, didn't ask a question, didn't say this is FYI, nothing. It was mental lethargy she was accused of, not plagiarism.

Castro   

Below you can read what, in my view, shows the Holocaust is not so much a human tragedy anymore but a political tool to further advance Israel's occupation of Palestine. If it were really commemorated for what it was, its survivors would be treated more humanely. Remember that Israel, in 2003, spent $9.11 billion on its military. Compare that to what is spent on Holocaust survivors. What a ruse the Holocaust has become.

Holocaust survivors 'in poverty'

A Holocaust survivor's support group has said 40% of survivors in Israel are living below the poverty line, Israel Radio has reported.

Most of the 170,000 people affected emigrated from the former Soviet bloc and now get little financial help.

Zeev Factor, the chairman of the Holocaust Survivors' Welfare Fund, says many survivors get no pensions and have to live off $390 a month.

Israel officially sets the poverty line at an income of $400 a month.

Mr Factor said his fund, which provides welfare and medical assistance, was "running out" of money.

"These people live off 1,800 shekels ($390) [per month] and are today extremely old and many of them in precarious health condition," he told Israel Radio.

Inequality

Holocaust survivors aged over 65 who arrived in Israel in the last 10 years from eastern Europe have found themselves lacking financial support from both their homelands and Israel, Mr Factor said.

He added that survivors who arrived in Israel after World War II from the West can be entitled to pensions from international Jewish organisations and the Israeli, German, Austrian and Swiss governments.

Israel's parliament approved a bill earlier this month that would give survivors an extra $11 million of support for rent and prescription medicines.

However, the bill will only become law if it passes two more readings scheduled to be held after March's general election.

The Israeli finance ministry says it provides $326 million of support to Holocaust survivors every year.

Source