Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

The Al-Ittihad factor in Somali politics

Rahima   

Do Maxkamadaha operate in Marka and Sh/Hoose?

I do not know for certain, but assuming that they do not operate in all of xamar I can’t see how they have surpassed to Sh/hoose and Marka and expanded to that degree. I also went to Afgooye and they were not operating there-as far as I was aware, or even the roads to there and baladoogley (for there are still isbaaro there which if they were operating in I can only assume would not be there as they had got rid of the isbaaro inside Mogadishu-then again could be that the isbaaro are occupied mainly by the untouchable sub-sub-tribe). Anyway I don’t know walaahi, I have not heard of it nor seen them in action.

Are Maxkamadaha in Benadir-SH/Hoose environs a united system with administrative hierarchy of their own or they are scattered fiefdoms within the clan system?

Once again I do not know, I’m not exactly the best person to ask this question to, aside from the fact that I do not know about the ins and outs of these courts, how exactly do we determine or deem them to be a united system with administrative hierarchy? What exactly are the prerequisites for this classification to be deemed? Are they; do they have a leader, second in charge etc, do they have a constitution which they follow, do they have a venue to operate from, do they have plans of action, do they receive their income from legitimate avenues etc. All yes (as I have seen). Likewise, how exactly do you define the clan system? Is it that which is allowed islamically or the Somali system of clan (which we all agree is quiet deformed)? If it is the former, where qabiil is an identity and knowing that there is nothing wrong with working along qabiil lines so long as the issue is islamically allowed, then most probably yes. There are as I am aware, two main courts (as run by two sub-sub-clans), but I believe that they are separate in administration but basically work in the same manner. Of course some people accuse them of being involved in tribalism, such as the current war in Mudug, where the sub-sub-clan without a court is accusing the court of the other sub-sub-clan of being involved :rolleyes: . I personally don’t see how the doings of the office clerk or the guard in front of the court impinges on the values of the court. If this guard wants to give some of his money to the war efforts in Mudug, then blaming it on the court which he works for is unjustified-you cannot control all the doings of your employees. Basically all accusations with no basis.

Sorry that I was not able to provide a yes or no answers smile.gif . But likewise can I also pose some question in return? I’ll assume it’s fine by you, so here they go.

Baashi, we all agree that the idiotic warlords in Mogadishu and the south in general need to get their act together, but how do you see the role of the wadaado in the struggle against these warlords? Do you believe that their current method of educating and competing for the hearts of the citizens is a more productive method then engaging in battle with them as has happened in PL (which we all know was not very successful, although i personally support the wadaado through and through, true Al-itixaad girl here :D )? How do you believe the issue could best be addressed whilst avoiding further violent conflict?

Furthermore, is it fair like I’ve said for us to sit here and criticize every little step people take because of the Somali media? To be honest I’ve never being very fond of the media whether Somali or English, simply because their reportings are mostly subjective rather than objective. Each man will tell the story as they wish to see it, not as how it is. I gave up complete hope in the Somali media outlets whilst I was in Somalia. I’m sure you remember the Italian grave incident of early this year, how the courts were accused of being behind it all. Amazingly :rolleyes: there was no real proof that they were behind it or even involved. Likewise the courts sent out a press release denying the accusations, I don’t know, but I always believed and still believe that innocent until proven guilty should be upheld. But of course, somehow or other those who rejoice at the downfalls of Mogadishu or have an issue with wadaadaha (or Al-itixaad) jumped on the train of blame instead of looking for the truth or at the very least keeping quiet. I am surprised that we as Muslims do not learn, day in day out we are attacked on the media in ways which we all know to be false, terrorist has wrongfully become equated with Muslim, like wise Somalis are doing similar things to each other.

Finally, considering the way things are in Somalia at the moment, should wadaadaha completely alienate themselves from these men (i.e. warlords) or call on them for the good of the people (or tribe in their eyes, whatever they wish to believe, so long as they behave)? Should they take the hard-liner approach of for example Abshir Bacadle, who at that meeting voiced that they should distance themselves totally from these warlords, their supporters and the qaadiriyah leaders (who mind you have greater following and in my view are more dangerous than the warlords because the warlords are not defacing the caqiida of the people as these sufi leaders are) or should they take the approach of the man I have mentioned in my previous post (Jibriil)and try to get them on board to establish some sort of governance and system of administration?

Sky,

Point number 1 brother: Dictators and warlords are both wrong, their ways of power are wrong and are xaraam. Have you not heard of all the hadiths about dictators? The other issue is, it could also be argued that as I’ve stated thinking evil is probably worse than he who seemingly does not think and is only after monetary gains (they can be satisfied with wealth, no?)-but then again it is an issue of discussion which I don’t care to entertain. I see no real difference between a warlord and a dictator, and anyhow, was not CY a warlord before he wrongly took over the leadership of PL? What was he before then? Still a dictator? Dictator of what? What did he control which was an organized administration (for then could he only be called a true dictator, having dictatorial qualities and being one are not necessarily the same)?

Point number 2: Yes it is wrong to rebel against a king which does good (most probably from hadith sources). Firstly I did not call for rebelling against our “kingâ€, secondly so far what good is our beloved “king†doing (but we should wait and see, give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being)? Thirdly, does he not have a black past which he does not seem to be redeeming of himself? And lastly, how is that what I said is about this? I was just giving an example of how rebelling against warlords can be detrimental especially for the wadaado who are bound by the laws of Islam, unlike these warlords who could not care any less for religion or land. The dilemma faced by wadaadaha of PL in the 90s is that which faces wadaadaha in Mogadishu now, the only difference being there is more at stake in Mogadishu than was in PL. Full blown out war in Mogadishu is extremely dangerous, something in my opinion which should be avoided at all cost-which was my point of giving that example. Nothing more, I was not attacking good old adeer CY, if I wanted to that, I’d annoy and reply to Duke :D .

Sky   

point well taken rahima!

hornafrique, windtalkers sidekick or not, ill just tell you one thing tho; the majority of northeast somalia is for c/yussef as president of somalia but not as president of puntland. im one of those. hes a disaster in puntland, just to rough. he can build a house, but he cant furnish it like c/musse who has seen what governance and real horumar is all about in his canada. but for the south, c/yussef is the man. as was c/yussef thé man for PL 1998, c/yussef is thé man for Somalia in 2005. prolly after his term insha Allaah hes not needed anymore and Somalia can finally be governed by fresh new ppl. and the likes of you can finally breathe again after 5 years.

windtalker, no need to answer the question. lets just leave it at that. ;)

First, Duke asks what I stand for. Next, you ask. Who's next I wonder? :confused:

You ask a vague, unimaginative question and somehow expect me to give you an answer in a nutshell.

If you have the ability to read between the lines, then it shouldn't be hard for you to know exactly what I stand for.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by big j:

IT BETTER TO BE A FOLLOWER WHO KNOWS LEFT FROM RIGHT THAN A LEADER WHO DOESN'T. BE IN FORMED
BE IN FORMED

what do you mean? elaborate your point..