Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaOnline-President

Global Politiks

Ok here is something i mostly like talking about. Ever since i read about america's planned invasion of Iraq, my mind was preoccupied with world politics. From what you currently know about world politics, who do you think will emerge the World superpower in taking it over from the US in the next 50-100yrs. This can be any country picked from all 5 continents.

I personally think it will be either Japan or Germany---more so japan. I think Japan will most likely be the next world super-power. Some people have different reasons, but mine is based on this country's strong economy and military. This country is only after the US when it comes to both Economic might and military might.

So, who would u think will be our next superpower? Or more importantly, what country do you think will emerge as Africa's superpower?

Salaam SOL,

Japan? Interesting choice considering the economic crisis they've been going thru the last few years. Their military ain't much to write home about either. I believe Japan signed some sort of a treaty after WWII, which limits their (mobile) military might.

Germany and the European Union is a distinct possibility. I think they are already aligning and organising themselves into opposition against the United States, which may be why Britain doesn't want to join the EU (they may be forced to sever ties with the US).

Personally, I think China is in a very good position to be the next superpower. China is the fastest growing country in the world. They have a huge domestic market. They have the technology to produce their own weapons (even if they hav to steal the designs from the US :D ) plus with a population of a billion or so, they are not gonna have a problem with conscripting, are they?

What country do u think will emerge as Africa's superpower?

This is a little far-fetched, but if I had to choose a country at the moment, I would say South Africa...

nuune   

germany would be the most i suppose,they beat the british in terms of european afairs and economic as well

and for the african,it would be somalia,doh,meant to say south africa.

in the 1970s and 1980s,somalia and south africa were regarded as the most powerfull african countries in terms of military!

barwaaqo,i thought the British are part of the EU,maybe you meant to say THE EURO,maybe,maybe,sorry!!!

Nuune..

Have they already joined? Then why do we still need to show our passports at the French border BUT not from the French to the other EU countries?

Hi

Japan? Interesting choice considering the economic crisis they've been going thru the last few years. Their military ain't much to write home about either. I believe Japan signed some sort of a treaty after WWII, which limits their (mobile) military might.

Yes, with even battered economy the Japanese have a sure shot of becoming the next big mighty empire. Their economy is seven times that of China, and they said it would take the chinese close to 50yrs to be where Japan is today.

You are very right about their limited military capability. Its in their constitution that they can't have a BIG military. But with even *anti-military* constitution in place----they are the next big spenders in defense just after the US. Here are the numbers from ministry of defense in UK

Billions$

1. USA $259.9

2. Japan $51.2

3. France $46.8

4. Germany $39.5

5. UK $31.8

6. Italy $23.5

7. Russia $22.4

8. China $18.4

9. South Korea $15

10. Saudi Arabia $14.5

They have the technology to produce their own weapons (even if they hav to steal the designs from the US ) plus with a population of a billion or so, they are not gonna have a problem with conscripting, are they?

China doesnt' produce any of its military. They mostly buy it from either Russia, or Israeli. If they had any military capability to threaten anyone, you'd think they would've solved that stickin Taiwan issue long time ago. China is both military, and economicly weak. The quality of their militry is the same that of Iraq. They can field all the conscripts they want to. Quality counts more than quantity does in these days. Taiwan has both military, and economic edge over the chinese. Their communism system is whats holding them back.

Germany and the European Union is a distinct possibility. I think they are already aligning and organising themselves into opposition against the United States, which may be why Britain doesn't want to join the EU

The EU might make a little trouble for the Americans in the economy side of this game (trade wars) but they are severely limited in their military capability. As we all know, the Europeans always call on the Americans for military help.

nuune   

barwaaqo,

just letting u know that the british already joined the EU,how come u don't know that or u just kidding,NAW,GAW and WEGER,horrible it is that they ask u passprts at the border,anyway the french and the british are big haters of each other,so long macsalaamo!!

China is NOT like Iraq! Militarily it is only 3rd to USA and Russia if not overtaken Russia already. Yes economically it is not as strong as USA or Japan but china's economy is the only economy that has been growing 7% to 12% since the early 1990s. Within 10 more years and its entry to the WTO, China would definitely overtake Japan, South Korea and South East Asia (Tiger economies) both in economic output and attracting more direct investment. Right now china is strong in manufacturing but soon its industries would mature and thus develop more hi-tech goods and would start competing Japan and USA. Instead of making toys and shoes the China of the future would be the leader in technical innovations. Remember Samsung of South Korea was making microwaves in the 1980s but now its making cell phones, computers, satellites, and military equipments that rival those of the USA, Japan, and the EU. So China definitely has the ingredients to become superpower: large population, strong military, and soon strong economy. You better be learning Mandarin or Cantonese because within fifty to hundred years these two languages would also overtake English and become the languages of power! That’s why I am studying in Hong Kong next year! :D

PS. Military spending and military strength are two different things! Yes Saudi Arabia spends 14 some Billion a year on its military but poor Iran or Iraq would kick its *** any day, YES Iraq, even at its current sorry state! Peace

China is NOT like Iraq! Militarily it is only 3rd to USA and Russia if not overtaken Russia already.

I think you are mixing up between their *huge* readily available man-power, with their military capability. China is more or less like Iraq in many ways.

For one thing, they both are *third-world* countries, and dont indigenously build any of their own military hardware. I dont think a country that imports many of its many *high-tech* weoponary from Isreali should be called *3rd largest* army in the world. This is the new century brother, military superiority is what wins the war at the end of the day. America spends more on defense than the next 10 countries put together. You'd seen the numbers yourself.

Instead of making toys and shoes the China of the future would be the leader in technical innovations.

And that could also be true for India. Huge population doesnt' always translate into a *superpower* statue.

You better be learning Mandarin or Cantonese because within fifty to hundred years these two languages would also overtake English and become the languages of power!

100yrs? Why wait that long? why not now? Even with 1000yrs i dont think anyone would bother speaking their languages. Many people said the same for the Japanese language--and we still haven't seen its impact on the world. It will remain a local language spoken by the local people, nothing more and nothing less.

PS. Military spending and military strength are two different things! Yes Saudi Arabia spends 14 some Billion a year on its military but poor Iran or Iraq would kick its *** any day, YES Iraq, even at its current sorry state! Peace

You are very right. In paper, their military capability and how much they spend on defense is even greater that of Isreali. But in reality, and in real war, they'd get beaten by the weakest country. High tech stuff wont do anything by itself, unless you learn how to use it. The ******s buy all these fancy hardware, and know jack about using it. They all american, or other foreign people virtually ran their military. They are soo dumb on learning new things and incorporating it to their already existing military. Try Pakistan. The only country in the muslim world to know the importance of learnign from the west.

RaMpAgE   

believe it or not...but i think it will be ISRAEL....in military wise i think their fourth in world..they got everything even nuclear power :eek: ...but their econonmy is in serious chaso at the moment....the other counrties i think that will emerg are CHINA...n GERMANY.

Khayr   

Only Allah knows for Sure, but it looks

like things will stay the way they are interms of the 'Superpower'. Its the time of the Dajjal and as we have come witness to in the last yr. The dajjal has a foot hold on eveyr corner of the world. English is the language of the internet and is taught in most countries at the academic level. We have masses of people immgrating to it and te offsprings of these immigrant communities will only be speaking English. The present Superpower is here to stay and no one can do the massive job that they have done. The world depends on them and they are twice as cunning as their neighbour. This superpower has dominated the world through propagating its culture via television and internet. If you advertise for what the people want, they will be your friends and this is what they do so well. Instill all types of false ism's i.e. Liberalism, Freedom, Individualism etc. into peoples minds. If you can control a person's desires and thoughts, then you have got them cornered!!!

China or India can not become a super power because there people are envious of the West. How many cadhan's do you know that want to become Chinese or Indian or love to live a chinese or indian lifestyle??? But vice versa, u got a larger numbers of admirers of the Western Culture don't you?

Originally posted by nuune:

barwaaqo,

just letting u know that the british already joined the EU,how come u don't know that or u just kidding,NAW,GAW and WEGER,horrible it is that they ask u passprts at the border,anyway the french and the british are big haters of each other,so long macsalaamo!!

Ur absolutely right bro. And no I didn't kno that.

I was aware of all the European legislations being implemented by the govt (like the introduction of fishing quotas) but for some reason or other I was still under the impression that the UK wasn't part of the EU. :rolleyes:

nuune   

barwaaqo,

i think it was 1973 that they joined the EU same time as the Irish.

before they used to call it,EEC(european economic communites),so they changed to EU as to make it more than economic!