Sign in to follow this  
Camel Mlik

: MP Wrzesnewskyj addresses Canada's House of Parliament. Very touching indeed.

Statement: MP Wrzesnewskyj addresses Canada's House of Parliament on Somalia

- Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at 23:57

HOUSE OF COMMONS DEBATES

STATEMENTS BY MEMBERS

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2005

1st SESSION • 38th PARLIAMENT

VOLUME 140 • NUMBER 125

SOMALIA

Mr. Borys Wrzesnewskyj (Etobicoke Centre, Lib.): Mr. Speaker, the Hon. Sharif Hassan Shaykh Aden, Speaker of the Transitional Federal Parliament of Somalia, is visiting with his Canadian counterparts to share with us the many challenges that his country faces.

Just recently I returned from a fact finding mission to Somalia where I saw first-hand the heart-wrenching conditions that are the result of 14 years of civil war and the anarchy of warlordism.

I also met with President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, Prime Minister Ali Muhammad Ghedi, as well as many ministers and parliamentarians of the transitional federal government.

The message I heard from the Somali people was that their country had arrived at an historic opportunity and that they were awaiting their leaders to rise to the occasion, to set aside their personal interests and ambitions in order to reclaim a future for the people of Somalia and for the children of Somalia.

I welcome Speaker Aden and I hope that his visit will give impetus to Canada playing a greater role in civil society building in Somalia during this historic opportunity .

Soomaaliyo ha noo laato!

Powered by AllPuntland.com

Copyright ©AllPuntland.com

Will our so called leader rise to the occasion, and set aside their personal interests and aambitions?

That's the qestion that is on the table to day. I really not think this is the right time to put your personal interests first when a whole nation is waiting on your call for peace. Few guys want to put their personal interests before 10 million Somalians Now that is said.

OLOL   

camel -- bro don't expect these illiterate and ruthless warlords to aside their petty differences. They are the product of a primitive culture and sick society. There is no hope for Somalia. Just look at us here in this forum and how we are so obsessed with tribalism. Every one of us is cheering for one warlord or the other simply because of clan allegiance. We have all these "Paste & Copy" cheerleaders recycling clannish hogwash from clannish sites. We are so revolting and so pathetic that we know nothing else but to quarrel and fight about ....for what ? such a primitive sickness as tribalism.? we are doomed .... We are fooling ourselves and we are not even learning anything from the civilised world. It is shame! it is hopeless! it is so sickening and so depressing! Somalis will never ever stop this insanity. Ilaahaa noo maqan....We have to ask him to send us a prophet cos we live in Jaahilyah!! I know am blaspheming but I am questioning my whole ****ed-up mentality and the mentality of my primitive people! F.U. ..ATO, QANYARE...YEEY, PUNTLAND, JOWHAR..MUQDISHU...DUKE ...JUMA...DAYNIILE, GAROOWE...QABIIL ..THIS FORUM....to Eff with you all!!

Originally posted by OLOL:

camel -- bro don't expect these illiterate and ruthless warlords to aside their petty differences. They are the product of a primitive culture and sick society. There is no hope for Somalia. Just look at us here in this forum and how we are so obsessed with tribalism. Every one of us is cheering for one warlord or the other simply because of clan allegiance. We have all these "Paste & Copy" cheerleaders recycling clannish hogwash from clannish sites. We are so revolting and so pathetic that we know nothing else but to quarrel and fight about ....for what ? such a primitive sickness as tribalism.? we are doomed .... We are fooling ourselves and we are not even learning anything from the civilised world. It is shame! it is hopeless! it is so sickening and so depressing! Somalis will never ever stop this insanity. Ilaahaa noo maqan....We have to ask him to send us a prophet cos we live in Jaahilyah!! I know am blaspheming but I am questioning my whole ****ed-up mentality and the mentality of my primitive people! F.U. ..ATO, QANYARE...YEEY, PUNTLAND, JOWHAR..MUQDISHU...DUKE ...JUMA...DAYNIILE, GAROOWE...QABIIL ..THIS FORUM....to Eff with you all!!

10 million people are waiting for this government to Work and it must work!! Somalia is not dead but it's people are. It's not the war-lords but the people 10 million people controled be a few guys that do give a rat *** about them. tribalism will not go away we must learn how to work with Tribalism and than we must beat tribalism That is what is government is For. 4.5

I have great Hope for Somalia. I have great Hope in this government as i did for the last 13 my Hope will never go away because under tribalism I see the Somalia.

I really do not care how it is done but this government has to work. War-lords make $$$ everyday they do not want to give it up for there own people because they do not care. SO the qestion is why do we care about them?