Sign in to follow this  
Iffah

Hijaabed Hair

Iffah   

Salaams sisters..

I think it's time we talked hair!

I was wondering if any of you know a simple way to wear your hair, when it's hijaabed..other than the obvious style of putting it in a bun.

I'm accustomed to wearing it in this style, but it gets annoying when you have your hair curly, because you'll have a huge bump at the back...and I really hate that.

So do any of you wear it in other way, that's doable by most? I'm rather challenged when it comes fancy hairdos. :D

Salams

LuCkY   

SaLaaM

Ilhaam i wouLd usuaLLy put it in a bun. Sometimes i braid them and sometimes i wouLd Let them down*put in a ponytaiL and then use rubberbands aLL the way down*

When its curLy i wouLd use a cLip and than voiLa'!

Im not hair crazy as it drives me crazy because its Long and requires a Lot of work.

I too am not hair expert but im sure we have some Ladies in the house with better ideas than mine.

Iffah   

Thanks sis.

When its curLy i wouLd use a cLip and than voiLa'!

You mean those big hair clips? And just pile it to the back of the head and clip it? :confused: Doesn't your hijaab look soo big then?

LuCkY   

Ilhaam not reaLLy i use the smaLL ones and sometimes i wouLd use a scrounge/rubberband-part them into two groups.Or Let it aLL down even though i hate to do that.

Iffah   

Ok.

But I can never leave my hair down while wearing the hijaab...I find that the hair irritates my neck or it'll make my hijaab look all puffy.

LuCkY   

Yes that happens to me too but the best way to go even if my hair is curLed is a good oLd bun-yeah it probabLy ruin the hair but thats the onLy soLution i know of.Sorry i wasnt much of a heLp but thats aLL i can think of right now.

Ladies any suggestions?

Iffah   

LUCKY:Thanks sis. I appreciate your help. But it looks like me and you are in the same boat. Hope some of the sisters have other ideas.

Changed   

ilhaam i was gona say wear it in a bom .

hadalka badan hadaan joojiyo......bon ka waxaan aheen ma aqaano,..........i just do the traditional bon bon bon style

any one got ideas hit us :i like to learn new stuff

Raxmah   

I usually have the bun, I guess its the usual. But when i have time, I usually get twisties and put the rest of my hair in a pony tail. Also I braid my hair on the bottom and roll it up twice and hold it in a pin. Hope I didn't confuse anyone. I gota bounce now, I will share more later inshallah.

MD   

The only easy thing really is the bun, trouble free i hate leaving my hair down too ilhaam, i sometimes braid them but it usually looks funny so i stay away from that too now...I guess everyone does the bun thing oh well any suggestions girls come on female nomads

Xafsa   

Me and the bun are best friends....I can't think of any other style that won't make my head look funny. Any Ideas would be very welcomed.

Saalixa   

ilhaam

how about plaitening it. not the type that requires alot of work but the simple ponytail style. i know you'll be like thats gonna make me look like a kid redface.gif but its betters than the bun. I hate the bun style, it gives me a headach and my hairs alwayz in plaits.

but Doesnt the hijab look much better when u have ur hair in a bun? kind of more posh posh? na'mean? :confused: well thats the only suggestion i came up wit which i know isnt much of a help. :(

Modesty   

Well, I usually do micro braids, it lets my head breathe through my scarf, and it really takes good care of your hair. :cool:

Ilhaam,

Drastic, but u could cut your hair I suppose. I wouldn't advice it tho, u'll probably luv it at first, but then you would miss your long hair.

Funny thing is, I miss having the bun...I used to tie the ends of the scarf on top of the bun...but I can't now.

On the other hand, short hair is remarkably easy to manage. Where as it used to take me 2 hours to wash and blow-dry them b4, it only takes about half an hour now.

I haven't been much help, have I? :D

Macalin   

Just shave The HAIR and finish it Already---who gonna see it anyways? :D

what the hell is a bon bon?--or whatver yall call it--am interested(this is a good conversion skill to hit on a hijabed sis!-alla alla!)---think of me saying to a hijabed sis---'errr--is that the bon bon style u gat?--i mean i have other suggestion that don make ur xijaab puffy'-ar hooy

^^^^

Please forgive me ladies!---waana sii baxay