Sign in to follow this  
Amistad

Congratulations Somalia, your number #1 !

Amistad   

Shabab supporters should feel proud right about now. Perhaps now that you hold the top spot A.Q. support will now increase for your "cause".

Somalia tops terror attack list

Published: Nov. 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM

LONDON, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Somalia now is the world's top terror state, surpassing Afghanistan, Pakistan and Colombia for the dubious honor, a British global study indicates.

Somalia was first among 16 countries rated as facing an "extreme risk" from terrorist attacks, the Maplecroft global risks advisory firm said in a release.

Maplecroft's Terrorism Risk Index was developed to help organizations identify and monitor terrorism risks to human security and international assets.

The index released Monday uses data from June 2009 to June 2010 to assess the frequency and intensity of terrorist attacks, including the number of victims per attack and the chances of mass casualties occurring, Maplecroft said. It also includes a historical assessment of the number of attacks between 2007 and 2009 and examines whether a country is at risk from a well-established militant group operating within its borders.

In moving into the No. 1 slot from No. 4, Somalia experienced 556 terrorist incidents, in which 1,437 people died and 3,408 were wounded from June 2009 to June 2010, Maplecroft said. It had the highest number of deaths from terrorism per population, and more fatalities per terrorist attack than Iraq and Afghanistan. The index indicated the greatest threat in Somalia was from the fundamentalist militia al-Shabaab.

"For business, assessing exposures to terrorism is becoming increasingly necessary," Maplecroft Chief Executive Officer and Professor Alyson Warhurst said. "Business assets are vulnerable in certain high risk countries."

nuune   

How strange, that in one thread you look for Somalis to speak in a discussion panel, while at the same time congratulating them for being the top spot of terror.

Ps: The way I see you, you enjoying the unfortunate moments that Somalia is in.

Amistad   

Originally posted by nuune:

How strange, that in one thread you look for Somalis to speak in a discussion panel, while at the same time congratulating them for being the top spot of terror.

Ps: The way I see you, you enjoying the unfortunate moments that Somalia is in.

Moment...do you live in a shell? I wouldn't call twenty years of country raping a "moment". And not at all, I just call a spade a spade and this is published news. Ive risked my *** the past two years jeopardizing my entire career in trying to promote productive programs in Somalia.

Stats, data and numbers of these studies dont lie

and another fact that remains are there are many here that support and sympathize with Shababs, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and all that.

I would love for someone to attend the panel that is a Shabab sympathizer as I also respect that these supporters have their own views that drive them and a fair and balanced debate is necessary. Would you hold or attend a panel that is just one sided (?).... wouldn't be very interesting to hear the "party line" only expressed or productive would it?