Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

TFG 2.0?

Baashi   

TFG 2.0: what would it look like?

Cyber roundtable discussion

Intro

The recent events caught some of us by surprise. The Islamists, a grass root and popular movement that brought a much needed stability, has became another victim of the Bush’s “evil” eradication agenda. Ethiopia has greatly benefited from distorted world view of Neocon as it positioned itself as the new kid of the block – a kid whose assistance in the “war against terror” must be sought. Not only has Ethiopia’s stature in the region as a regional power been enhanced but it has also received military, political, and economical handout for doing herself a favor by preempting the Islamists rise in its block.

The Federal Transitional Government, a brainchild of Ethiopia in a bid to prove its secular credentials to Uncle Sam and at the same time eliminate Islamists challenge, served as the facilitator of this mission of finishing off the Islamists. Why would a reconciliation government appointed to spearhead healing the wounds from the bloody civil war would commit such a blunder of first order? Whose interests is TFG serving when it provides a perfect cover for the Ethiopian onslaught against its impressionable youth?

TFG is the subject of this discussion. Its president is of great interest! Who is he? What does he want? What does he believe? With his advanced age, his long imprisonment, and his declining health, is he fit the position he holds today? Does he have the respect and standing required from a leader of his position? The men who joined him in the TFG platform share a history characterized by blood path! Can they set aside the quarrel that marred their exclusive club and move the ball forward?

TFG is the product of long deliberations of representatives of armed warlords who have bitterly contested the spoils of the civil war. It is said that all Somali clans took part of that deliberation. The conference produced a constitution and a roadmap for peace. Close scrutiny of the document show that negative tribalism is central to the state’s idea of itself. The document envisages Federalism to serve as oil that lubricates tribal machinery to minimize inevitable friction that the system will experience. It bets all its worth on 4.5 formula as the basis of power-sharing scheme!

If it survives from internal squabbles and clannish contests, are the principles in which it was founded sound enough to be used as a blueprint for reconciliation and healing process?

Forward the clock. Somalia is in a critical stage today. There will be political fallout from the Ethiopian aggression. That being the case, what will become of TFG? If the latest news is anything to go by, TFG will enter Benadir in the coming two days. UIC’s hasty retreat left a power vacuum. That vacuum is now filled by marauding clannish militia harassing the city residents in search of loot. How will TFG manage to deal with fragmented clans armed to the teeth and prevent complete anarchy in a city millions of Somalis call home?

Is there a room for TFG Revision 2.0 ? Can the top brass of TFG manage its field commanders the likes of Hiiraale, Dhere, and Qeybdiid without Ethiopians serving as the mediator? What will Somalia led by these ruthless politicians look like?

When will these criminals face justice? At this juncture, does peace and stability trump everything else? The clock is ticking for TFG! Does it have the plan to save country from descending into complete anarchy?

it seems, that some people here in this forum have absolutly no regard for reason and facts and avioding the fallacies of debate. It is most desappionting coming from baashe. "TFG a brian child of Ethiopia". Why do you state this as if it is a fact when any, aside from people who believe it is their clan interest or are mentally challanged, could see that the election that got the menbers of government elected to office, was fair and inclusive Somali experiment that succeded with the help of not only Ethiopia and other members and of igad, but with the EU, AU, AL and the UN. What proof do you have to say such a thing, please tell me , aside from we all know, because either you are crazy or I am. If, however, you have joined the extrimist and are painting the Ethio-Somali relationship into something its not for that reason let me know because I mistook you for something you are not.

Jacpher   

Let me answer that for you. The Defense Minister Barre Hiiraale said recently the TFG is the work of the neighboring country Ethiopia.

Here's the exact words of the minister. "[Ethiopia ayaa] dhistay, aasaastay, daadihisay, korisay [Dowlada]."

Here's the whole interview.

Jacpher   

You think or you know? Com'on guys. I know I'm not losing my memory. He used exactly those words, dhistay, asaastay, daadihisay, korisay. Don't make me listen to it again.

Sorry Baashi for hijacking the topic. No enough time but I don't think Badhaadhe-Amuume-Kulibiyoow is enough for the ICU. Sooner these names will be familiar in the screen of the TVs. The Wazirstan of Pakistan inay noqdaan ayaan ka baqayaan.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

If, however, you have joined the extrimist and are painting the Ethio-Somali relationship into something its not for that reason let me know because I mistook you for something you are not.

What will you do if Baashi has joined the extremists? You will childishly and foolishly threaten to report him to the Department of Homeland S.t.u.p.i.d so that he will be sent to Guantanamo?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Baashi:

..The conference produced a constitution and a roadmap for peace. Close scrutiny of the document show that negative tribalism is central to the state’s idea of itself. The document envisages Federalism to serve as oil that lubricates tribal machinery to minimize inevitable friction that the system will experience. It bets all its worth on 4.5 formula as the basis of power-sharing scheme!

Reading this - I guess those clan based states of Somaliland and Puntland are such horrible, terrible failures. I guess that federalism based on regional autonomy has been an abject disaster in other countries of the world. :eek: :eek:

This type of gross simplification of clan and its use or misuse as a basis of government does not take the debate forward. In fact - it only distorts and debilitates it.