Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

The Current State of the Muslim World

Surely All praises belongs to Allah!

the messenger of allah(saw) said:

I asked my Rabb not to destroy my Ummah with drought. I also asked that He not send an enemy against them from other than their own selves, nor one that will take away their unity and strength. My Rabb said; "'O Muhammad! When I decree an order it cannot be rejected. I have granted you your request on behalf of your Ummah, that they not be in a state of drought. I will not send upon them an enemy from outside them who will take away their unity and strength - even if all the nations came against them. This state (of security) will remain - until they (themselves) begin to destroy one another, and to curse one another.'" [saheeh Muslim: 2889]

The Current State of the Muslim World

By Shaykh Saleem bin 'Eid Al-Hilaalee

It has become apparent in our time that the Ummah is suffering from afflictions, which have caused it to lose its balance. These afflictions are: The Current State of the Muslim World

The State of Weakness: This state has been described to us, and we have been warned about it clearly and explicitly, leaving no excuse for ignorance. Thawban (raa), one of the Prophet's

(saws) servants, stated that the Prophet (saws) said: "Soon the nations will call one another against you, just as people call one another to eat from a platter of food."

A man asked: "Will this be because we will be few in number, O Messenger of Allaah?" He (saws) replied: "No, you will be large in number, but you will be Ghuthaa'a like the froth scum on the surface of a body of water, and Allaah will remove from the

hearts of your enemies their fear of you and shall place in your hearts Wahn." Those present asked: "What is Wahn, O Messenger of Allaah?" He replied: "The love for this worldly life, and hatred of death." [saheeh hadeeth due to a multitude of routes of narration in the Sunan of Aboo Daawood (4297)]

The following hadeeth clearly explains this condition of wahn:

First: Our enemies, the hosts of Iblees and his servants, have tried to hinder the progress of the ummah and take from its territories when they see that wahn has set in and inflicted us. Ever since the dawn of Islaam until today, the kufaar and mushrikeen from amongst the People of the Book have continued in their endeavour against the Muslims. They have always sought out ways to render our people weak. They have even attempted this in the very city that was established and fostered by the Prophet (saws). This is clearly illustrated in the story of "The Three that were left behind" (see Soorah al-Tawbah: 118). Ka'b bin Maalik (ra) said:

"As I was walking in the market place of Madeenah, I saw a farmer who was a part of a trading caravan from Shaam selling some of the foodstuffs that he had brought with him. He was asking as to where he could find me and was then directed to me. He then handed to me a letter from the (Christian) king of Ghasaan. Being literate, I began reading it. It said: "To proceed: We have received news that your friend (Muhammad (saws)) has spurned you. Allaah does not wish for you to remain in a land of disgrace. Come to us and we shall take care of you." [Agreed upon]

O Muslim, ponder and reflect upon how the people of disbelief, those encircling the territory of the Muslims, receive news of what is occurring within our lands. They sit in wait, seeking an opportunity to unleash their assault. This can be clearly shown in the following examples as well.

Second: The nations of disbelief call one another and gather in alliances in the pursuit of destroying Islaam and that which it calls to, its adherents and their lands. You can see this vividly in the Crusades and the First World War. In the First World War, one of the main objectives was the dismantling of the Khilaafah. To implement their goals of destruction, the nations of disbelief organized themselves first into an association, then into a larger general body, becoming increasingly organized until they established a New World Order.

Third: Verily, the lands of the Muslims are the source of many of the earth's natural resources. Therefore, the nations of disbelief wish to strip us of our lands and control these resources. As such, we see that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) described them as if they call one another to a feast. Each of them seeks a large share of the regale.

Fourth: The nations of disbelief partake in the bounties of our lands, without any fear of complaint or reprisal. These assets are then taken away either 'peacefully' or by force.

Fifth: The nations of disbelief shall see our lands as being soldiers and scattered pieces of land. This is expressed in the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (saws) that is reported by 'Abdullaah bin Hawaalah (raa), who said that the Prophet of Allaah (saws) said: "You shall be regiments and soldiers. A regiment in Shaam (Syria), a regiment in 'Iraaq, a regiment in Yemen." I asked: 'Choose for me which I should join?' He (saws) said: "Go to Shaam. Surely, Allaah 'Azza wa Jall has guaranteed the protection of Shaam and its people." Rabee'ah, one of the sub-narrators, states that he heard Aboo Idrees Al-Khiwalaani report this hadeeth and then say: "What Allaah vows to protect none can destroy." [saheeh]

This clearly portrays the present situation of the Islamic world. It consists of countries having no control over anything: whether their own internal affairs or those external to them. They gain their freedom, protection and strength from the nations of disbelief.

Sixth: The nations of disbelief are no longer concerned by, let alone in fear of, the Muslims. The fear that was once present in their hearts is no longer present. The terror that previously caused the hearts of the nations of disbelief to shake and tremble is no longer of any significance - if present at all.

Allaah says in the Qur'aan: "We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allaah, for which He had sent no authority." [surah Aali-'Imraan: 151]

The Messenger of Allaah (saws) says: "I have been given victory due to the fear our enemies have of us, which precedes us the distance of one month's travel." [Al-Bukhaaree (vol. 1, pg. 436 - Fath) and Muslim (#521) from the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn 'Abdullaah]

This is a specific attribute assigned only to this ummah. This is established in the hadeeth of Thawban (raa): "And Allaah will remove from the hearts of your enemies their fear of you."

Seventh: Another important issue is that the ummah is not strengthened by its numbers or by its weapons. The strength of the ummah is in its 'aqeedah and with those who uphold tawheed. Have we not heard the Messenger of Allaah (saws) say:"Verily, you will be many in number" And do we compass the following lesson that will remain relevant in every time, when Allaah said: "And on the Day of Hunain, when you rejoiced at your great number, but it availed you naught." [surah At-Tawbah: 25]

Eighth: The ummah is not paid any heed to, as the Prophet of Allaah (saaw) said: "You will be ghuthaa'a, like the froth scum on the surface of a body of water."

The proofs and signs that we have just mentioned are significant for the following reasons:

1. The body of water completely controls the ghuthaa'a that is upon its surface. Such is the state of the ummah in these days. It flows along with the nations of disbelief, completely under their influence and control.

2. The ghuthaa'a contains things that are of no importance to mankind. Such is the state of the ummah today. The ummah has abandoned the actions that have always ensured its prosperity, especially enjoining the good and forbidding the evil.

3. The ghuthaa'a passes and leaves no trace. Allaah will always bring forth the good from the evil and raise a people of righteousness whom will be a source of inspiration and goodness to mankind.

4. The ghuthaa'a will constantly carry impurities. Such are the false ideologies that have crept into the philosophies of many Muslims as a result of foreign religious indoctrination.

5. Since the ghuthaa'a is under the complete control of the current, it is not known to where it is being carried. The ummah may not be aware of the plans that have been made for it by its enemies, yet it follows the call of any and all individuals, without assessing the worth of that call.

Ninth: The ummah in this day and age has made this worldly life its primary pursuit and objective. For this reason they have become afraid of death and what it will bring. They love this worldly life they are immersed in, completely forgetting the importance of preparing for the Hereafter. This was one of the things that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) feared for his ummah.

'Abdullaah bin 'Amr bin al-'Aas (raa) narrated that the Prophet (saws) said: "If you conquer Persia and Rome, what type of people will you be?" 'Abdur-Rahmaan bin 'Awf replied: "We will say as Allaah has ordered us." He (saws) replied: "Or other than that. You will compete against one another, then you will envy one another, then you will plot against one another, and then you will hate one another. Following this you will go to the impoverished Muhaajireen and cause them to oppose one another." [saheeh Muslim: 2962]

For this reason we see that when Persia was conquered, 'Umar bin Al-Khattaab (raa) began to weep and said: "No people were given this except that they began to fight one another."

Tenth: It must be made known that the nations of disbelief will never destroy the Ummah. Even if they were to all come together in that pursuit. In another hadeeth narrated by Thawban (raa), we see that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) said: "Allaah compressed for me the whole of the earth allowing me to see its east and its

west. My ummah shall surely spread throughout the world. I have been given the two treasures, the red and white (gold and silver, the treasures of the Persians and Romans).

I asked my Rabb not to destroy my Ummah with drought. I also asked that He not send an enemy against them from other than their own selves, nor one that will take away their unity and strength. My Rabb said: 'O Muhammad! When I decree an order it cannot be rejected. I have granted you your request on behalf of your Ummah, that they not be in a state of drought. I will not send upon them an enemy from outside them who will take away their unity and strength - even if all the nations came against them. This state (of security) will remain - until they (themselves) begin to destroy one another, and to curse one another.'" [saheeh Muslim: 2889]

Yeah yeah yeah yeah we all know the hadith, but what do you propose to do to change it. Apply the least of faith and hate it in our hearts. Sorry for sounding blunt but it is the same present day Wahhabi group which has the ummah so divided. So all said and done lets talk abotu solutions. How can the ummah become unified and have our honour and dignity restored. And what can we do as individuals.

^^^^ the solution is rectification of ones heart, and learn what is Haram and halal, distance yourself from the disobedience of Allah Squelch it with Taqwa, When your rectify your heart and make your actions sincerly for Allah! Then By Allah, Allah the majistic the Exalted will change your conditions for you without you lifting a finger!

^^^ TS do you win some time to recite the QuranAlkarim and consider the speech of Allah?

At times I sense that you feel content with your groups objectives, if such a thing exists, rather then resorting to the schooling of the Quran and Sunnah upon the first 3 generations.

“Allâh has promised to those amongst you who believe and do righteous actions that He will certainly grant them khilâfah (succession) on the earth, as He granted it to those before them; and that He will grant them authority to practice their religion, the one that He has chosen for them; and He will change their state from one of fear in which they lived to one of peace and security. They will worship Me alone, not associating any partner with Me. But whosoever disbelieves after this, then they are the rebellious ones.“ibn kathir of surah 24:55

Our full methodology is that of the first three generations we adhere to their path, We cleanse our heart, start with own nafs, then we start with our family, then with our

Community. This may be done by opening Islamic schools, holding lectures and classes to train the people on the Fundamentals of the deen ! Purifying the Masjids Allah has promised this Ummah that he will establish Leaders who will uphold his Sunnah, but he placed a condition, we must believe and do righteous deeds, and this can only be done when one understands the deen according to the Salaf Us Salih and thens acts upon the knowledge he/she has acquired. Thats Allah’s requirements on his slaves! Allah will change your conditions when you fulfil these conditions! Until then yours words will fall upon deaf ears!

Salaf online i think you are looking at the islamic state as an endowment on the ummah based on their akhlaaq or imaan rather than as fardul kiffayyah. I illustrated how important it is to establish the state and the khalif that the same sahaabah that you follow delayed the burial of the prophet S for three days to ensure that the state is in order. They did not tell people to perfect their imaan and HOPE on Allah, rather they establish abu bakr siddiq after much talk and debate. The reason why we are disunited, i believe solely is because Somalia is in the state that it is- Muslim killing muslim. If a jew killed a muslim it is not worst than a muslim killing a muslim. I propose that the khilafah state should be reborn in somalia. But here is where the problem lies- Muslim have forgotten about supporting leaders, how to elect a leader, and the biggest problem is trust. For example if i say trust me and help me establish the dowlatul islamiyya in somalia how many of you are willing?

^^^^^

they havent forgotten anything brother, one must have prior knowledge of something before forgeting it! simply put,the muslims just dont know it!

And no the sahabs didnt have to tell anyone to have imaan and hope in Allah, though this is correct, they already possessed it, The messenger of Allah(saw) Trained them for 23 years! who is training you brother?

if i asked you what are the three principals and their proves, you can not answer! and they are the fabric of our deen!

Yes Allah (swt) promises the state as he promised the Prophet (saw).

For arguments sake lets say i agree with culturing people with tawheed, okay the people have Iman now, how now are you going to get the authority? what is your method here at this stage. Thats all im asking.

However what we see is the Prophet (saw) took particular steps to get the authority, he (saw) went to tribes to seek the authority from them to rule over them - this was the practical step the Prophet (saw) took to get power, what is your method?

If you can address this point only rather than any other.

NGONGE   

^^^^Surely if the people have Iman and are of one mind in regards to their deen, the Khilafa will automatically come! Aren’t you trying to put the cart before the horse there?

I always assumed that’s the way you too wanted to establish the khilafa but were being a bit ambiguous about it. Turns out I was wrong!

Islam is not a magical path, it is a practical way of life that people can apply in their every day lives.

Khilafah will not magically appear - it needs a step by step path to be achieved - the authority needs to be sought (as was the case with the Prophet (saw)) all i ask is what is the Salafs method to get this authority, not how to get the people ready.

NGONGE   

Truth Seeker,

I’m not a spokesperson for the Salafis but from what I understand, they don’t “seek†authority. Their message seems to be “Muslims should return to Allah’s book and his Prophet’s Sunnaâ€. It’s not a revolutionary message. It’s not asking people to do anything out of the ordinary. Their logic being, if the Muslims get back to practising Islam and are true in their belief (reflecting it in their everyday life) they’ll become united (since they’ll all become of the same mindset – being true in their belief). Their unity in the name of Allah will simply result in the Khilafa being created. What they’re saying is that you can’t start from the top and work your way downward. You’ve got to start from the bottom and teach people about the basics of their religion, the importance of the belief in Allah (sw) being the ONE and only god, and the duties and obligations of each and every Muslim. Without that, a majority of people giving a bay’ah to a khalifa will not even know what they’re doing or why.

Your argument of “seeking authority†is really confusing, saaxib. The Hezb uses the analogy of the prophet(csw) visiting the various Arab tribes and “seeking†authority from them. It neglects to mention that those Arab tribes were disbelievers and that the prophet’s main aim was to convert them to Islam, for if these tribes were Muslim tribes, the prophet (csw) would not have needed to seek authority from them! The only conclusion I can derive from that is that the Hezb equates current Muslims to those disbelieving tribes! I’m sure I’m wrong here but this brings me back to my original grumble with the Hezb, their inability to express their message in a clear and understandable way.

I think the salafs push this idea to the ummah and basically has the ummah sitting and waiting for Imam Mehdi like the christians are waiting for christ on his white horse. The fact is how would the salafs know when someone has imaan? All of a sudden the people who says ilmul kashf is bid'ah and haraam, suddenly posses such knowledge? The fact is the Dowlatul islamiyyah is Fardul Kiffayah and is evident from the hadith that the Sahabah delayed the burial of The Nabi. If you are asking about imaan remember there were a few people saying that islam has died with the prophet. Abu Bakr Siddiq reassured them by saying whoever believe in Mohammad as a God know that he is dead. Allah Knows best however it seems like peoples imaan was very low if they had any at all at that point. Also on the issue of having imaan and Taqwa before giving the Bayah. If i that was the case then acceptance into islam would not be possible for example that of Abu Bakr. Siddiqi HE accepted islam with no knowledge what soever except that Nabi was a Prophet sent by God. so please these things about educating the people and building their imaan and taqwa are baseless and is a hidden deterent to establish the khilafah. So i pose my question again as truth seeker asked many times before what plans do the salaf have for the establishment of the swtate example 1: Go to an uninhabited land and establish it there? 2: wait until king fahd decides to do it? 3: by a land and establish the state.? WHAT IS THE METHOD?